Controversial Opinion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He hasn't even played that well the last few weeks. Lichaa has just set the bar so low over five seasons at the hooker position that some of you are forgetting that he's been holding the team back for five seasons now..

He still is slow as fuck, has a poor running game, takes the wrong options in attack and it takes him five seconds to pass the ball which stifles the attack..

There are plenty of better hookers out there that can be signed and if Lichaa is re-signed as our best option, then we can all just get used to the bottom four again the next few years.

Saying to re-sign Lichaa is like suggesting Elliott should be extended and made captain and we move Meaney back to fullback and dump DWZ to reserves.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you struggle with reading and comprehension in day to day life?

Here's a simplified version.
- He has improved on weaknesses in his game.
- At this point in time, he is the best option at 9 that we currently have
That's the problem! That the club hasn't addressed this glaring issue for years and Lichaa is still our best option. That needs to change ASAP otherwise we'll keep missing the finals with a reserve grade hooker.

Neither Lichaa nor JMK are good enough to be in FG at any other club and they desperately need to sign a hooker before next season. If we go into next season with Lichaa as our hooker then they can just hand us the spoon now.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
According to that quote, I literally didn't say "ignore his past."

You're suggesting that was the insinuation.
but the only possible way to not hammer him for his history and reputation is to ignore his history and reputation

if you don't want people to ignore his past then you agree with people hammering him for the past and so if you agree with people hammering him then there is no reason to bring it up in the post

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the problem! That the club hasn't addressed this glaring issue for years and Lichaa is still our best option. That needs to change ASAP otherwise we'll keep missing the finals with a reserve grade hooker.

Neither Lichaa nor JMK are good enough to be in FG at any other club and they desperately need to sign a hooker before next season. If we go into next season with Lichaa as our hooker then they can just hand us the spoon now.
A few pages back I said we need a hard reset at Hooker. The strongest endorsement I made was holding onto him as our Canterbury Cup 9 and seeing how he develops next year, provided the money was right for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few pages back I said we need a hard reset at Hooker. The strongest endorsement I made was holding onto him as our Canterbury Cup 9 and seeing how he develops next year, provided the money was right for us.
Even then I think he's had enough chances as he's proven he's really good at that level but can't perform in FG. I'd rather our backup hooker actually had some potential to be a FG regular in the future. I just think we've seen what Lichaa can offer and it isn't good enough so it's time to part ways.

If I were Lichaa and I wanted decent money and to play FG regularly, I'd be looking at the ESL as he might have a better career over there and his options in the NRL would be very limited, if he had any at all..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
but the only possible way to not hammer him for his history and reputation is to ignore his history and reputation

if you don't want people to ignore his past then you agree with people hammering him for the past and so if you agree with people hammering him then there is no reason to bring it up in the post
I wasn't talking about people hammering him for his past though...

Edit: Maybe the word 'for' is confusing in the original post.

The point I'm trying to make is he has made improvements yet they are being overlooked by people who have a set opinion on him based solely on his history.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even then I think he's had enough chances as he's proven he's really good at that level but can't perform in FG. I'd rather our backup hooker actually had some potential to be a FG regular in the future. I just think we've seen what Lichaa can offer and it isn't good enough so it's time to part ways.

If I were Lichaa and I wanted decent money and to play FG regularly, I'd be looking at the ESL as he might have a better career over there and his options in the NRL would be very limited, if he had any at all..
Yeah I wouldn't argue that or be angry if he moved on

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope.
This is not happening again.
He tricked us into resigning him at the end of his last contract. Not this time.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nope.
This is not happening again.
He tricked us into resigning him at the end of his last contract. Not this time.
kennel 2025: don't worry the problem was Hasler, Pay, Holbrook, Dymock and Bennett were all dud coaches who told lichaa not to run with the ball, it will be different under the new coach and he still has the potential so we should once again sign him up

kennel 2032: lichaa is 39 but there is no other hooker option at the club so we should continue with him

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about people hammering him for his past though...

Edit: Maybe the word 'for' is confusing in the original post.

The point I'm trying to make is he has made improvements yet they are being overlooked by people who have a set opinion on him based solely on his history.
It's still only a handful of fg games where he even remotely deserves a pass mark as a fg dummy half...

You're not gonna have a win on this one unfortunately...like your forwards....you're running one out with a slow, high pass from Lichaa hitting you in the head...and then you get smashed by 120kg forwards :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's still only a handful of fg games where he even remotely deserves a pass mark as a fg dummy half...

You're not gonna have a win on this one unfortunately...like your forwards....you're running one out with a slow, high pass from Lichaa hitting you in the head...and then you get smashed by 120kg forwards :grinning:
Whose the better option that we currently have?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I drove past a Milperra Colts game and their hooker was able to pass the ball properly in one motion
Well if he's in our top 30 and can play 80 minutes of first grade I guess you have me cooked!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whose the better option that we currently have?
Thats the problem we've allowed to continue for 4 seasons with Lichaa
....it's got to stop.

Clubs a laughing stock if they allow players to only try when contract renewal is due...and REWARD that behaviour with a new contract.

He still can't pass, kick for field position, create.

A statement needs to be made here.

Be inconsistent, continually sell your team mates the dump, suddenly hit a purple patch of form in your last few months of contract year AND NO WAY BUDDY WE AINT THAT STUPID.

Well we have been THAT stupid before :(

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the problem we've allowed to continue for 4 seasons with Lichaa
....it's got to stop.

Clubs a laughing stock if they allow players to only try when contract renewal is due...and REWARD that behaviour with a new contract.

He still can't pass, kick for field position, create.

A statement needs to be made here.

Be inconsistent, continually sell your team mates the dump, suddenly hit a purple patch of form in your last few months of contract year AND NO WAY BUDDY WE AINT THAT STUPID.

Well we have been THAT stupid before :(
I think you're misunderstanding me.

We need a new hooker for first grade as of next year, I agree, but as of right now he is the best option in our top 30

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're misunderstanding me.

We need a new hooker for first grade as of next year, I agree, but as of right now he is the best option in our top 30
JMK has performed better than him this year . So no Lichaa is not the top option .

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
kennel 2025: don't worry the problem was Hasler, Pay, Holbrook, Dymock and Bennett were all dud coaches who told lichaa not to run with the ball, it will be different under the new coach and he still has the potential so we should once again sign him up

kennel 2032: lichaa is 39 but there is no other hooker option at the club so we should continue with him
Kennel 2032: and as captain/coach it will make it just a little bit easier to follow the coaches game plan