News Broncos need a Hoppa stopper to nullify in-form Dogs star

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think I’m underestimating Hoppa, just saying we need more strike power than what he offers, his strength is his experience and footy smarts, he’s never going to worry an opposition with his pace, footwork or strength. However I agree with the threats DWZ and CHN offer, and Foran’s running/passing game Hoppa compliments that well, and finally gives us a chance to improve our attack.
I'm with you on pace, but Hopoate has great footwork and strength, that's how he finds the line and gets the ball down, even with 3 guys marking him. Plus he has what many would say is the best off load for a centre in the game, he gets passes away that often look impossible (for example the back handed flick shocked Smith so much last week that he dropped it costing an almost certain try).

Go Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think I’m underestimating Hoppa, just saying we need more strike power than what he offers, his strength is his experience and footy smarts, he’s never going to worry an opposition with his pace, footwork or strength. However I agree with the threats DWZ and CHN offer, and Foran’s running/passing game Hoppa compliments that well, and finally gives us a chance to improve our attack.
Did you see the 20 plus meter run last week up he middle of Newcastles forwards? Hopoate has plenty strengh.