• Yes

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 62.4%

• Total voters

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's always sound defensively. But very hot and cold in attack. He has a fortnight here and there when he looks brilliant and then a month where he doesn't do much. I wouldn't cry if we let him move on. But it comes down to moving him on when we have a solid replacement. I don't know if he's on a higher pay rate than his form warrants. If he's not being over paid I'd stick with him till his contract expires. So I didn't vote because there's no maybe option in the poll.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think his best position is fullback cause he has the vision and passing game.. knowing that he probably won’t play fullback and if he is on overs it would help us to let him go if we can get a good centre in return and save money.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's our player of the season, never misses a game through injury and always tries his heart out. As long as he's not getting over 500-600k a season I say keep him.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's our player of the season, never misses a game through injury and always tries his heart out. As long as he's not getting over 500-600k a season I say keep him.
Let him go his on a fortune

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can you imagine Montoya and Holland in the centres FMD.

But if we can get someone to pay full freight and we can find a suitable replacement then yes it might be to our caps benefit.
That’s a nightmare centre combo, neither are first graders, but I would be comfortable with DWZ, CHN or Remis Smith in the centres

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either way, but the centres off contract this year ain't the best either. We'd have to get a replacement that is still under contract. The media has hyped up Hopoate after his game against the Knights, but I think if you take that game out he's been very average. Our whole team is average so it's very hard to tell sometimes tho. Reimis or DWZ could play centre and we sign a fullback or winger instead. We're already needing 1 winger for next year as is tho. The only winger I'd 100% take that's off contract is Oates.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
As we are rebuilding it would be a good move. Go and look at the Bronco's backyard. Too many young guys, too little positions. Probably say the same about the Roosters as well. There has to be some gun guys not getting a go. Just need to grab a few and wave the opportunity of a 1st grade spot in there face.

Malla

Reaction score
Who cares. Not like we are gonna be a threat to win anything over the next few years.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a nightmare centre combo, neither are first graders, but I would be comfortable with DWZ, CHN or Remis Smith in the centres
Hopefully Harper isn't too far off either (although I don't watch enough of the lower grades to say).

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
All depends on who they have planned to replace him. He is our best centre currently on our books

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let him go with hoppa being on $800 k not worth keeping.
Our young guy Harper more than capable replacement .
Our youth need more game
Time not 10 minute stints off the bench.
Bring back Reynolds and coach hoolbrook

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m hearing a whisper that TWO Sydney clubs may come a knocking in November with a longer term offer for Hopoate (certainly beyond 2020).

Thoughts, happy for him to leave a year early? BTW full freight, no subsidy required by the Dogs.
That would explain his improved involvement and effort I guess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let him go with hoppa being on $800 k not worth keeping.
Our young guy Harper more than capable replacement .
Our youth need more game
Time not 10 minute stints off the bench.
Bring back Reynolds and coach hoolbrook
You are nowhere near the mark on Hoppa's contact, you're over by about $330k.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On full freight pleaseeeee.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Did he re-sign or did the club re-negotiate his contract to remove the lazy Sunday rule?
Also, my memory is shithouse, was it before Des got the boot?
If so, I reckon it'll be backended in true Des style. He'd be giving up a fair chunk of change if he chooses to leave early.

Still would rather keep him in the centre. He's the most consistent player we have. He's not flashy, but you can count on him to catch a high ball or actually show some urgency when needed, unlike other shit kickers we currently have.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. Hoppa has been pretty good but he'd be on 600k or more on a backended deal next year. Hoppa, Jackson, Tolman and Foran should all be shopped heading into the last years of their deals. Some teams will have interest in each as long as partial freight is paid for most of them.

That would still free up over $2 million and replacement players can be signed during this offseason for 2020, despite being under contract for longer. You see huge amounts of movement every offseason.

This would allow Holbrook or whoever else to put their stamp on the team right away.
Imagine for a minute our team without those 4, fmd !

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At the end of the day DWZ is the only bloke of a standard good enough to keep so providing that smart business is done then who cares.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think we can afford to let him go early, but shouldn't need to re-sign him after 2020. We have more urgent dead-weight to offload.