Opinion You have to feel sorry for Jacko

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you just have to

He saved a try, he played well, but his team isn’t getting behind him. It’s just sad

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko is part of the problem unfortunately he's been terribly out of form all year although his last few games have shown a bit of improvement.
Agree, but atleast he gave a rock solid effort last night.
Its the most leadership I've seen from him this year.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's been pretty shit house this year tbh. Maybe it was the injury to start the pre season, who knows. The form he showed in the back end of last year is LONG gone.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
jackson had a go last night but he is as dumb as the rest of them in giving away stupid penalties, being called the captain is one thing, but he has to stand up start showing leadership on the field

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko is part of the problem unfortunately he's been terribly out of form all year although his last few games have shown a bit of improvement.
Exactly. His form hasn’t been great this year. As inconsistent as anyone on the team.

Singing his praise this week is like saying Elliot deserves to start after last week.

Great player but needs to lift his game and lead from the front consistently. He did have a great game but anything short of being a starting nsw back rower for him is a fail.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best game in years from jacko, hoppa was our best though. I cant fault the teams effort last night, we just dont have the cattle, and were out coached last night.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played his heart out. Solid effort indeed, so got to give him that.

Credit where it’s due.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give me half of his paycheck and I'll feel sorry for him..

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jacko had a massive dig last night but what annoys me is people who obviously don't watch our games commenting about how much worse of a situation we'd be in without him when he's been well done this year and he's on big money

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You could tell he was buggered as well. The only negative I saw was that he clocked off once after we created a second phase play. I don't think it's feasible to move him into the middle and play 80 minutes, especially when we're going to be defending most of the game. Either 80 minutes second row or 50-60 minutes lock.

Malla

Reaction score
His lapses in attack last night provided further evidence that he's gotten to a point in his career where he's better served in the middle as a lock forward.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I will be honest in what I thought/think and Jacko has been my favourite player in this really rough period. At one stage I would have kept him only and released everyone else.

Ok, his form this year has been horrible. The penalties, vital missed tackles that lead to try's and mistakes which were never in his game but are now prevalent? Last night I was sitting there thinking, this guy needs to be relieved of the Captain duties, it's become a curse at our club. I'm not sure if he likes the job, I hope he doesn't so it can be given to someone else.

So I was painfully watching our game last night and was thinking, fuk Jacko is becoming ordinary now? Then 1 minute later he pulls off that tackle..... I don't know if it's age, workload (both on and off the field), Pay, position or the team around him but our most consistent is fuking struggling. He looks unhappy as fuk out there on the field too which I guess is understandable.

Maybe it's all of the above but man he use to be way better!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His lapses in attack last night provided further evidence that he's gotten to a point in his career where he's better served in the middle as a lock forward.
Keeps running back into the ruck...easy pickings.