TV Cancellations & Renewals

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Simspsons - renewed for seasons 31 and 32 (no one saw this coming, it was expected to get canned after 30 seasons)

Mom - renewed for seasons 7 and 8

Modern Family - renewed AND cancelled - will be getting another season (11) and this will be the final season of the show

The Good Doctor - renewed for season 3

The Walking Dead - renewed for season 10

New Amsterdam - renewed for season 2

All renewed - "Charmed," "Legacies," "Black Lightning," "Dynasty," "Riverdale," "Arrow," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl," and "Supernatural"

Fuller House - renewed AND cancelled for a 5th and final season on NetFlix

Suits - renewed for 9th AND final season

Criminal Minds - renewed AND cancelled for season 15

Elementary - cancelled

Daredevil - cancelled

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - renewed for season 6

The Good Cop - cancelled

Luke Cage - cancelled

Ballers - renewed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm amazed The Good Place keeps getting renewed (now for Season 4). Started off as an interesting premise (just finished watching S1), but now it's kinda dull and stupid. With ratings nosediving badly I can't see it lasting past Season 4.

What's "Renewed and Cancelled " mean? Supernatural was meant to be ending after Season 15 I thought?

There needs to be a website that is up to date with all these things. There are some which get close, but there are so many networks and channels its hard to keep up.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What's "Renewed and Cancelled " mean? Supernatural was meant to be ending after Season 15 I thought?
Renewed and Cancelled means that the show has been cancelled, however the network has renewed it for an extra season so they can end it properly rather than without warning. This is actually the best way for shows to end so the directors can end it properly rather than have it end with a cliffhanger that we'll never get to see the proper conclusion to (will always remind me of how Taxi Brooklyn ended) :rage::rage::rage:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Renewed and Cancelled means that the show has been cancelled, however the network has renewed it for an extra season so they can end it properly rather than without warning. This is actually the best way for shows to end so the directors can end it properly rather than have it end with a cliffhanger that we'll never get to see the proper conclusion to (will always remind me of how Taxi Brooklyn ended) :rage::rage::rage:
I stupidly watched colony recently, ran out of shit to watch on netflix & noticed it was on there, i didn't bother reading up about it and just watched it. They only have 2 seasons of it(not a netflix production), so i looked it up on google to find out when season 3 is coming out, turns out it already has, than got cancelled without an ending ... yipee that was a good waste of time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I stupidly watched colony recently, ran out of shit to watch on netflix & noticed it was on there, i didn't bother reading up about it and just watched it. They only have 2 seasons of it(not a netflix production), so i looked it up on google to find out when season 3 is coming out, turns out it already has, than got cancelled without an ending ... yipee that was a good waste of time.
Yep. That's the worst. Out of that list there, Criminal Minds is my favorite (I've been watching it for 10 years now) and I always thought it was going to end with every upcoming season given how dark and graphic it is. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but glad it will be getting a proper ending.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm amazed The Good Place keeps getting renewed (now for Season 4). Started off as an interesting premise (just finished watching S1), but now it's kinda dull and stupid. With ratings nosediving badly I can't see it lasting past Season 4.

There needs to be a website that is up to date with all these things. There are some which get close, but there are so many networks and channels its hard to keep up.
i have no idea whats up with supernatural anymore, stopped watching when that female men of letters arrived. is it worth picking up from that point ? i just miss this simplicity they had in seasons 1-4... finding dads killer and helping sam deal with the devil.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Season 10 was meant to be the final season of Supernatural but it kept getting renewed because the fans threatened to boycott the network.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the same thing. It annoyed me 'cause season 2 started getting really good. But it's one of those shows thats completely pointless without a resolution

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i have no idea whats up with supernatural anymore, stopped watching when that female men of letters arrived. is it worth picking up from that point ? i just miss this simplicity they had in seasons 1-4... finding dads killer and helping sam deal with the devil.
It's hit a miss. I'm still enjoying it but it's been running in circles for a while. After they defeated the Devil you expected it to end, but instead they met God and fought the ultimate evil, and then they kept going after that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still like back on Season 8 or 9 or something. The season after they defeated the Leviathans.

It's a good show and I enjoy it because of the banter between the brothers, and also how well they match the music to the show. Plus the car is stunning, and Bobby Singer really adds to the show.

But they risk ruining it if they don't close off soon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hardly surprising ... US networks are ruthless and when you drop over 50% of your ratings in a season, your show is on life support.

Syfy tried to make a move away from reality shows like Face Off (which had huge ratings) into sci-fi drama, and it's not working it for them.

Channel Zero goes as well.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hardly surprising ... US networks are ruthless and when you drop over 50% of your ratings in a season, your show is on life support.

Syfy tried to make a move away from reality shows like Face Off (which had huge ratings) into sci-fi drama, and it's not working it for them.

Channel Zero goes as well.
Syfy are horrid. I hope Netflix can pick this up and continue, but I doubt they will.

Reaction score
Yep. That's the worst. Out of that list there, Criminal Minds is my favorite (I've been watching it for 10 years now) and I always thought it was going to end with every upcoming season given how dark and graphic it is. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but glad it will be getting a proper ending.
have you seen the series on netflix called manhunt. has sam worthington in it and it's the same fbi unit as criminal minds. pretty decent show worth a watch, it's about the bau catching the unabomber

Wahesh

Reaction score
have you seen the series on netflix called manhunt. has sam worthington in it and it's the same fbi unit as criminal minds. pretty decent show worth a watch, it's about the bau catching the unabomber
Wow I haven't actually heard of that. I'll definitely give it a look. I notice the 2 Criminal Minds spin-offs failed (Suspect Behavior and Beyond Borders) - I'm surprised I didn't hear about this one. Question... season 1 is 8 episodes, and season 2 doesn't come out until next year. Is it worth the wait?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Absolutely @Wahesh !! So naturally, your mentions of Suspect Behavior and Beyond Borders are of high interest value.
>Merci, my friend!
Good to know my friend. I’d like to know your feedback on Manhunt when you see it (I’m still on season 2 of Happy) lol.