What I read from "so called fans" is appalling!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could anyone accuse the die-hard fans of being unrealistic and impatient ?
Remember THE ROYAL FAMILY were pushing for Prince Ben Anderson to take over as a coach, a situation that caused a lot of anxiety and almost sent Pay CRAZY...So To calm thing down, they extended Pay's contract by 1 Year !!!
I totally agree, the cap situation isn't Pays fault but selecting the wrong team is !
I repeat what I said before Pay was signed...Who ever is signed as a rookie, Pay or Dymock would need a mentor like Michael Hagan !
To you fellow Kenneler Mike. Z a friendly advise ....you should post your concern to the management of our club.
One thing for sure...When we have had greater defections in years gone by we still managed to preform admirably !!!
If true, that's phucked up....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
PAY IN

I will back the coach. Club needs to honor his contract, not once has Pay complained about the mess we are in.

Sacking is just going to put us even further behind in a rebuilding phase. They need to have a successor lined up when Pay's contract expires.
Pay has built fuck all, it would be a totally different matter if he had actually developed our up and comers or drilled in core structures but he fucking hasn't. Garbage coach and never should've been handed the job, the sooner he's gone the better.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nuh uh.... :p

He was good for us last year and showed the sort of form he’s capable of again on the weekend.

Some of you have short memories and are so set in your views you refuse to see what’s in front of you.

Quick play the balls and pace make ANY player’s job easier.
There's no short memories.

I remember his debut, I was there, he dropped the ball several times

Then he had a good game vs raiders, after that very quickly, early on you could see he was just not good enough.

And quite simply he has not progressed at all. He's still the same bumbling Adam idiot.

Gives away stupid penalties, I can forgive the odd one but it seems to be the most idiotic penalties that he gives away e.g. last season first time we played south's. From memory after a tackle he backed into the player playing the ball and have a penalty right in front of the posts. This was just after he had come on

He drops the ball repeatedly

He misses tackles or has ineffective tackles

He gets monstered by the defence when hitting it up.

He's a nuff nuff.

I conclude by saying I'm right!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's start with this, we have a full compliment of gear sponsors, whilst many NRL teams do not. We had little trouble attracting them and maybe one of them will step up to front of jersey. Writing it off with 8 months to go till next season is simply a poor attempt at desperately looking for a negative.

Many would consider DWZ a marquee signing, or close to it especially after the last couple of games, and again there is 8 months to go till next season and 32 months until the salary cap relief is complete. Going off a bit premature perhaps.

Lastly, how about some examples of "excuses" compared to genuine "reasons"?

Go Dogs
Lets hope a current sponsor steps up,same $$ as kia.
Dwz, is a free agent come Nov 1 this year, so no real confirmed long term marquee to build a team around.
"Leadership" as Greenberg put it whilst at the dogs, to the media and the members ( when Kevin Moore was under the pump as coach) was about "working together"
He quickly worked out that leadership was also about " making the tough decisions".

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There's no short memories.

I remember his debut, I was there, he dropped the ball several times

Then he had a good game vs raiders, after that very quickly, early on you could see he was just not good enough.

And quite simply he has not progressed at all. He's still the same bumbling Adam idiot.

Gives away stupid penalties, I can forgive the odd one but it seems to be the most idiotic penalties that he gives away e.g. last season first time we played south's. From memory after a tackle he backed into the player playing the ball and have a penalty right in front of the posts. This was just after he had come on

He drops the ball repeatedly

He misses tackles or has ineffective tackles

He gets monstered by the defence when hitting it up.

He's a nuff nuff.

I conclude by saying I'm right!
I can see why people bag him after a poor showing, but after a damn good game? That’s just harsh, bro.

I conclude by saying ‘fraid not.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nuh uh.... :p

He was good for us last year and showed the sort of form he’s capable of again on the weekend.

Some of you have short memories and are so set in your views you refuse to see what’s in front of you.

Quick play the balls and pace make ANY player’s job easier.
Elliot is shit, has heart i will give him that but the kid wouldnt even make the storms 5th grade side he is that shit.
Can't offload
Cant bend the line
Has no vision
Gets smashed all the time
But has heart.

Based on that, all my cousins from Lakemba Belmore Greenacre punchbowl should be playing FG too..

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think Dean Pay is a first grade coach,however it shows the simple mentality of our fans.

Th same fans who wanted Cleeland and Woodford in first grade. Where are they now?

Dean Pay is average but our 30 man squad is the worst in the NRL by far. If he finishes 15th he has done well

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone who has favourites like Adam Idiot or Chris Smith and chooses them over players like CHN, Rhys Martin, Renouf To'omaga, Ofa Ogden, is not a coach we need.
Rhys Martin a star that no other NRL clubs had any interest in.