TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Please help me out, i'd love to know how makes any sort of sense or argument.
No problem, I'm here to help.
Your suggestion was to hold the cash for a better option (to replace Klemmer).
But a better option never happened.
So we would have had unused cap space, which is bad enough in itself but it's also in excess of the NRL allowed 5%, which means we would have been in breach.
Your suggestion would have been a bad strategy (as I have pointed out a few times).

I get it, you are a 2 in the bush thinker, but sometimes a bird in the hand is the better strategy (I'm sure you can make a useful innuendo out of that).

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No problem, I'm here to help.
Your suggestion was to hold the cash for a better option (to replace Klemmer).
But a better option never happened.
So we would have had unused cap space, which is bad enough in itself but it's also in excess of the NRL allowed 5%, which means we would have been in breach.
Your suggestion would have been a bad strategy (as I have pointed out a few times).

I get it, you are a 2 in the bush thinker, but sometimes a bird in the hand is the better strategy (I'm sure you can make a useful innuendo out of that).

Go Dogs
Terrible argument. Who's to say no one was available? It's possible if we had more cash available a manger may have pushed harder for a certain player to get a release.

Unused cap space? Lol what? Did you forget that clubs can front load contracts? We do that and keep the cash for potential recruits in the coming season...not like the Napa signing was urgent and made a positive impact on our squad.

So no I don't believe my strategy is bad like you believe, other clubs have utilised if well in the past..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is his talk out back, the defense over the past two weeks shows this.. He is an awesome buy at fullback, and the way he runs the ball back, he will make breaks like the best fullbacks in the comp.. He is not new to fullback so opposition coaches know this.. That’s why he is also the NZ captain..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy with him. He isn’t a super star but fuck it’s good to have someone who busts his ass every week and gives it it all but also has talent
Mate he is a superstar.. if you don’t see that then you don’t know footy

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrible argument. Who's to say no one was available? It's possible if we had more cash available a manger may have pushed harder for a certain player to get a release.
Unused cap space? Lol what? Did you forget that clubs can front load contracts? We do that and keep the cash for potential recruits in the coming season...not like the Napa signing was urgent and made a positive impact on our squad.
So no I don't believe my strategy is bad like you believe, other clubs have utilised if well in the past..
Since you can't name a better alternative then plainly it would have been bad strategy.
FWIW I don't agree with your assessment of Napa's impact on our team, but that's a subject for another thread.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate he is a superstar.. if you don’t see that then you don’t know footy
Lol. His ball playing is basically non existent, if he gets that sorted then maybe he will earn that title.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Since you can't name a better alternative then plainly it would have been bad strategy.
FWIW I don't agree with your assessment of Napa's impact on our team, but that's a subject for another thread.

Go Dogs
You want an alternative? I don't know who is potentially disgruntled at their current club or is looking to get a release for whatever reason, but if I had to name someone then I will name Welch who we know is currently off contract.

Even without naming someone that hardly makes it a bad strategy, with our without Napa we're still in the same situation we're in now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You want an alternative? I don't know who is potentially disgruntled at their current club or is looking to get a release for whatever reason, but if I had to name someone then I will name Welch who we know is currently off contract.
For 2019?

Even without naming someone that hardly makes it a bad strategy, with our without Napa we're still in the same situation we're in now.
I don't agree, with Toleman injured early in the game we would not have won last weeks game without Napa.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For 2019?

I don't agree, with Toleman injured early in the game we would not have won last weeks game without Napa.

Go Dogs
2019, 2020..it doesn't matter. We have the worst for and against by a long way and only just strung back to back wins for the first time all season now...waiting another year for a better recruit in the same or different position instead of panicking a signing Napa would be a more ideal outcome imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again DWZ made the rest of our outside backs look better with the space he creates. Dallin using the ball and linking up with Reimis and Hoppa on returns has made the team more dangerous. Yet still we stink.. Still, his passing game has been more of a feature the last few weeks and it's been impressive. And his running game has been immense... He looks a class above most of the rest of the team and is often let down by his teammates....

He had some poor efforts in cover defence last night but at the one positive is that he'll have more practice at those the rest of the season with plenty of losses to come...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dwz has heart and has a go, hes more committed to playing the 80 minutes then most on the field, we need players supporting his runs he cant do it all by himself

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speed an power and can break a line or two. Has been the best find this year, along with wakeham now..!!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Hyperbole or not, sign DWZ for life. This kids is here to stay and wants to stay. I think we’ve found our superstar fullback.