Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook said he wants it sorting by a couple of weeks.....we are in danger of letting this balls up our season...we are 10 points clear..playing in Challenge Cup semi final in 11 days...and odds on to win GF....we dont want this derailing us....The Club needs it sorting asap one way or another...as soon as i hear i will post
Mate, I am now hearing Holbrook is done to the dogs for 3 years and not the 2 you mentioned.
I do not know if it is for 2020 or for 2021, they may pay him to sit on the sidelines for 2020 which is dumb.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I fucking hope
Your right and he signed with us. I’m also excited to see some English talent again for us. Raiders done damn well from it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
has to be for 2020, pay would be on peanuts for a 1st grade coach anyway so easy to sort that out
He would be for sure. I know Seibold was on roughly 350k last year at Souths so you'd think Pay would be on no more than 300k.

Also there have been rumours of stipulations in the extra year added to his contract so hopefully they won't have to pay the full amount.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Your stats and arguments are skewed by including two players yet to debut in Roumanos and Kalache who are yet to play this year, while excluding our 4 most experienced forwards Tolman, Jackson, Liccha and Napa.
I enjoy reading the majority of your posts and your positive attitude but if you're going to use stats in your argument at least make them legitimate.
Go Dogs
Excuse me, I was simply replying to this post that included them ...........
Our forward pack near equal to every other roster.
KALACHE
ROUMANOUS
The more important point was that we only have 2 forwards 28 or over.

Go Dogs

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Excuse me, I was simply replying to this post that included them ...........

The more important point was that we only have 2 forwards 28 or over.

Go Dogs
You go to the trouble of looking up ages and games played, do the math on averages, get some pretty graphs from nrl.com but accidentally leave out the players which would have made your response less stat worthy.
Nice to see you've back tracked somewhat though, lets put it down to age shall we, then agree to disagree?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe use a better example than that low life's fluke against the mighty Redvee....lol
Lol flukey alright *grinning*...let 'em have one, don't be greedy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You go to the trouble of looking up ages and games played, do the math on averages, get some pretty graphs from nrl.com but accidentally leave out the players which would have made your response less stat worthy.
Nice to see you've back tracked somewhat though, lets put it down to age shall we, then agree to disagree?
As usual TwinFwit twists fans posts on here. I'm fcking sick of the dill dominating this fan forum.

I clearly indicated our usual forward pack first. Then the duds. Then the players available but we all know, yet to play fg.

I then clearly intimated that "young and inexperienced" did not apply as an excuse to our pack that goes out there and plays for us. As anyone can see our forward roster does not fit into the "young and inexperienced" criteria...except for the 2 guys who havent even debuted so not assessed.

I then said "by comparison to the other NRL sides" because they have their fair share of inexperienced and young players coming through or needing to play due to injuries as well...every team does. Their coaches are blaming being young though for losing.

I then said our forward pack is as experienced and is comparable to at least 8 teams above us on the ladder.
I stand by that. Our forward squad is not of second last quality.

So you then need to start looking at why we can't establish any authority through the middle. That normally involves analysing the coach's selections and tactics and ability to communicate that to the team. It's why you have a coach.

But here, with some of our supporters, and one know-all know-nothing, in particular, continually excusing the coach and say the players are sow's ears or similar and blame the players...that's total bull$hit.

Twinfwit you are a complete smartarse prick and almost everyone is sick to death of you jumping on your high horse especially twisting what fans post on here.

What gives you the right to continuallly correct fans opinions and stir up the page just for the fun of it.

You suggested I ignore you which I have. Now I demand you just ignore my posts cos I'm friggin as mad as hell with you misrepresenting whats said.

Bugger off.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, I am now hearing Holbrook is done to the dogs for 3 years and not the 2 you mentioned.
I do not know if it is for 2020 or for 2021, they may pay him to sit on the sidelines for 2020 which is dumb.
In what world do you pay someone for sitting out a whole season?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just signed up over on RedVee
The fake Mr Invisible, is causing shit over there.

I could tell it wasn't you, as the fake one uses words you don't use. And the way they write is different.

Maybe, being a former mod on another forum, you learn these things.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going to merge this and the Thompson thread into a Holbrook megathread since 90% of the posts are about Holbrook.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Holbrook left the club on good or bad terms? That might weigh in on his decision heavily.

Things just got interesting. But a few things don't add up in this puzzle.
1. Namely why would Wayne Bennett return to Qld and/or Origin? He's doing the UK and Souths coaching gigs and happy there!
2. Why would Walters wait till end of season to make a decision?
3. So Green > SOO, Walters > Titans, that would leave Cowboys after a new coach (smart move if they want to shift Henry without sacking him).

Musical chairs but not a mention of Holbrook in all that.

WWOS Mole / Grain of Salt
Cowboys coach Paul Green has been given permission to take the reins of Queensland in State of Origin - if Kevin Walters grabs the vacant Titans job.
Walters has temporarily ruled himself out of the running to replace Garth Brennan but remains the Titans’ No.1 choice and may change his decision at season’s end.
After back-to-back series losses, the prospect of a third defeat next year may persuade Walters to stand down from the Origin arena. That would leave Green and the veteran Wayne Bennett to fight it out for the job.
Wide World of Sports has learned that Cowboys officials have told Green they are willing to allow him to take on the Origin job, realising it would be a good move for the coach and a prestigious appointment for their club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The fake Mr Invisible, is causing shit over there. I could tell it wasn't you, as the fake one uses words you don't use. And the way they write is different.
Maybe, being a former mod on another forum, you learn these things.
It's funny how you pick up on certain things like that, because people write how they speak.

I already introduced myself to the mods/admins over there last night and told them don't be afraid to ban the troll. If he causes them too much of a headache I'll get them to provide me an IP address log for the user, and match them up on here.

Clearly it's a member here playing silly buggers... and in all honesty that annoys me (people going to other teams forums and shitting all over the place). Be respectful and courteous and it goes a lot further.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't an accident and I didn't leave out any players, the list was simply of young players with limited NRL experience, it was not supposed to be a list of every one of our players. The NRL graphs served that purpose, that's why I included them.

Go Dogs

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a list of our top 30 signed or re-signed by Pay???

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a list of our top 30 signed or re-signed by Pay???
I can recall a few;
DWZ
Stimson (for 2020)
CHN
Napa
Meaney
Okunbor
Roumanos
Sue
Ogden
CSmith
Plus the Development players.