Small European Villages - Would you live in one?

Small European Villages - Would you live in one?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you were given the opportunity, would you give up the buzzing and somewhat stressful lifestyle we enjoy here in Australia and move to a small village in Europe? Everything taken care of - finance, accommodation, and work. The only catch - you'll need to live there for at least a year so you can experience the village in a complete annual cycle.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
I would. I remember when I as in Luxembourg, I was amazed at how different the lifestyle was. It was a lot more laid back and somewhat peaceful. Put it this way, at 9:00pm at night, the main road was empty.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd make the choice to rush off to a small European village in a heartbeat if everything was arranged. A year isn't such a long time in life. But it's enough time to have some life changing experiences and alter the way you see the world.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish I was around 80 years ago in a European village.

I've heard so many stories of guys getting away with murder it makes me envious!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depends... could be a really nice quaint village, but everyone there might be a serial killer, rapist or pedo.

For such a change to work you'd have to be someone that finds peace in solitude, and enjoys the beauty of nature.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends... could be a really nice quaint village, but everyone there might be a serial killer, rapist or pedo.

For such a change to work you'd have to be someone that finds peace in solitude, and enjoys the beauty of nature.
One of my dads uncles was a strict Catholic. Everytime he got married he took the "till death do us part" quite literally!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mate that sounds like you to a tee, ain’t it?
Something like this would be more my thing:
https://www.domain.com.au/tallebudgera-valley-qld-4228-2014398213
https://www.domain.com.au/221e-cassidys-road-bonville-nsw-2450-2014594499
https://www.domain.com.au/3362-nerang-murwillumbah-road-natural-bridge-qld-4211-2012366078

Close to nature (with its own rainforest/walking tracks), in a nice place, that's outside of the hustle and bustle, but still close enough to a JB Hifi/etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Na no way, my grandparents lived in a small village in Italy and I got cursed because of it ffs.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would rather go for more Mediterranean beach lifestyle I think.

I've got myself Maltese Citizenship now (Only took 3 years), so sometime down the track never say never could find myself chilling back in the motherland continent.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Fukken oath i would, but somewhere away from my family. They always expect money ffs.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I couldn’t see a Bulldogs Pay coached team on tv each week. I need a weekly laugh.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Would rather go for more Mediterranean beach lifestyle I think.

I've got myself Maltese Citizenship now (Only took 3 years), so sometime down the track never say never could find myself chilling back in the motherland continent.
Wow you're Maltese? I never would've guessed it... I thought you were a kiwi for some reason.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow you're Maltese? I never would've guessed it... I thought you were a kiwi for some reason.
haha Yeah Maltese! Although did live in Auckland for a year or so right up to March this year.

Wahesh

Reaction score
haha Yeah Maltese! Although did live in Auckland for a year or so right up to March this year.
That's probably what it was lol.

How are things going for you in Melbourne now with the apartment that was coming up near your place?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's probably what it was lol.

How are things going for you in Melbourne now with the apartment that was coming up near your place?
Trying to ignore it thanks for reminding me! Lol

Nothing I could do in the end which shits me to no end.