Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed but Holland played the last 30 minutes against Knights CC at dummy half after starting at fullback.Maybe a pointer to Licchas future.Played well to,stats would have pleased Pay.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Wakeham is only in the team temporarily, almost certainly drops out next week when Foran returns.

Meaneys currently potting them at 90%, which for a team like us is pretty crucial.

More than happy to sacrifice Okunbors extra yardage for Meaneys safer hands alone, let alone his goal kicking. Okunbors regular spills inside our defensive 20 are absolute coach killers and we can’t afford it.
Yep need a kicker that’s crucial for us

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed but Holland played the last 30 minutes against Knights CC at dummy half after starting at fullback.Maybe a pointer to Licchas future.Played well to,stats would have pleased Pay.
Holland was actually really effective at short stints last year at backup hooker. I don't know why Pay never tried it again when we've struggled so much at hooker...

Then again, I don't know why he hasn't played Holland and Reimis together again since they formed such a lethal combo last season. (Cue Twin Turbo to say why don't I just ask them in person...)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Then again, I don't know why he hasn't played Holland and Reimis together again since they formed such a lethal combo last season. (Cue Twin Turbo to say why don't I just ask them in person...)
It seems like a question that burns inside you, that's why it reappears regularly in your posts. Posting it on here will achieve absolutely nothing, there is only one way to satisfy your need to have that question answered, ASK IT!

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It seems like a question that burns inside you, that's why it reappears regularly in your posts. Posting it on here will achieve absolutely nothing, there is only one way to satisfy your need to have that question answered, ASK IT!

Go Dogs
Like clockwork.. Thank you for fulfilling my premonition.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Like clockwork.. Thank you for fulfilling my premonition.
I have given you the best advice that I can on how to solve this issues that plainly gives you so much angst. Of course it's your decision if you choose not to take it.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is crazy that aside from the Hazem/Utai combo at it's peak, we have struggled to have two high quality wingers in the team each year for 25 plus years... Sometimes it's been a struggle just to have one.

Other clubs seem to find wingers quite easily, yet it's always a continual weakness of this club. At the time I didn't think losing Corey Thompson was a big loss, but someone like him would be perfect right now on the cheap to play winger and fullback...
Curtis rona was good for us. So was bmoz

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos @ home?
I erection it'll be Broncos by 6-8 points.

But one thing I can guarantee is that Montoya will rush out of the line a minimum of half a dozen times, leaving a gap in our defensive line bigger than Mia Khalifa's anus.
He really needs to be fitted with one of those shock collars.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Curtis rona was good for us. So was bmoz
Rona was really good for those few seasons. Morris was always so banged up that we never saw the best of him. We've had good wingers here and there. But over the past 30 years, we've mainly had serviceable wingers that got the job done but weren't great.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have given you the best advice that I can on how to solve this issues that plainly gives you so much angst. Of course it's your decision if you choose not to take it.

Go Dogs
Angst? Please... You really do take yourself far too seriously.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Angst? Please... You really do take yourself far too seriously.
Seriously, I'm not the one who raises the same question over and over again If you want it answered then there is only one way to achieve that and in doing sop relieve yourself of the burden that you are plainly fixated on.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously, I'm not the one who raises the same question over and over again If you want it answered then there is only one way to achieve that and in doing sop relieve yourself of the burden that you are plainly fixated on.

Go Dogs
You're the one that is fixated with trying to prove everyone wrong instead of having a discussion..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want him on the wing because he doesn’t drop the ball coming out of our 20. Okunbor has hands like feet the amount of simple errors he has this season is embarrassing. Stay in Reggie’s till you can catch and read the attack in defence playing without Montoya at center should make that last point a lot easier for him.
In saying that Okunbor averages over 150 per game to get sets going, tough carries to alleviate pressure off our forwards

Oh he also does what wingers have been recruited to do in last 100 years

Score tries!!!!

Meaney is a FB in progress nothing else

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
The club needs to move on. He hasn't improved in five years, still can't pass off the ground, still has no vision and a complete lack of awareness and still has a massive attitude problem where he refuses to address his glaring flaws and its everyone elses fault but his...

He's a good defender and not much else. Surely we've seen enough of him in five years to realise it's time to move on. Not having a more capable hooker is holding the team back. This will be three seasons in a row now of missing the finals with him as our starting hooker.
Please Liccha has started the last 2 games this year oh by the way we won both games the only other game he started was the first game and the whole team played crap... if your going to have a go at him please check your facts ...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In saying that Okunbor averages over 150 per game to get sets going, tough carries to alleviate pressure off our forwards

Oh he also does what wingers have been recruited to do in last 100 years

Score tries!!!!

Meaney is a FB in progress nothing else
and a goal kicker, don't forget that!