Opinion THE REFS!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Back to the Refs I see 2 Broncos charged , Staggs for knees and Fleegler (if that's the spelling) has been charged with a crusher on Montoya that both refs and video ref all failed to see.

Reactions: DT

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Back to the Refs I see 2 Broncos charged , Staggs for knees and Fleegler (if that's the spelling) has been charged with a crusher on Montoya that both refs and video ref all failed to see.
I remember that "crusher" moment and from memory the ref was standing right next to the spot at the time. I just figured nothing in it as he was a) ref so close to it and b) as soon as no penalty Montoya stopped the act and continued on.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I remember that "crusher" moment and from memory the ref was standing right next to the spot at the time. I just figured nothing in it as he was a) ref so close to it and b) as soon as no penalty Montoya stopped the act and continued on.
Apparently will miss one week.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video ref got the knees. We got a penalty like 2 or 3 tackles later.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Debuting a female Qld ref in Brisbane, against a dumb team who no one at HQ or the media cares whether they get shafted, was also a master stroke.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Funny the video ref, at least, didn't pick it up....a 4th penalty woulda been nice :grinning:
Would have made no difference in the end, but hey now I can have a bitch about it and act like we could have won if they picked it up. LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would have made no difference in the end, but hey now I can have a bitch about it and act like we could have won if they picked it up. LOL
"We just want some consistency" lol

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Debuting a female Qld ref in Brisbane, against a dumb team who no one at HQ or the media cares whether they get shafted, was also a master stroke.
Get the walker brothers

Just for something different in coaching, game plans and etc

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As bad as the boys played tonight a big reason was being reffed out of match. Surely the broncos weren’t so deciplined to concede what was it, only 3 penalties all game yet we were penalised left, right and centre.

Fatigue vs a massive broncos pack we got no chance especially with shit
Defenders like Meaney

I was at the match and can tell you the boys were talking and trying to the 80th minute. We lack class and set plays, but fatigue against a massive forward back due to a biased penalty count and lopsided possession guaranteed a touch up was on the cards

Thoughts (other than sack pay lol)
Couldn't bring myself to watch the game because I knew this was how it would go in Brisbane. Ever since I watched an offside Alfie Langer steal a win on the bell, right in front of the touch judge and ref, I've known winning in Brisbane is a forlorn hope.

The penalties we are denied hurt as much as the ones we concede. You can always justify a penalty, but how do you justify the ignoring of one when it is obvious? From watching the NRL lowlights, I saw the Broncos up in our faces every play, too fast not to have been offside. They are masters of not standing square at marker as well. The officials are too busy watching us for penalties, to see what is going on around them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to fix our own inadequacy’s rather than worry about the refs performances
True. But they do make it hard sometimes. Look at our penalty try, and two that were exactly the same in later games this week, that were not given.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True. But they do make it hard sometimes. Look at our penalty try, and two that were exactly the same in later games this week, that were not given.
Didn’t see the others, but I’m comfortable with Oates getting that penalty try, he was 2 meters in front of Smith, and DWZ plays the man instead of the ball, we don’t do enough to help ourselves

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy and gals I thought we got the run of the green by and large against the knights. Broncos game we were on the receiving end. I have common ground with Pay on one thing and I endorse his post match press conferences comment on the refs.
You will never get rid of the bias that we see on penalties nor will the referees who obvious dislike the dogs change their bias.
Deal with it or stop supporting as unfortunately this is the world we live in.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn’t see the others, but I’m comfortable with Oates getting that penalty try, he was 2 meters in front of Smith, and DWZ plays the man instead of the ball, we don’t do enough to help ourselves
Agree it was a try. But there was another almost exactly the same in a following game (all a blur to me now) where even the commentators were comparing it to ours, and wondering why no penalty try. Not arguing the validity of the decision against us; just pointing out the inconsistencies in refereeing.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you're into a chick with a face like a frying pan with a witches nose?

Whatever turns you on bob
You like abusing the way a person looks? Shes someones wife and someones daughter and someones sister. She did an adequate job. We dont care what she looks like, shes a ref doing a job. Wake up to yourself, you make me sick to my stomach with your misogynistic tripe.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You like abusing the way a person looks? Shes someones wife and someones daughter and someones sister. She did an adequate job. We dont care what she looks like, shes a ref doing a job. Wake up to yourself, you make me sick to my stomach with your misogynistic tripe.
Hahaha, so it does make you sick to your stomach, well done. . That just confirms my other post that your way too sensitive and have no sense of humour. Congrats