Opinion Damien cook

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Losing cook is worse than Thurston
We lost Thurston to keep Anasta who was a premiership winner and a state of origin 5/8 which is understandable at the time

Losing cook for lichaa who is hopeless doesn't make sense

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
he might be worth the mil to bring him back tbh

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just heard Damien on a sports podcast asked if he enjoyed his time at the Bulldogs.

His reply was that he did and that we had a great side and that he did NOT want to leave at the time but that’s just how “rugby league works”

Was very interesting to hear him say that

Thoughts?
Translation:

"I got offered double the money than the Bulldogs offered so I took it and ran."

Can't blame him. He was a reserve grader at the time and was offered overs. Obviously Souths saw something Des didn't.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not do this to ourselves again. Its painful enough without constantly having to think about it. Especially when some are suggesting to re-sign Lichaa... I can't be near sharp objects just thinking about it!
If history has taught us anything, it's taught the Bulldogs nothing!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Translation:

"I got offered double the money than the Bulldogs offered so I took it and ran."

Can't blame him. He was a reserve grader at the time and was offered overs. Obviously Souths saw something Des didn't.
Everyone saw what Hasler didn't.

Hasler wanted a one dimensional tackling hooker and Lichaa gave him exactly that.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fk Damien Cook he no longer a Dogs player

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
School holidays. But thank F:;(k they’re back this Monday.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sick of hearing about this guy....

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck him we made him rich the **** owes us big time . Move on

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just heard Damien on a sports podcast asked if he enjoyed his time at the Bulldogs.

His reply was that he did and that we had a great side and that he did NOT want to leave at the time but that’s just how “rugby league works”

Was very interesting to hear him say that

Thoughts?
Yep was pretty obvious Des the fuckhead forced him out in favour of wonderboy lichaa.
Forced Ennis out too.. Now I'm cranky again

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Delete all old player threads... this is getting ridiculous
But it's relevant to the basis of the crashing of our club and why we are sitting at the bottom of the ladder

And should shut the trolls up who make up shit saying Cook wanted to leave for the money

And if this thread gets deleted I'm done with this place.. Doing an indiandog

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Translation:

You need help mate..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In the past now but part of our recent history. That there is one of the reasons why Canterbury fans are so vocal about some of the continued dumb decisions, and lack of good decisìons.

Cook was offered a better pathway to fg at Souths.

Was made to feel supported and Madge told him he wanted him and would make a special contribution to Souths.. and we'll give you an extra $50,000 as well.

Meanwhile at Des' Dogs he got stuck behind a plodding Des favourite in Lichaa, not given a go, but when given chance thru injury, played 6 games and got 2 MOM awards...who can forget the tries and attacking threats he singlehandedly created for others. Des didn't rate him. Dib was a complete moron and we lost that kind of talent for $50,000. A travesty.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/10/01/damien-cook-season-highlights/

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the past now but part of our recent history. That there is one of the reasons why Canterbury fans are so vocal about some of the continued dumb decisions, and lack of good decisìons.

Cook was offered a better pathway to fg at Souths.

Was made to feel supported and Madge told him he wanted him and would make a special contribution to Souths.. and we'll give you an extra $50,000 as well.

Meanwhile at Des' Dogs he got stuck behind a plodding Des favourite in Lichaa, not given a go, but when given chance thru injury, played 6 games and got 2 MOM awards...who can forget the tries and attacking threats he singlehandedly created for others. Des didn't rate him. Dib was a complete moron and we lost that kind of talent for $50,000. A travesty.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/10/01/damien-cook-season-highlights/
Exactly!!
The morons who believe that the decision makers at Canterbury did all they could to keep Damien Cook at the club are morons.

The morons who believe Cook wanted to leave our club for a pitiful small change amount of 50k extra after putting in game changing and ground breaking efforts to save our season are morons .

The morons who claim that Damien Cook wanted to leave the club even after he stated that he wanted to stay at the club are morons