Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger seems to play every game like its a text book. Conservative formula. Catch, pass, kick high to the corners .... where is the variation ?
He has none

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can’t blame meany for that loss our forwards were absolutely fucken shit tonight pure and simple.
He didn’t help his forwards out much tho,10 runs,50 odd metres and 16!!!! yes a whopping 16 post contact metres,not to mention the rest of his game.....

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot 10 missed tackles 10.
All this bullshit talk all year Ogden dropped to work on defence, CHN dropped to work on defence.
10 fukin missed tackles
And he is normally the 3rd one in....and still misses them after 2 guys are holding him.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gun hooker, forward, back & half will change this team. Wake me up when we can spend some money

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yh I thought he built on least week's performance..he could've got another 10 minutes and racked up a few more runs or offload but Elliott had to play the full 80 :tearsofjoy:
He was good, looked a lot more comfortable. He needs more minutes but fuckn Pay giving Elliot 80min again, he has no clue.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Player Ratings..
1. DWZ 6
2. Meaney 2
3. Montoya 5
4. Hopoate 6
5. Reimis 4
6. Wakeham 5
7. Cogger 4
8. Ogden 4
9. Lichaa 6
10. Napa 5
11. CHN 6
12. Jackson 6
13. Elliott 6

14. JMK 4
15. Toomaga 4
16. Fualalo 4
17. Smith 6

5's average/flat probably way to generous tbh.
Elliot 6 ???
What the fuck did he do?
Missed 10 tackles and ran the ball over the sideline and changed the entire momentum of the game in the Broncos favor

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our pack got dominated from the get

Meaney is too weak
First two tries because he couldn’t execute a dominant tackle (Montoya as well )

We basically need a new forward pack

Even the lesser known Broncos bench forwards ate us up

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 tackle breaks to 20.. lol.
Couldn't tackle tonight.
Definatly dominated by a young team. So I dont see our youth as much of an excuse. More a cop out

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Pay & co coaching your team to be concede penalties.

Not trying to shit stir, but it's happening a lot.
That’s where you are making your mistake you are using Pay and coaching in the same sentence

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot 6 ???
What the fuck did he do?
Missed 10 tackles and ran the ball over the sideline and changed the entire momentum of the game in the Broncos favor
Typo....it was suppose to be -6

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham and Cogger both played terrible. So did JMK. Get rid of all of them for next game.
Name me halves that can play well when they are behind a forward pack that were made to look like roadkill..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One thing I don’t understand is Chris Smith in the side when you have Elliot. Just don’t get it. Anyways hears hoping for some positive news tomorrow and the end of the Pay era
Our pack is unbalanced, too many of these smaller blokes and not enough hard running forwards that can build momentum...the ones that we do have are inexperienced and can't handle them to play the starting role we need them to play. This is again another example of Pays failure...he needed to get these things right but didn't even bother attempting it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Name me halves that can play well when they are behind a forward pack that were made to look like roadkill..
Good point

Though Cogger was still terrible

I thought Wakeham by and large defended well

Scored our only try and looked to get involved

He has to line up next to Foz

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our fowards got raped tonight and that renouf that everyone is dribbling about as shit as it gets.

How about cogger yuuuuuk they rushed him every kick he dosnt stand deep enough from the hooker. To receive the ball

He can’t tackle can’t kick ineffective Wakeham same got bumped of all night needs to go back and practice tackling& kicking if Foran and Lewis played tonight we could have been more of a chance they tackle hard they don’t get bumped of.

I have to admit licha played good but once again dean pay rotation of the bench was shocking .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will be -200++ next week.

Wooden spoon game coming up.