Daily Telegraph/Rothfield KIA gone

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mazda?
Have to elaborate upon that one buddy.
Mazda cars are crap. They are basically made up of Korean products.
Apart frm rotors they got nothing. Bit like Mitsubishi and their Evo's.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bah, we will find another one, probably within a month.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I used to be a supervisor for Steggles parent company Baiada the Roosters will be taking full advantage of having a local based sponsor full of shonky operators that you can trust *wink wink*
My wife is best friends with the owners daughter of Baiada.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Driven a MX5?
Aware that traditionally Mazda has part shared with Ford?

As for new major sponsors, why not VAG?
Volkswagen Auto Group incorporates VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Man and Scania.
Oh they are nice cars to drive, when u first buy them and MX5's with their twin cam engines are fun cars, just wouldn't buy one over a Toyota or a Subaru as an all round Japanese vehicle. I'm also pretty sure the new era of Mazda went from ford parts to mostly Korean made hence why I put them in the same category as Hyundai and Kia. Hyundai and Kia also used the same manufacturing and marketing structures as Mazda which brought the companies back from the brink.

Nothing wrong with the VAG.

Would be nice to see Pay driving around Belmore in a Lambo hahaha!

Banned
Reaction score
Beauty of VAG as a main sponsor, is the brands under it can be utilised for TPA's, as they're not the main sponsor :grinning:
Scania can supply the team bus.
MAN supply any truck requirement.
Prospective staff/signings can be picked up in a Bentley!

If I was on the board, I'd be knocking on their door canvassing them, rather than waiting for someone to come to us!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In spite of them being a huge company, how did it benefit the club? It's not like we have marquee players and TPAs because of connection with KIA. And we don't all of a sudden have a huge fanbase in South Korea as a result...

It's a loss losing a sponsor but as long as someone else comes in and foots the bill, then it won't change too much.

The bigger concern is the lack of TPAs lined up by the club to top up offers to players which leaves us way behind when trying to compete with the big boys.
That’s one thing dib was good for

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
They probably will find one but as @BELMORE says it will probably be some local fly by night company like NTG in 2001.

Look at the position the club was in when KIA signed on we had been competing in September regularly, big crowds and massive ratings on primetime free to air.

We have lost much of that bargaining power.
That ntg guy used to own the house that " here come the habits " is filmed at. It got repossessed in 2011 I think. He bought it for 11mil and lost it.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think people realise how hard it is to get these sponsors! There are people here acting like we can just go out and choose who we want.

There's no way we get a replacement paying the same amount KIA were and who knows they could have a even worse logo then KIA on the jersey.
Nothing worse than Kia, except Jaycar the dirty pigeons