Wakeham??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For me he doesn't stand out as being the next big thing . Put CHN through a Montoya size hole . Even watching reserves he doesn't have that 1 thing to brag about like if he had the blistering acceleration or the magic step or the crisp cut out passing game . Game plan isn't this fault but this halves on one side shit puts pressure on new halves to try get into the game. Pearce is a great example of on the ball half.
I know this will get missinterpreted, his uncle didn’t have any of those attributes either but he went OK. Of course not in any way suggesting that he is the king (sic) reincarnated. I see some (not all) of the “find a way to win” attributes in him, like winning a game with a field goal having never kicked one before. Without the stand out physical attributes it takes those types of players time to establish themselves as regular NRL players. Time to learn and practise their bag of tricks and then put them into action at appropriate times in the game. He might just turn out pretty good, but he will need time as well as having to put in the hard work, the ball is firmly in his court.

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really like this kid. I hope he becomes a long term half at our club!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham should play the rest of the season. We've seen enough of Cogger to know he's a serviceable game managing backup halfback, but nothing more.

Wakeham has the potential to be our long term half and has the vision and skills that no other half at the club outside of Foran has. These last two months are vital to his development and I look forward to seeing how he handles it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks very classy i think the future will be cogger/wakeham halves and lewis at lock when he bulks up

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Actually is the shinning light in this team atm, had some decent attacking kicks tonight and looked the most likely in the two times we managed to make it into the Broncos half

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually is the shinning light in this team atm, had some decent attacking kicks tonight and looked the most likely in the two times we managed to make it into the Broncos half
Agree Wakeman been one of our better players last 3 games What shit about it is Wakeman sees fuck all ball compared to Cogger as Lichaa keeps going to Cogger pay fucked up game plan 9 times out 10 Cogger then go and fucks it up hopefully foran replaces Cogger

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m calling it now, and I’d love to be wrong, but Wakeham won’t be much good. I’d be surprised if he or Lewis, can establish themselves as regular first graders, with us or elsewhere. If we’re pinning our hopes on either of them there’s much more pain ahead

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All our halfs are struggling behind a beaten pack. But given a half decent forward pack Wakeham seems more likely to do anything then Lewis or cogger

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham was good last night behind the worst bulldogs forward pack in history,I just hope dean does not destroy the kid before we get a decent coach and some real forwards

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon give him 1 more game against roosters to show him what 1st grade is like, then ressies for the remainder of the year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham showed his potential again last night. Aside from the miss on Pangai that led to Isaako's try he was solid in defence all night despite continually being targeted by monster forwards. At least Wakeham is brave and puts his body on the line in defence which is half the battle for a young, undersized half.

Cogger was missing more tackles and offers way less in attack. I really hope Pay plays Wakeham the rest of the year as we've seen how limited and average Cogger is and Wakeham has shown more skill and class already in two and a half games. Knowing Pay though, I doubt that will happen..

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham showed his potential again last night. Aside from the miss on Pangai that led to Isaako's try he was solid in defence all night despite continually being targeted by monster forwards. At least Wakeham is brave and puts his body on the line in defence which is half the battle for a young, undersized half.

Cogger was missing more tackles and offers way less in attack. I really hope Pay plays Wakeham the rest of the year as we've seen how limited and average Cogger is and Wakeham has shown more skill and class already in two and a half games. Knowing Pay though, I doubt that will happen..
Of course, pay will probably play cogger first to justify his shrewd recruitment

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wakeham missed 6 tackle to Coggers missed 2 tackles last night.