tonight's game

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a neutral observer who always want the Broncos to lose because they have so much advantage handed to them on a plate , I thought the Dogs put on a brave performance. The Broncos would have beaten just about anyone at home last night. The expansive style that Pay has adopted is a great idea I believe and I've long thought that with struggling teams. They are better of learning how to attack and chancing their arm as an education for the years ahead. It comes in very handy when the good days return and you need to put on a try to win a game. To me it's largely about recruitment from now on. Haslers early years at Manly saw some diabolical loses but he slowly added players and the ones he kept developed into title winners. Pay looks as bad as Hasler in his early days but any coach would look bad at this stage with the Dogs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I still hold out some hope he can produce something in the NRL but he’s very much a work in progress.
He is best used going back to being an edge 2ndrower.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
More than belief... our forwards aren’t on their level mate
That's my point. We keep choosing eliott and Smith eho have no talent over and over and over and over again instead of giving young ones like Ogden and Rt more game time.

If those 2 had been chosen since rd 1 and been given huge mins they would have been on Broncos level instead of where they are at now.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with parts and yes Elliott and Smith do my head in at times also, but question who do you replace them with?? As seen last night there isn't much to choose from.
Ogden and RT should hsve been given 18 rounds to play and condition them for first grade and would be shitloads better than what those 2 idiots provide

RFM as well would have been a better option..

Playing Jackson at lock would have been a better option.

Playing terry lamb would also be a better option.. season is over .Fuck those 2 guys off and play anyone. Literally give anyone a chance. You never know what we may unearth

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-18/broncos-v-bulldogs/

We had.....Lot less time in possession having to make a whopping 84 more tackles..that is fourteen more sets to defend, yet completion rate only one per cent less than the Broncos: slower play the balls ( we were penalised for slowing them down) : missed 56 tackles:penalties lost 7-3....

Had to laugh at Alexander and co carrying on about the interchange stuff up trying to intimate we had a player going back on illegally " We will certainly hear mote about this" . It was the interchange official who held up the wrong card!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
As a neutral observer who always want the Broncos to lose because they have so much advantage handed to them on a plate , I thought the Dogs put on a brave performance. The Broncos would have beaten just about anyone at home last night. The expansive style that Pay has adopted is a great idea I believe and I've long thought that with struggling teams. They are better of learning how to attack and chancing their arm as an education for the years ahead. It comes in very handy when the good days return and you need to put on a try to win a game. To me it's largely about recruitment from now on. Haslers early years at Manly saw some diabolical loses but he slowly added players and the ones he kept developed into title winners. Pay looks as bad as Hasler in his early days but any coach would look bad at this stage with the Dogs.
What was most alarming to me was how 10 minutes into the 2nd half the whole team and specifically the forward pack were gassed. Like hands on hips gassed. That's when we started leaking points. I know we had what seemed like only 40% possession but this team is 2/3rds of the way through the season and should be conditioned to compete for a whole match.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OMG.!!!

We lost, not due to the corrupt refs calls etc, it’s been a disaster all year. 2019 has been a write off from the get go, we don’t have what it takes..!!

Don’t have the players or coach etc to get the job done, nothing will
Change until the above does.. END OF.!!!

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
You guys overreact to a lose .. lets break down the loss to the Broncos ... we had no ball ... Penalty count was lopsided ... we lost Montoya in the first half had a make shift Centre / Wing combation that let in 3 of their 5 tries and penalty try that should not have been awarded ... first 40 min we hung in there and to be down by 4 points only ... we played bad granted they monster ed our forward pack so our halves couldn't really get into the game always on the back foot .. its one game the two before that we played reasonably well against top 8 sides ... we have our most creative half off the field our most consistent forward not playing in Tolman and Foran .. Liccha is not a great hooker but much better than JMK who was a passenger when he came on .. Its one game from a relatively inexperienced side. Lets leave at that and bring on next week

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys overreact to a lose .. lets break down the loss to the Broncos ... we had no ball ... Penalty count was lopsided ... we lost Montoya in the first half had a make shift Centre / Wing combation that let in 3 of their 5 tries and penalty try that should not have been awarded ... first 40 min we hung in there and to be down by 4 points only ... we played bad granted they monster ed our forward pack so our halves couldn't really get into the game always on the back foot .. its one game the two before that we played reasonably well against top 8 sides ... we have our most creative half off the field our most consistent forward not playing in Tolman and Foran .. Liccha is not a great hooker but much better than JMK who was a passenger when he came on .. Its one game from a relatively inexperienced side. Lets leave at that and bring on next week
FD7155D1-383B-4BA1-9C6F-8476991625AA.jpeg

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We're lighter in the forwards than most of you are on brain cells. Lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay's worried about penalty counts, then maybe don't coach the players to leg pull? Twice in the first half we got pinged for it. I know its in hope the opposition goes for goal instead of scoring a try, but if its part of your game plan, don't winge about penalties...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's my point. We keep choosing eliott and Smith eho have no talent over and over and over and over again instead of giving young ones like Ogden and Rt more game time.

If those 2 had been chosen since rd 1 and been given huge mins they would have been on Broncos level instead of where they are at now.
That’s an incredibly long bow to draw.

U could give our boys that you’ve mentioned an extra 1000 games of FG experience and it’s not gonna make them better footballers than Haas, Fifita, TPJ etc.

We got beaten by a better, more talented group of individuals. Plain and simple.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A Seibold coached team has never lost to Pay

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score

why cant we be more positive then overreacting to every loss like we expect to win every game .. the way you guys whinge about every single farken play you would think we a team of all stars playing reserves and they arent getting put into first grade... everyone here knows we werent going to win many games but they still cry when we lose . The truth is we haven't got the cattle this year and the forwards had off night against the sharks and the knights they did aim up and we got the wins hurrah for us but we are going to be rocks and diamonds till we get better players simple. Most people here were saying we should start CHN in the centers we all saw how that went down .. Meaney is not wanted after tonights performance and i agree is not a winger but they wil bring in OKunbar and he will drop 2 a couple near the line and miss a tackle and you will jump on him .. Cogger was a future half 2 weeks ago now people are saying Wakeham and Foran should be our halves , the truth is we havent got first grade players to step into the side why Whinge

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Broncos forwards are as young as ours. Difference is he believes in his forwards and knows how to.get best out of them.
He has guys like Fensom who has millions of FG experience not even getting a run. Whereas Elliot and Smith get picked every fucking week.

Difference last night was the coaching .

Broncos have a hasbeen at 5/8
A hooker at Half back
All his forwards besides Glenn and McCullough are young kids.
Even his backline are full of youngsters.

You dont see broncos playing like we do. Pay has no fucking idea.
Did I read correctly? You think our forwards with good coaching are potentially as good as Ofahengaue, Pangai, Haas, Glen, Lodge and the other 6 foot beast. Is this correct?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You people still don’t get it & it stuck out like dog’s balls last night. Pay has the most inept roster in the NRL!
So many pelicans on this forum seem to think we don’t need to recruit forwards. Well last night was glaringly obvious just how desperate we are for big bodied middle forwards we are. From the kickoff Napa, Ogden Fualalo & Toomaga we’re intimidated outenthused, outmuscled & downright owned by the Baby Broncos. The only notable mentions last night were Jackson, Hopoate,R Smith & for a change Montoya before injured.
Toomaga & Ogden have both been given ample opportunity & both have been unimpressive (more a blight on our coaching staff)
Cogger & Meaney aren’t NRL standard & shouldn’t be there as of next game. Cogger’s attacking organisation, kicking & passing skills just doesn’t cut it. Meaney, is just out of his depth at this level regardless of being on the wing/fullback.
As for Elliott/Tolman/Jackson/Hopoate, they’re the first 4 picked each week if fit & that’s purely because of the large chunk of salary cap they consume.
Pay maynot be the greatest coach, but he doesn’t have a lot to work with.
Last night was a true indicator of the skill/talent of the team.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
why cant we be more positive then overreacting to every loss like we expect to win every game .. the way you guys whinge about every single farken play you would think we a team of all stars playing reserves and they arent getting put into first grade... everyone here knows we werent going to win many games but they still cry when we lose . The truth is we haven't got the cattle this year and the forwards had off night against the sharks and the knights they did aim up and we got the wins hurrah for us but we are going to be rocks and diamonds till we get better players simple. Most people here were saying we should start CHN in the centers we all saw how that went down .. Meaney is not wanted after tonights performance and i agree is not a winger but they wil bring in OKunbar and he will drop 2 a couple near the line and miss a tackle and you will jump on him .. Cogger was a future half 2 weeks ago now people are saying Wakeham and Foran should be our halves , the truth is we havent got first grade players to step into the side why Whinge
Nah because Pay