The dentist near me is really cheap just one catch

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so a dentist near me is really cheap the catch is they are students training would you risk it ? It is 1/3 of the normal price if that I need a lot of work done so would save me a lot of money.

Anyone else does this before ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
so a dentist near me is really cheap the catch is they are students training would you risk it ? It is 1/3 of the normal price if that I need a lot of work done so would save me a lot of money.

Did this when I was younger and it was mostly fine, did eventually have to go to a real one to treat the bigger issues though.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did this when I was younger and it was mostly fine, did eventually have to go to a real one to treat the bigger issues though.
More problem is the bigger issues and I think they can fix. I have 2 root canals need to be done also a tooth replaced which has broken. I hate the dentist I avoid like the plague

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If there students they would have supervision from a proper dentist.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
More problem is the bigger issues and I think they can fix. I have 2 root canals need to be done also a tooth replaced which has broken. I hate the dentist I avoid like the plague
That shouldn't be an issue, not like they're going to completely mess the job up. Could be a little rough though lol

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That shouldn't be an issue, not like they're going to completely mess the job up. Could be a little rough though lol
That is what I’m worried about. I have an appointment Monday for X-ray so if I don’t like the look of them I’m out will wait till I get to Australia save up then go to Thailand.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They'd still have to have liability to practise so it would be safe.. Maybe a little risky with needle poking but 67% off I'd go

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be perfectly fine, also they have dentists with them
They do this at the local uni here, dental students but heaps cheaper and the job they do is fantastic

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You said you’re in Brazil.
So there’s a high chance these students maybe drunk and on drugs!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Personal experience, we used to go to the one at Westmead as kids.

In one instance a student slipped with a drill and cut the lining of my mouth.

Since that time I've developed severe dental phobia, to the point I get anxious even walking past them or at high pitch drills.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I have a toothache I just go to the local pub and pick a fight, eventually they'll knock out the tooth that's aching.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal experience, we used to go to the one at Westmead as kids.

In one instance a student slipped with a drill and cut the lining of my mouth.

Since that time I've developed severe dental phobia, to the point I get anxious even walking past them or at high pitch drills.
This is what worries me as well as the needle. right now im just thinking how much money i will save would be a few thousand

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd go off reviews on Google ... as strange as it sounds.

Money saved is fine.... until they stuff it up and you spend twice as much fixing it, or end up with a jaw infection.

That said the Uni of Sydney Vet Hospital (for example) has students working in it and is meant to be one of the best in Sydney, because they have the latest and greatest gear, and trainers overseeing them.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to Greenacre Dental even though I have to travel along way, they support our club and are very good.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had an apprentice hairdresser cut my beloved mullet off by mistake once if that helps.