Pay has destroyed Meaney

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were dominated in the middle, lost a centre early on and looked fragile in defence across the park. Very few players deserve credit in this match. I think Lichaa is nervous about having a replacement on the bench and reverted to the worst passing he's capable of which leaves the defence in the face of the first receiver. Neither Cogger or Wakeham got a kick away without 2-3 defenders on them. And the forward pack let the Broncos offload all night.

Meaney had a tough task tonight. Staggs had a great game and was hard to stop on the back of a forward pack that had the defence retreating. It's harsh singling him out when a tissue would have been more useful in defence than 80% of the team.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were dominated in the middle, lost a centre early on and looked fragile in defence across the park. Very few players deserve credit in this match. I think Lichaa is nervous about having a replacement on the bench and reverted to the worst passing he's capable of which leaves the defence in the face of the first receiver. Neither Cogger or Wakeham got a kick away without 2-3 defenders on them. And the forward pack let the Broncos offload all night.

Meaney had a tough task tonight. Staggs had a great game and was hard to stop on the back of a forward pack that had the defence retreating. It's harsh singling him out when a tissue would have been more useful in defence than 80% of the team.
Explain his attacking stats to us please,Mrs Meaney

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

They made us their bitches

Banned
Reaction score
I think Meaney set a NRL record tonight.
The first player to lose more ground in attack than defence!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya destroyed himself last night, literally!!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Pay has destroyed the Dogs.
Which player has actually improved under the fraud ****?
I'm no longer a Pay fan, but destroy the bulldogs in on dib n des. This team on paper is rubbish, many experts had us for the spoon. True no player has improved that's why I would prefer another coach( Sheens n Holbrook combo). In saying that no player improved under des. Des has all the money and better talent and no one come through dessie system . Maybe barba improved from 2011 to 2012. Des along the way neglected our juniors. Pay will get sacked this year but he has been knee capped a little. Who knows if he is coaching a plan and they can't deliver or he has nothing. This club needs a teacher and someone who doesn't follow Bellamy, has his own style. Rant over lol

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blokes a fullback never played any other position so it may take time.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney ain’t a FG winger, obviously. And with Pay’s insistence on using backs for the first 3 hitups, every set, he is just a liability.

Mind you, JOk has ham hands, so if/when he comes back, all the extra metres he makes in hitups will be nullified by dropped high balls, knock ons etc.

The Donks were always going to be up for last night, they usually are at Suncorp. Going in 2 forwards down, then losing a centre and having an injured FB...a win was nigh on impossible.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Putting on muscle wont help Meaney unless he starts to put some aggression and commitment into his running game and defence - he wasn't the reason we lost but he is part of the reason we are so far behind most other teams in the comp. Apart from significant changes to the playing squad I hope the club realises they have gotten pre seasons completely wrong over the last two years - across the grades the physicality / strength / technique needed to hold / dominate in defence has been lost. Players that were once strong defenders regularly fall off tackles or get easily dominated by other teams.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pay lovers are hiding in their holes tonight
There's no Pay lovers on here. Or maybe one or two. However there are a whole lot of us that show him a bit more respect then to call him a useless **** in every second post! Seriously, anyone speaking of him like this should take a look in the mirror. Fucking disgraceful.
Yeah we are a shit show. Yeah our team is big average, and yeah Pays coaching and team selection is pis poor. But that's where it ends for me. I would never call him a useless ****. That's totally out of line as far as I am concerned.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Meany got owned pretty much every time he had the ball last night. Pushed backwards and made to look like he was a 14 year old competing in an under 18's match.

I like the guy and I think he has potential, but he's going to have to do something about his aggression. Corey Thompson is a small guy but he has worked out how to handle himself against defensive lines that are much bigger than him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't really argue with that bro, just sick of watching the lost fucks every week. Yet I don't miss a minute of our "games".
I gave up watching. Still love the team, but it's like watching your favourite pet put down. Best to avert my eyes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez, what a surprise! Some of us have been saying for weeks that it was only a matter of time before a team realised that they should be targeting Meaney on the wing.

He got rag dolled, exposed and smashed so badly all game that he looked like he was playing in the wrong age group. He's not a winger, never has been and never will be and it was moronic of Pay to ever play him there. But rest assured, Pay will pick him there again next week because Meaney is one of his pets.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
meaney unfortunately has his ambitions mixed up with his capabilities, while ge would be ok as a fill in for an injured player, it starting to stand out hes not a first grader and doesn't have what it takes to be one.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Yeah stick that up your arse Newcastle we stole Meaney and Cogger from right under your noses.
And all you got was Klemmer oh shit hang on Fuuuuuuuuck.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week I want to see a Okunbor, Holland combo on the left edge. I also want to see cogger dropped for a week (bring in either foran or lewis, hopefully foran)
Thats a recipe for about 45 rorters tries.
I don't care about who prefers left vs right, Holland with Smith and Hoppa with dick fingers Okunbor.
Not exactly rock solid defense but atleast we might see some attacking flair and meters gained.

Meany got owned pretty much every time he had the ball last night. Pushed backwards and made to look like he was a 14 year old competing in an under 18's match.

I like the guy and I think he has potential, but he's going to have to do something about his aggression. Corey Thompson is a small guy but he has worked out how to handle himself against defensive lines that are much bigger than him.
Feel bad for the kid, playing out of position with zero confidence.
I'd love to see him get angry and fired up.
If he ran with some anger and didn't stay upright when getting tackled, he wouldn't get pulled backwards like that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Harper should be given a shot with Montoya once again proving how poor he is. But for those that have watched Harper more closely, could he be thrown out on the wing and adapt or is it just not his game?