Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really understood why pay was even considered.

Yes bulldogs DNA etc.. but fuck, who cares.

Pay is an idiot, and anyone whose done an apprenticeship under sticky should be sent back for a brain lobotomy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To those supporting Pay:

What part of "we are currently having our 4th worst season on record, and worst since about 1964, do you not understand".

Even If we win all games, we still cannot go any higher than 30% of club performances.

That's a complete and utter failure, and we have had worse lineups and situations than now.

So stop buying into the excuses the board of lies is spinning. Pay has to go.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On 100% Footy last night , Gus said Brennan knew he was gone 6 weeks ago. Plenty of time for the Titans to negotiate a deal.
If that was the case they wouldn't have waited so long to sack him, and they'd already have a new coach.

Season could still be saved 6 weeks ago.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have your views mate though that’s all they are.

You can go through the same logic of that for almost a game a round for any team. If the titans had of won another game and eels etc we might of got Spoon.

Im not entering this rubbish I’m stating why certain teams can turn up flat against a team they are expected to walk through. It happens in boxing all the time, usually the class can overcome it but if you take your op for granted as an expected it can backfire.

Again that’s last year.

Right now we beat two teams that where missing arguably their best players and we act like it’s amazing because we have barely had two wins all year. We are still 15th!!! Where 16th dead last. Still might finish there. It’s not improvement and it’s terrible football. The team we beat 2 weeks ago for Fifita back and they lost by 40 this weekend.... enough said.
Added to this we lost 2 games against manly and Canberra reserve grade teams which is right at the point where Pay lost most people.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Take it with the smallest grain of salt, but a new poster on RedVee is claiming the entire board and Hill bar "the big two" want Holbrook over in 2020, yet "the big two" want Pay to be given more time.

According to the poster "the big two" will get their way... and everyone would know who they are.

In all honesty this could be correct...and wouldn't surprise me.

Though Tweedledee and Tweedledum should be more concerned about their failing business outside of the Bulldogs at the moment, and I doubt are in the right mindset to be involved in making key decisions about or clubs future success.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it with the smallest grain of salt, but a new poster on RedVee is claiming the entire board and Hill bar "the big two" want Holbrook over in 2020, yet "the big two" want Pay to be given more time.

According to the poster "the big two" will get their way... and everyone would know who they are.

Though Tweedledee and Tweedledum should be more concerned about their failing business outside of the Bulldogs at the moment, and I doubt are in the right mindset to be involved in making key decisions about or clubs future success.
Dear oh dear, i just looked this up, wait until the press get a hold of this....this is really bad mate

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have signed Holbrook it has given me some Faith in our board.

It shows they know last and second last isn’t acceptable. Which is clear as day to anyone with a brain.
What about third last?

GirthGorilla

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think I have heard a dumber suggestion then having Pay work with Holbrook in any capacity.

There's no upside to them working together and plenty of negatives.
If, hypothetically he stayed as some capacity under Holbrook it will expose his level of self respect n incompetancy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They aren't mutually exclusive conditions, Pay can be given more time AND Holbrook can still start in 2020. At the extreme, Pay could be given until season end, then terminated in September and Holbrook starts in October ready for the 2020 pre season. Which also fits in with the November contract negotiations free up. The SuperLeague regular season starts in January and ends in September as they play 29 rounds (NRL pusseys complain about 24 rounds). My view is there's not much chance of a mid season move as I don't see Holbrook deserting StHelens mid title defence and missing out on going back to back.

There goes my grain of salt.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What part of "we are currently having our 4th worst season on record, and worst since about 1964, do you not understand".
It's currently better than last season, so we are on an upward trajectory.

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They aren't mutually exclusive conditions, Pay can be given more time AND Holbrook can still start in 2020. At the extreme, Pay could be given until season end, then terminated in September and Holbrook starts in October ready for the 2020 pre season. Which also fits in with the November contract negotiations free up. The SuperLeague regular season starts in January and ends in September as they play 29 rounds (NRL pusseys complain about 24 rounds). My view is there's not much chance of a mid season move as I don't see Holbrook deserting StHelens mid title defence and missing out on going back to back.

There goes my grain of salt.

Go Dogs
If they carnt get the recruiting right outside of the bulldogs what makes you think they will get it right within the bulldogs?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can’t help but feel you are either delusional or just completely accept rubbish instead of genuinely wanting to compete

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

If that’s the case surely the entire board minus two people win the vote, and those 2 should see themselves removed from the board by 2020

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Winning games doesn't change the fact that Pay isn't the right coach for next year or beyond. And Holbrook is clearly a better replacement.

We played well and with a tonne of effort the last two weeks but Cronulla would have won if Johnson could kick a goal as they scored more tries and last week against Newcastle we had more calls go our way than in the previous two seasons combined. There was no way Gavet should have been binned which changed the game.

Full credit to the team for finally playing for a full 80 minutes for the past two weeks, but that doesn't change how much the team has struggled for the past season and a half under Pay.
On what basis is Holbrook a better coach than Pay to coach an NRL team?

If you said Toovey, Griffin, Henry are better coaches than Pay, than i would agree 100% with you.

Pay was unproven and to date, is a poor coach.

Brennan, Barrett are also poor coaches.

Do we need another unproven rookie as a coach or an experienced NRL coach?

Dont get the loads being blown over a coach who still has not coached a 1st grade NRL team. It's the same loads which were been blown about Pay before he started

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s the case surely the entire board minus two people win the vote, and those 2 should see themselves removed from the board by 2020
Based on what is happening outside of the club they should stand down immediately