Opinion First choice half back

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Lewis and would rather him than Cogger but he has no running game. Wakeham has played 2 or 3 games in reggies and actually did play really well. Wakeham has showed more than Lewis and Cogger combined, if you can’t see that you have no idea about footy.
He has also shown he is not very good defensively. Happy with him being given a chance but liability in defence compared to both Lewis and Cogger.

The season is gone anyway so hopefully he can keep playing more games and be better for next year.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham has eyes up skills at a young age.Definately worth keeping,

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Said a thousand times on here, I believe Lachlan Lewis to be our long term halfback (or five eighth), with a partner in Brandon Wakeham.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has also shown he is not very good defensively. Happy with him being given a chance but liability in defence compared to both Lewis and Cogger.

The season is gone anyway so hopefully he can keep playing more games and be better for next year.
Yeah definitely has to work on his defence though I think he is on par with Cogger with that and we all know how good Lewis is with his defence but I don’t think you should ever being picking your half on whether he can tackle or not as most halves in the NRL struggle, it should alway be whether your half is creating opportunities.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is a busy type player. He needs to touch the ball on both sides of the ruck , not stuck in a corridor over playing his hand. He isn't a long term answer, cogger isnt either and wakeham way well be but currently Lewis n Foz are our best option to win games. We need to avoid the spoon , every game should be all out for a win not building towards next year. We need wins and worry about next yr next yr.
Yeah I think Foran and Lewis should have been the halves pairing all season as I think we have looked our most dangerous and organised when this has happened but just looking at talent wise I’d go with Wakeham and Foran now and when Foran eventually breaks down bring in Lewis. I’m looking forward to watching Foran and Wakeham play though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
6. Lewis
7. Foran

Lewis played well at 5/8 so yea
Lewis played halfback, just from the left side of the field (left foot kicker)
I think Foran prefers the left and obviously needs a dominant kicker beside him
I'd probably have Lewis halfback (left) and Foran five-eighth (right) tho too
Lewis probably has to play his way into the side through reserves while Cogger keeps struggling in the NRL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Said a thousand times on here, I believe Lachlan Lewis to be our long term halfback (or five eighth), with a partner in Brandon Wakeham.
Well we're fucked if Lewis is our long-term half.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah definitely has to work on his defence though I think he is on par with Cogger with that and we all know how good Lewis is with his defence but I don’t think you should ever being picking your half on whether he can tackle or not as most halves in the NRL struggle, it should alway be whether your half is creating opportunities.
100% agree there. I don’t necessarily see our defence as the issue rather our attack putting unnecessary pressure on our defence. If we were rolling forward kicking to corners or getting repeat set you can get away with a leaky defence. All depends what way you look at it I guess. Maloney is a turnstile but what he does with ball in hand makes up for it. Wakeham is similar in a way if your comparing him to Cogger as I’m not a fan of Cogger kicking game. Haven’t seen enough of Wakeham to comment atm.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wakeham’s got a lot of work to do on his kicking game before he’s a first grade halfback.
Just like you husband Pay, who has even more work to do before he is a first grade coaches arsehole.