• No

Votes: 53 62.4%

• Total voters

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did he re-sign or did the club re-negotiate his contract to remove the lazy Sunday rule?
Also, my memory is shithouse, was it before Des got the boot?
If so, I reckon it'll be backended in true Des style. He'd be giving up a fair chunk of change if he chooses to leave early.

Still would rather keep him in the centre. He's the most consistent player we have. He's not flashy, but you can count on him to catch a high ball or actually show some urgency when needed, unlike other shit kickers we currently have.
Yes under Des , yes renegotiate with extension

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weve replaced too many capable experienced players with inferior duds.. dont let players go unless u have better replacements

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last night only Hoppa and Jackson put in

At one point Hoppa had 3 hit ups in one set

Jackson made a trysaving tackle and very next set was expected to make two hit ups in 3 tackles

Fkn embarrassing effort from the others

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And by the way

Full freight yes release Hoppa

But full freight ain’t happening

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hops has been one of our most consistent last 3 years.
He's hasnt got x factor and lacks speed but his numbers are usually pretty dam good and is versatile.
Why throw away a solid rock when can get rid of flakes like Montoya,fuallalo etc to hopefully add x factor around him.
The dogs will have a chance to recruit correctly but I feel people making decisions wont make the right ones and perfect example is paying decent coin for Napa .

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he is going to be on ridiculously high money then let him go. Although he is very solid and his metres gained stats are very good most of them are from dummy half runs. We need strike in our centres and should go for that.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we do need to replace him I feel better value would be to chase players of the calibre of xerri and cotric. I'm sure combined they'd be on the same money lantrel Mitchell would demand.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, not until we sign a capable replacement.

He cops it one here regularly, with such smart nicknames like "floppa" but the fact remains he's one of our better backs, and consistently one of our best every week
Says a lot for the other backs when Hoppa is the best of a bad bunch. We have nothing in the backs that makes me smile this year.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who cares. Not like we are gonna be a threat to win anything over the next few years.
Yes chances are we wont win the wooden spoon. Referees will make sure we will win a couple more games this season to keep us from winning the spoon .

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's average at best. Plays a decent game now and then but so does every first grader otherwise they wouldn't be in first grade. We need quicker more hungry strike players. Hopa would be on decent coin from Des' days. Would only re-sign him if he accepts a downgrade. Worth about 300K a season otherwise happy to see if he can get better elsewhere - seriously doubt it

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
He can go. Skillful but soo slow and kills our momentum like tolman.. doesn't strike fear in any opponent

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get rid of anyone who wants to leave besides CHN, Jackson,DWZ & Reimis Smith. The rest are just fringe first graders in any other side.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been our best on ground multiple times this year. Can cover fullback and wing comfortably, wouldnt even mind seeing him at 5 8th.
Takes better hit ups than most of our forwards of not all of them.
There is no way id let hoppa walk, get rid of the shit that doesn't need to be here cause there is plenty of it and it doesn't include hoppa.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For sure. Hoppa has been pretty good but he'd be on 600k or more on a backended deal next year. Hoppa, Jackson, Tolman and Foran should all be shopped heading into the last years of their deals. Some teams will have interest in each as long as partial freight is paid for most of them.

That would still free up over $2 million and replacement players can be signed during this offseason for 2020, despite being under contract for longer. You see huge amounts of movement every offseason.

This would allow Holbrook or whoever else to put their stamp on the team right away.
We are severely lacking in experience and you want to shop our 4 most experienced players?? Yeah nah.