Next week team

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The "massive hole" was created by the defence being unsure, in 2 minds, as a group to what Wakelham was going to do. So some hung back, held the line and some rushed up, Wakeham played heads up football ad created a try that should never have been on.

I'm probably one of the few on here who believe that Lichaa has it in his game to be a better than average NRL hooker, BUT he doesn't do it consistently enough. I have seen him play very well many many times, both for us and for the Sharks, in U20's SOO, CC and NRL games. BUT (there's that word again) he has produced many many games at far less than CC standard let, alone NRL level. I don't see it as being an ability question, that is there, BUT (yet again) he doesn't display it anywhere near often enough. Sure, every player has a quiet game every now and then BUT Lichaa has far and away way too many quiet games, in sequence, one after the other. It's not like he is always carrying an injury, or is unfit, he always looks pretty fit to me. Which leaves me with only have one reasoning left, he simply doesn't want it bad enough, he is wasting his natural talents by his attitude, dedication, the will to keep on improving, to be the best. It's head space, not physical inability.

The problem I see with Lichaa in our team is the shear number of BUT's that make him untrustworthy as a long term player.

Go Dogs
If we don't/can't sign Turpin I think we're better of keeping Lichaa for 1 more season (if that's even possible) then the other options available. Even if that's back up to JMK.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Holland
3. Hoppa
4. Montoya
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Napa
9. Lichaa
10. Ogden
11. Jackson
12. Chn
13. Rfm

14. Jmk, 15. Toomaga 16. Smith 17. Okinbur
We don't need Lewis.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He almost screwed up that Montoya break in the second half. Where the fuck was he cutting into the field to? Was he expecting Montoya to throw a 20m inside pass to him or what lol he literally went from the sideline the middle of the field llol clearly playing out of position
I saw it more that Montoya went out wide and meaney reacted by coming in field.

Montoya should have gone in field and lured the defenders to pass it off to meaney

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Montoya should have gone in field and lured the defenders to pass it off to meaney
I was calling for him to pass to Meaney earlier, would've liked to see him in open field.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The defence was coming from infield.
What surprised me was Meaney's drop off in pace over the 80 metres, I though he was supposed to be a flyer.

Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The "massive hole" was created by the defence being unsure, in 2 minds, as a group to what Wakelham was going to do. So some hung back, held the line and some rushed up, Wakeham played heads up football ad created a try that should never have been on.

I'm probably one of the few on here who believe that Lichaa has it in his game to be a better than average NRL hooker, BUT he doesn't do it consistently enough. I have seen him play very well many many times, both for us and for the Sharks, in U20's SOO, CC and NRL games. BUT (there's that word again) he has produced many many games at far less than CC standard let, alone NRL level. I don't see it as being an ability question, that is there, BUT (yet again) he doesn't display it anywhere near often enough. Sure, every player has a quiet game every now and then BUT Lichaa has far and away way too many quiet games, in sequence, one after the other. It's not like he is always carrying an injury, or is unfit, he always looks pretty fit to me. Which leaves me with only have one reasoning left, he simply doesn't want it bad enough, he is wasting his natural talents by his attitude, dedication, the will to keep on improving, to be the best. It's head space, not physical inability.

The problem I see with Lichaa in our team is the shear number of BUT's that make him untrustworthy as a long term player.

Go Dogs
Mate you can say whatever you like but a flegg player would have put CHN in for that try. Wakeham hasn't done shit yet. I guess we agree not to agree lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman is not playing this week, he is being rested as he recovers from rib cartilage damage. As anyone who has experienced that will tell you it's horribly painful, can't breath fully, laughing just makes you cry and whatever you do don't sneeze.

Go Dogs

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be good to see Kalache get a run and hopefully hear him and Lichaa say "Ayri this shamoota" via the refs mic.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/07/15/mpa-injury-report-round-18/

Lachlan Lewis will play in reserve grade next week. Still sounds like the moment he is ready, they will put him back in the team (from the way Ayoub said it)
Keiran Foran given every chance to play this week.

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. R.Smith
6. Foran/Cogger
7. Wakeham/Cogger
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson
14. Fualalo
15. Kalache
16. Elliot
17. Toomonga

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Chris Smith, Michael Licha Adam Elliot are the reason we concede 1,000,000 metres a game
really like we were rock solid in Defence when JMK was in hooker ... wake up and call the state of play on its merits ... JMK better attack but Lichaa gives you more stability in the middle

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/07/15/mpa-injury-report-round-18/

Lachlan Lewis will play in reserve grade next week. Still sounds like the moment he is ready, they will put him back in the team (from the way Ayoub said it)
Keiran Foran given every chance to play this week.

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. R.Smith
6. Foran/Cogger
7. Wakeham/Cogger
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson
14. Fualalo
15. Kalache
16. Elliot
17. Toomonga
Lewis might as well find a new club as he is behind Cogger, Foran and now Wakeham

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kalache bench, Ofa and Renouf starting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Brought to you by Miramax)

2. Nick Meaney (Brought to you by Alexander Michael Advisory)

3. Marcelo Montoya (Brought to you by M&J Chickens)

4. Will Hopoate (Brought to you by Reliable Food Distributors)

5. Reimis Smith (Brought to you by CPE)

6. Brandon Wakeham (Brought to you by Greenacre Dental)

7. Jack Cogger (Brought to you by Hy-Tec Concrete)

8. Ofahiki Ogden (Brought to you by Signadvice)

9. Michael Lichaa (Brought to you by Ultimate Security Australia)

10. Dylan Napa (Brought to you by Sydney Freezers)

11. Josh Jackson (Brought to you by Dental on Evaline)

12. Corey Harawira-Naera (Brought to you by Guardian Venue Management)

13. Adam Elliott (Brought to you by McDonalds Punchbowl)

14. Jeremy Marshall-King (Brought to you by BSC)

15. Renouf To'omaga (Brought to you by KIA Motors)

16. Danny Fualalo (Brought to you by Waterview)

17. Chris Smith (Brought to you by Gatorade)

19. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

20. Fa'amanu Brown

21. Kerrod Holland

23. Kayne Kalache

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ogden must be one of the most confused players in the NRL

Not good enough for 17 last week

Starting this week

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Starting this week
Yh it absolutely blows my mind hahaha

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Starting this week
Why the hell would he be confused, he's a prop, Tolman is injured and he's a prop, Sue replaced Tolamn last week he is injured, as a result Ogden is promoted to replace Tolman.
In simple terms, Ogden was the #4 prop last week and he's still the #4 prop this week, just that the #2 is injured and so is his replacement so Ogden gets promoted to #2. Too easy.

Go Dogs