Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bill is president of Sydney Olympic and is not associated directly with the Dogs, so take it with a grain of salt
Ok fair enough. Can't say I'd be happy with the Reynolds and Lichaa news... good about the rest though

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2020 Ins: Justin Holbrook (St Helens), Luke Thompson (St Helens), Josh Reynolds (West Tigers),
Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters)

2020 outs: RFM (St George Illawarra), Danny Fualalo (Cronulla Sharks)

They wont be re-signing Fa'amanu Brown and John Olive.

Michael Lichaa will possibly be re-signed on a 1 year deal
Hope bill is well informed

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2020 Ins: Justin Holbrook (St Helens), Luke Thompson (St Helens), Josh Reynolds (West Tigers),

I hope your wrong about Lichshit, he's still shit.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Joseph Manu? @dog whisperer??

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As it comes along :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good one PAY..!!!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save your breath, Gold Coast

NRL Leaks hears the Titans are wasting their time pursuing Justin Holbrook.

A very influential figure connected to the Bulldogs has been telling all and sundry the St Helens coach will be at Belmore next year.

Where that leaves Dean Pay remains to be seen, but it's ordinary form from the so-called Family Club.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...y-parramatta-eels/c92fslpi5pa61fnoef0o234l3/3

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I hope this is true (except for Reynolds and lichaa)

I don't see manu leaving the rooters tbh, but let's see what happens

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is this sourced, or just opinion?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A backline of

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Hopoate / Harper
4. Manu
5. Smith

Has some potential.

But I’m not expecting anything until I see an official announcement.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine for a moment Reynolds and Lewis in the halves together ... would make for an erratic and unpredictable but interesting game

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Save your breath, Gold Coast

NRL Leaks hears the Titans are wasting their time pursuing Justin Holbrook.

A very influential figure connected to the Bulldogs has been telling all and sundry the St Helens coach will be at Belmore next year.

Where that leaves Dean Pay remains to be seen, but it's ordinary form from the so-called Family Club.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...y-parramatta-eels/c92fslpi5pa61fnoef0o234l3/3
It's ordinary form that got us to this situation.

Banned
Reaction score
Renyolds on minimum coin would be worth it as a bench utility.
Lichaa on minimum to see if he can finally show his potential when he was a junior under a decent coach, otherwise GTFO!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I think Reynolds is better than most of the current side I wouldn’t sign him tbh
He has aged , he is injury prone these days , his best days have long gone , the club will have to pay half his currently salary as tigers wouldn’t pinch more and not worth it , his large salary plus playing Reggie’s affects tigers cap , that money freed could mean The tigers trump the dogs for a player or due to the extra cap space they force doggies to pay overs

The club should be signing players for the future or gun players that can offer the team something immediately, Reynolds is not skilful just an effort player , if playing with “effort” is contagious etc wouldn’t the plodder Elliott fill that role

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds returning to the Bulldogs would not be a good idea. Sadly, I don't he has anything to offer. First, too many injury problems. Second, we need good organising halves which he has never been. Didn't he originally play hooker and Hasler turned him into a tackling machine playing in the halves ? Third having him around just to for his energy and club spirit - too much of a waste of salary cap space. Tigers say they would pay a portion but we need all we can get.
Given the recent injury history would any club in English Super League take him? 2 years in Tigers reserves - at least he would be paid but not really an ideal way to see out a NRL career which has seen the highs of Grand Finals and a State of Origin series win. However, he has achieved those 2 things which many NRL players will only get to dream about. Life doesn't give out fairy tale endings for everyone. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and I wish him all the best.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whilst I think Reynolds is better than most of the current side I wouldn’t sign him tbh
He has aged , he is injury prone these days , his best days have long gone , the club will have to pay half his currently salary as tigers wouldn’t pinch more and not worth it , his large salary plus playing Reggie’s affects tigers cap , that money freed could mean The tigers trump the dogs for a player or due to the extra cap space they force doggies to pay overs

The club should be signing players for the future or gun players that can offer the team something immediately, Reynolds is not skilful just an effort player , if playing with “effort” is contagious etc wouldn’t the plodder Elliott fill that role
According to ZT Reynolds is on 750k/y. If we paid 300k and Tigers paid 450k would you take him? We'd only have to pay more for him if other clubs come in with 350-400k (if he's not worth that then why would other clubs come in for him?). In theory he should mean more to us then other clubs, similar to Benji and Farah when they came back to the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.