News Bulldogs battle to rebuild

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally when you view the success or lack of,in an organisation,you look at decision making process,improvement in defence &attack structures,improvement on player performance,i for one being a season ticket holder have seen a lot of games and I have witnessed none of these,so on that basis you would have to say that this board has been a failure

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mr I has had it in for this board since day 1, nothing they do is or will be good enough. At the end of the day they come in seen the shit they dealing with and said get rid of dead wood and bad contracts. They done that. No coach will come knowing they are going to start from scratch and will be crap for 2 years. Hence the pay extension. The hardest jobs are the dirty jobs, pretty boys in expensive suits just sat back and let des destroy the club for 5 years. We lack leadership and the board is meant to be in the background. Hill is a fail for me
Dib and co had to go and I don't want them back in. But everyone was right to question the new board given the way their website was set out... very unprofessional. Are they the right choice moving forward I guess time will tell.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me the next move will decide for me about this board. So far I am content with the removal of Deadwood and contracts so we can compete again in 2021. Right now I am waiting to see how they play out the Coach side of things. If they keep Pay and miss out on Holbrook then I will see that as massive fail and all faith lost. The right move would be to get Holbrook from 2020 and a few pommie players that would come with him starting 2020 and 2021 depending upon our salary cap position. I would say most see it this way too and bad timing for the election for the Anderson and co.
Will be a HIGE fail.!!!

Pay must go..
and a decent, proven FG coach is the first thing needed.. that will show their intentions of having the clubs best interest at heart..!!!!!

Need to see change as supporters and to be shown the board actually do care and give a shit..!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bottom line the team went backwards in 2018 & it looks like further backwards this season.
As it stands now the club is in a state of limbo.
In terms the front office nepotism has run wild. But nepotism did work in the 80s.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dib and co had to go and I don't want them back in. But everyone was right to question the new board given the way their website was set out... very unprofessional. Are they the right choice moving forward I guess time will tell.
I’m curious to know why in the world our board would have anything to do with a website? It is nothing to do with them, it probably doesn’t even have CEO sign/off.

A board of directors meets approximately 8–10 times a year and they don’t get “paid” a great deal to be on the board.

It is not a full time job, I’m thinking by the majority of posts on here that people don’t get or understand that. The CEO makes the day to day key business decisions in any organisation.

Every second post on here mentions the board, but rarely does Hill get a mention in posts and he would be making the bulk of key business decisions.

Anderson is clearly making recruitment decisions but will have a recruitment committee that he works with but I’m guessing final say comes from him. I’d be surprised if Pay has a great deal of say in recruitment...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m curious to know why in the world our board would have anything to do with a website? It is nothing to do with them, it probably doesn’t even have CEO sign/off.

A board of directors meets approximately 8–10 times a year and they don’t get “paid” a great deal to be on the board.

It is not a full time job, I’m thinking by the majority of posts on here that people don’t get or understand that. The CEO makes the day to day key business decisions in any organisation.

Every second post on here mentions the board, but rarely does Hill get a mention in posts and he would be making the bulk of key business decisions.

Anderson is clearly making recruitment decisions but will have a recruitment committee that he works with but I’m guessing final say comes from him. I’d be surprised if Pay has a great deal of say in recruitment...
I think APB is referring to the website they set-up when they were seeking election.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

All of that is completely true but at the end of the day, the Chairman Lynne and her offsider Chris would have the final say on most decisions and are the ones who appoint the CEO and coach etc while approving signings...

When most of us refer to the board, we're mainly referring to the Anderson's as they have the most power. I would think Hill wouldn't be able to do too much without their say so and mainly acts on their behalf in the day to day running of the club.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOLLL... it just keeps getting better. First things first, we need to stop with this "family club" bs of recruiting and hiring because its just code for jobs for the boys nowadays. You have ***** like Steve Price scabbing off us without actually doing anything. We are a powerhouse club and very few other clubs have the financial backing we do thanks to our leagues club.
Treat the front house like it is .. a business. I hate the guy but the last decent guy we had running the front shop was Greenburg. Maybe we should offer David Gallop a job now that he has stepped down from the A league CEO position.
Divide and Conquer...have you heard this famous quote ?
When are we going to fully understand that...
1. We are the targets for destruction by News Ltd & Nine Network that is the NRL
2. Greenturd was responsible for signing Hasler ( THE CANCER )...Both worked on destroying OUR CLUB.
3. Greenturd once said of the rumours of taking on the NRL CEO job...His job isn't finished at Canterbury, Well...Till he got Hasler in full control.
3. Hasler abused the trust of the previous board in him, despite their loyalty...It's NO EXCUSE for failure
4. The power brokers on the current board deserted the so called the FAMILY CLUB when it suited them and returned when it suited them, riding on what I believe is Hasler deliberate destruction of OUR CLUB
5. Sadly there is a racist and backstabbing opportunist who used the Andersons to get back on the board. In my opinion he shouldn't be at the club ( I will not name him now )
Unless both boards NEW & OLD iron out their differences UNITE & MEET around the round table for the one most important cause THE CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB and its fans...WE WILL BE DOOMED !!!
THE ENEMIES ARE TOO GREAT AND INFLUENTIAL !!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All of that is completely true but at the end of the day, the Chairman Lynne and her offsider Chris would have the final say on most decisions and are the ones who appoint the CEO and coach etc while approving signings...

When most of us refer to the board, we're mainly referring to the Anderson's as they have the most power. I would think Hill wouldn't be able to do too much without their say so and mainly acts on their behalf in the day to day running of the club.
I agree on their power and hence my note about CA making recruitment decisions.

But Hill, like I mentioned will be making the key business decisions on a daily basis.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what. The business went into liquidation and everyone was paid up. Survival of the fittest. That happens to the biggest and the best. No company is immune.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously that Weedler is a grub..
Whats the big deal if a company liquidates after paying its staff and all its creditors.
For all we know it sounds like a Voluntary Liquidation... in other words the directors want to close down the company.
How is it newsworthy??
Precisely

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If so, that’s a strong retort from me...
I haven't really seen it tbh but I heard it was pretty amateurish. I'm guessing alot of the voting members are older and probably would want to hear things first hand rather than via websites anyway.

Last time around I heard some of the people trying to get elected went door knocking, will be interesting to see if anyone comes knocking on my door as I'm a voting member now. I'd be very honest with them and would be interested in what they had to say.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Add to that all these uneducated little sad leb ***** who are related to that other Leb in Dib, degenerates like Weidler and Rothfield were always going to have a field day on the kennel.
And to think i was labelled a racist lol. But it's a point of view i suppose.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Don’t kid yourself Hill operates within the parameters given to him by the Andersons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t kid yourself Hill operates within the parameters given to him by the Andersons.
That's how most CEO's work to be fair. Hill certainly has more freedom and responsibility then Castle did under Dib.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's how most CEO's work to be fair. Hill certainly has more freedom and responsibility then Castle did under Dib.
Point being the direction is set by the board who is ultimate responsibility for everything including a lowly website.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say about this board they talk a big game but so far are not looking very impressive and if they aren’t chasing holbrook they are clueless time will tell but so far they aren’t looking very good
Totally agree, and this club needs a total clean out, board members, coach and certain players who aren't giving 100% every game and you can see what players are just not Fg standard, if us supporters can see who is shit why can't Pay.
And hearing that Lichaa could be re-signed for another year is the biggest joke I've ever heard since I started supporting this team, whether it's true or not I couldn't say but this player is one of the worst players I've ever seen and if it's true whoever is the person saying extend his contract they should be sacked on the spot.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Their all just idiots someone needs to get smart and lead us out of it properly