News Incredible untold story of Corey Harawira-Naera’s impossible journey to the NRL

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Lol no, he literally lost his test spot playing under Pay. CHN is performing about as well as he previously has at the Panthers, showing plenty of ability and doing good things with the footy but failing to nail down consistency and getting his discipline right.
So dropping him to reserve grade was a good move by Pay.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I mean, he was dropped to reggies so he could work on his tackling. I'm not trying to defend Pay but I can't blame him. Right now, through 13 first grade games, he's missed 64 tackles (4.9 MT/G).

Last week against the Knights lining up against Bhurer (Plodder) and Ramien (Down season) he missed 6 tackles. The round before against Cronulla he missed 9 tackles and had that play stripping Nikora that (incorrectly) lead to SJ scoring.

His attention to detail, particularly in defence, needs alot of work. He tends to rush up and hit high and not stick. Not all his missed tackles are "Bad" misses per se, but when we're in an elimination final it's the 1%s that are the difference between advancing and getting knocked out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
These sort of experiences in life, even though it may not seem like it at the time, teach us so much more about ourselves and make us stronger in body and in mind.

Good to hear that Corey has overcome some serious obstacles in life, and it's able to press on.

Great person to build a team around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I mean, he was dropped to reggies so he could work on his tackling. I'm not trying to defend Pay but I can't blame him. Right now, through 13 first grade games, he's missed 64 tackles (4.9 MT/G).

Last week against the Knights lining up against Bhurer (Plodder) and Ramien (Down season) he missed 6 tackles. The round before against Cronulla he missed 9 tackles and had that play stripping Nikora that (incorrectly) lead to SJ scoring.

His attention to detail, particularly in defence, needs alot of work. He tends to rush up and hit high and not stick. Not all his missed tackles are "Bad" misses per se, but when we're in an elimination final it's the 1%s that are the difference between advancing and getting knocked out.
And that's consistent with his time at the Panthers and why Pay deserves little credit as nothing has changed no matter how hard some reach.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And that's consistent with his time at the Panthers and why Pay deserves little credit as nothing has changed no matter how hard some reach.
Oh common Notso, you have an agenda and no amount of data and facts will deter you from following it. It's pretty simple, he had issues, he was dropped, told what the issues were, he worked on them with the coaching staff, started playing better, justified his promotion, was returned to NRL team and is playing well Them's the facts, irrefutable. Maybe your escape card is to claim that Georgalis worked with him and that's why he is more disciplined. That way you can acknowledge the facts and not give Pay any credit, that's a win win for you.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh common Notso, you have an agenda and no amount of data and facts will deter you from following it. It's pretty simple, he had issues, he was dropped, told what the issues were, he worked on them with the coaching staff, started playing better, justified his promotion, was returned to NRL team and is playing well Them's the facts, irrefutable. Maybe your escape card is to claim that Georgalis worked with him and that's why he is more disciplined. That way you can acknowledge the facts and not give Pay any credit, that's a win win for you.

Go Dogs
Facts and data? The facts and data do not support what you believe in the slightest, pull your fucking head in and stop spewing the same shit argument on every point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And if Holbrook comes it'll just prove that Pay wasnt the man for the job.
If Holbrook comes in then TT will defend Holbrook as staunchly as he defends Pay. Fucking Humpty Dumpty could be coach and he would do the same :tearsofjoy:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That elimination final seems light years away

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh my fucking God, how many tackles did Chris Smith miss last week? Elliot is in the same boat always missing tackles.

Why has Pay not dropped them? Get off Pays knob. Fmd