Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You have some valid points except for the one Where we are supposed to sfu because it might scare potential coaches away.

First of all , coaches and potential coaches dont care what we say online. And if a coach cares what we fans have to say then that is one coach we dont want.

Pay has NFI how to coach. No use arguing with you because you see it a different way. And that's fair enough .We see the world from 2 different angles

Anyways at end of the year this will all be mute when Pay is gone.
Surely it must be close to half of what some of the flogging journalist write about us they get from reading TK. Which then gets quoted elsewhere. For example when ToOmaga subbed on during the game a Foxsports commentator said something like “Bulldogs fans on social media have been demanding that this guy get a run for some time”. Then proceeded to quote things that appear on here all the time, “nice step at the line” etc. Shouldn’t underestimate how much we post on TK gets passed around, or overestimate it either.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely it must be close to half of what some of the flogging journalist write about us they get from reading TK. Which then gets quoted elsewhere. For example when ToOmaga subbed on during the game a Foxsports commentator said something like “Bulldogs fans on social media have been demanding that this guy get a run for some time”. Then proceeded to quote things that appear on here all the time, “nice step at the line” etc. Shouldn’t underestimate how much we post on TK gets passed around, or overestimate it either.

Go Dogs
I noticed that as well and had a chuckle. It's become the norm these days for lazy Journos to troll our pages and come up with their stories.

Which in saying that, it makes me wonder if you actually work for the Dogs to come on here and post all these postive pro Bulldogs messages and back Pay to the hilt. Sounds far fetched but in this day and age its a possibility.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I noticed that as well and had a chuckle. It's become the norm these days for lazy Journos to troll our pages and come up with their stories.
Which in saying that, it makes me wonder if you actually work for the Dogs to come on here and post all these postive pro Bulldogs messages and back Pay to the hilt. Sounds far fetched but in this day and age its a possibility.
It's a good idea, maybe I should update my CV and send it off to the Board, make some extra money.;)

Seriously, reading other posts I don't think that I'm the only one on TK that recognises the true effect of the current situation and respects the difficulties we face. Maybe we are all being paid to post.;);)

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone do yourself a favour (and us! ... for the love of God :grinning: and don't go there...
OH, I get PM's, I know that it's surprising but it does happen. Of course I respond appropriately, with full courtesy of course.

Go Dogs

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give them time

They had like nearly 10 players debut for us this year and they are starting to gel

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is a difference between being "pissed off" (which I believe we all are) with unrealistic expectations and being just as "pissed off" but also acknowledging the reality of the situation we are in. Basically in 2 years we have had to let go every one of our strike players to become Cap compliant. High cost, strike players had to be replaced with low cost, inexperienced youngsters. That was the price that simply had to be paid and there is a cost in that, the realists recognise that and accept that it is going to take time to recover.

Go Dogs
I think most of your posts are right on cue. The people who actually support Dean Pay are most likely in the majority. Its just that the noisy minority
are shouting louder. Good thing is, that no one is listening to them.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate have a look who we lost and who have added from last year .. there needs to be sometime to Gel .. i for one didnt like the selection of team at the start of the year but i think he has the best possible side available to him at the moment (Foran and i think Holland should be in the squad) and know how much you guys hate Liccha but he is a better option than JMK in my opinion and i think the team is looking better. we all never thought we would make the 8 but improve from last year and i think the morris boys left a massive hole in this side and still not quite fixed yet .. if they continue playing like they are in final rounds then credit has to go to Pay .

Banned
Reaction score
I think most of your posts are right on cue. The people who actually support Dean Pay are most likely in the majority. Its just that the noisy minority
I think most of your posts are right on cue. The people who don't support Dean Pay are most likely in the majority. Its just that the noisy minority

Banned
Reaction score
DP's detractors don't expect him to win the competition, yet do expect to see a competitive side.
A side that has improved since last year.
A side who's defence has improved, alongside their attack, their ability to maintain a game plan and play a full 80 minutes.
Anyone that's honest with themselves would find it very hard to admit any of above is the case currently, particularly when you look @ our F/A, which glaringly illustrates we're being raped out there on the field.
I don't know about you, yet I'm no masochist!
We can be better than we currently are, we can be competitive, yet the simple facts are beyond a few statistical anomalies, we're not!
So who do you blame? The board? The players? The coach? The support staff? The back office staff? The waterboy?
Whoever you level responsibility for our piss poor performance, it is an indication that not all is right in the club and we collectively need to swallow the bitter pill and admit something drastic needs to be done.
My view is a spring clean through the entire joint is needed.
Relegate the people in the club due to their family name into community orientated positions, employ people that are the best in their field to fill these newly vacant positions, clean out the deadwood and lets get back to where we rightfully should be, a fucking powerhouse within the NRL!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
DP's detractors don't expect him to win the competition, yet do expect to see a competitive side.
A side that has improved since last year.
A side who's defence has improved, alongside their attack, their ability to maintain a game plan and play a full 80 minutes.
Anyone that's honest with themselves would find it very hard to admit any of above is the case currently, particularly when you look @ our F/A, which glaringly illustrates we're being raped out there on the field.
I don't know about you, yet I'm no masochist!
We can be better than we currently are, we can be competitive, yet the simple facts are beyond a few statistical anomalies, we're not!
So who do you blame? The board? The players? The coach? The support staff? The back office staff? The waterboy?
Whoever you level responsibility for our piss poor performance, it is an indication that not all is right in the club and we collectively need to swallow the bitter pill and admit something drastic needs to be done.
My view is a spring clean through the entire joint is needed.
Relegate the people in the club due to their family name into community orientated positions, employ people that are the best in their field to fill these newly vacant positions, clean out the deadwood and lets get back to where we rightfully should be, a fucking powerhouse within the NRL!
We did the "spring clean" thing last year and we have to give time for the effects of that to be fully implemented. An NRL club is a large ship and it needs time to change course.

Go Dogs

Banned
Reaction score
We've had fifteen fucking years to change course!
How much longer is required?
Another decade, a score, perhaps a century or two?
I've seen faster moving glaciers!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We've had fifteen fucking years to change course!
How much longer is required?
Another decade, a score, perhaps a century or two?
I've seen faster moving glaciers!
So the only change of course measurement is to win the premiership, OK got it.

Go Dogs

Banned
Reaction score
This will be the first decade that most older supporters will not see a premiership.
Most younger supporters have not seen a premiership
I consider that a significant indicator!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This will be the first decade that most older supporters will not see a premiership.
Most younger supporters have not seen a premiership
I consider that a significant indicator!
I'm not old, but we didn't win a premiership in my first decade as a Berries/Bulldogs supporter.

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His try in the 1995 semi against St George was great, but it's time you moved on

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not old, but we didn't win a premiership in my first decade as a Berries/Bulldogs supporter.

Go Dogs
40 to 50 is getting on in age and definitely over the hill/past the statistical half way mark!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a statistical fact, something that @TwinTurbo is all for.
Right @TwinTurbo ? You love statistics don't you?
When it contributes to the discussion, data is invaluable, but I’m not sure what relevance that particular data set has to this thread. But always happy to learn something new, although that wasn’t exactly earth shatteringly new or meaningful.

Go Dogs