• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay unless Mary is getting sacked this season.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Neither but they both should be.

Hopefully Pay though because we need some changes, quickly.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though they are under performing massively with their roster, at least Mary can coach.

Pay is more useless than tits on a bull

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
McGregor will be sacked next season. Pay most likely gone at the end of this season.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
McGregor can't be far off. The team is chronically under performing and has been for 3 years.

Looks like they're going to lose Friz and Mary might be the victim

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both. I am betting both will be sacked after their contracts go. Pay is only here to cop the flak while the idiots can use the "shit roster excuse" until they get some real coaching staff.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The results of Rookies like Pay, Mcgregor and Brennan, Barrett is exactly why rookie coaches with zero first grade coaching experience in NRL and ESL should avoided..

The risk is too high.. not worth the gamble..

Get a coach whos done it and succeeded before..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mary should have been fired years ago. He's completely clueless and has wasted a solid Saints squad with more talent than most teams.

But Pay will likely be fired first. Hopefully anyway... Neither will be a head coach in the NRL again.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a great roster you shouldn't be coming 3rd last.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dean pay is gone end of the year so would say Pay

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The results of Rookies like Pay, Mcgregor and Brennan is exactly why rookie coaches with zero first grade coaching experience in NRL and ESL should avoided..

The risk is too high.. not worth the gamble..

Get a coach whos done it and succeeded before..
So Trent Robinson, Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennett etc werent rookie coaches when they first started?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Trent Robinson, Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennett etc werent rookie coaches when they first started?
Too big risk in my books.. how many rookie coaches to go through by the time you find the next Bennet or Bellamy..

Weve been a f-up since at least 2016, next coaching appointment shouldnt be a rookie..

And no - Robinson fits my category as a coach he was head coach in ESL and did well there before he got the Roosters gig..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy and Bennett are just exception coaches but if you look at Robinson he did his time in England while the other rookie coaches G Dog mentioned went straight into NRL from being assistants. I don’t think anything can replicate what it’s like to coach in the NRL but coaching in England is the closest thing.

Getting the assistant coaches is vitally important as well. I think Pay needed a veteran coach assisting him from the start with him being a rookie.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bellamy and Bennett are just exception coaches but if you look at Robinson he did his time in England while the other rookie coaches G Dog mentioned went straight into NRL from being assistants. I don’t think anything can replicate what it’s like to coach in the NRL but coaching in England is the closest thing.

Getting the assistant coaches is vitally important as well. I think Pay needed a veteran coach assisting him from the start with him being a rookie.
Pay served under Bellamy, from memory, you can't get a better coach to serve under.

Dib and co made a massive blunder in signing Pay, brought him in on hopes and dreams, but then again there were quite a few experienced coaches who passed up on coaching us based on our salary cap situation at the time. Our available choices weren't anything to get excited about at the time.