Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apart from 'coaching', Good coaches recruit well and attract big names, they recruit the right players & can build a premiership winning squad..

Apart from purely the 'coaching' the club must decide if Pay is capable of that..

I prefer to go with coaches that have the runs on the board and have done it before, and know what it takes..
LIKE HASLER... BUT EVERYONE WANTED HIM SACKED.
HE HAD EVERYTHING YOU WANTED IN A COACH.

FUCK HE WAS SHIT. GOT US TO 2 grand finals and only missed semi finals in his last season. And then he became shit..you all put pressure on the club back then and BANG HE was gone.

Now at manly he has got them to 5th at the moment. Last year they were at the bottom.

No coach would come now as many are saying THAT WOULD RUIN THAT COACHED REPUTATION.

So clearly you the conception is no coach can improve the current team. And new coach would only take over when the cap is fixed and can buy his players to come to the dogs.

Keeping that in mind THAT CLEARLY proves that it is not DEAN PAYS FAULT. It is just unfortunately a shit roster. With inexperienced players and a young team at the moment.
But again you want to blame Pay. Let him finish his job. Already recruited The NEW ZEALAND CAPTAIN on good dollars.

Slowly the ship is being built one step at a time. It takes years not week.

The foundation of the culture is being restored.

I trust pay and the board not SOME FANS that work at ALDI or a kebab store and just because you are a member think they know better.

Yes outwardly it appears not to be good but I TRUST the end result will be one that will make MOST not ALL eat there words.

Too much hyocratic comments and too much KEABOARD nerds.

I am also a fan and this is just my opinion.
You dont need to agree.
But I believe my opinion is the honest truth taking my emotions away.

But yeah I wish we winning more games. But I really do understand the situation.
I am proud of my team. I love the Bulldogs.
We will be back to be a powerhouse.

Needs time and patience to rebuild the house.

I am happy to wait. Not just get a new coach again. And then if they lose first 4 or 5 games. Sack that coach too?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Changing Pay will achieve little until a) the current squad get experience and improve due to that or b) we speed up the process and get in a few experienced players. I still think Pay is trying to win Bathurst in a Hyundai Excel currently. Our form change just by getting in DWZ is testament to that. I will call Pay shit if we don't win with a decent team

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

FUCK HE WAS SHIT. GOT US TO 2 grand finals and only missed semi finals in his last season. And then he became shit..you all put pressure on the club back then and BANG HE was gone.

Now at manly he has got them to 5th at the moment. Last year they were at the bottom.

No coach would come now as many are saying THAT WOULD RUIN THAT COACHED REPUTATION.

So clearly you the conception is no coach can improve the current team. And new coach would only take over when the cap is fixed and can buy his players to come to the dogs.

Keeping that in mind THAT CLEARLY proves that it is not DEAN PAYS FAULT. It is just unfortunately a shit roster. With inexperienced players and a young team at the moment.
But again you want to blame Pay. Let him finish his job. Already recruited The NEW ZEALAND CAPTAIN on good dollars.

I trust pay and the board not SOME FANS that work at ALDI or a kebab store and just because you are a member think they know better.

Yes outwardly it appears not to be good but I TRUST the end result will be one that will make MOST not ALL eat there words.

You dont need to agree.

But yeah I wish we winning more games. But I really do understand the situation.

I am happy to wait. Not just get a new coach again. And then if they lose first 4 or 5 games. Sack that coach too?
You still haven’t pointed out how pay will bring the best out of this team, all you do is keep making excuses, he’s shown his credentials, fuck all, no improvement in any area

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Changing Pay will achieve little until a) the current squad get experience and improve due to that or b) we speed up the process and get in a few experienced players. I still think Pay is trying to win Bathurst in a Hyundai Excel currently. Our form change just by getting in DWZ is testament to that. I will call Pay shit if we don't win with a decent team
But we have decent talent with youth and experience and no ones improved so what makes you think he’s gonna do anything with anyone else lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You dont need to agree.

Dont defend Hasler on here.. you are on a hiding to nothing from many Kennelers..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Message to the pitchfork brigade- you can’t make orange juice out of onions.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

You dont need to agree.

Hasler had to go.... yes, he got us to two grand finals, but he outlasted his usefulness and fucked our roster for years with his amateur cap management and loopy recruitment strategies.

I’m not sure Pay is the answer either, but he absolutely deserves a bit longer to show what he can do after inheriting such a mess.

Last edited:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You dont need to agree.

Can you explain to us why the Titans sacked their coach?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can you explain to us why the Titans sacked their coach?
Brennan deserved better too! Coaching is a thankless task and he should have been more respected. He should have been allowed longer to try and fix the mess that's always been Gold Coast. No one else wanted the job. The players were lazy and average.

Arrgh lets see... anything else used as excuses on here? Nah that's it...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
These sympathisers need to watch a post match interview of pay when we lose....tells you everything you need to know.
"Yeah Crawls, we're a young team.. you know we're just building something.."

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But we have decent talent with youth and experience and no ones improved so what makes you think he’s gonna do anything with anyone else lol
I just don't accept or agree with the "no ones improved" BS. I've given so many examples so many times supporting my opinion, maybe I should just put the posts on repeat and re run them every day;

We also need to be aware that many players form has demonstrably improved. You didn't give any examples to substantiate your claim, but I have previously and will continue to;
Meaney, used to be very suspect under kicks, has dropped one this year and that really wasn't his fault. In all of his game is now virtually error free, something that many Newcastle supports thought impossible.
Cogger, big improvement on his playing since he arrived, many at Newcastle were happy to see him leave.
Foran, playing better than he has for the last 3 years due to the amazing fitness and recovery work of the whole staff, working under the head coach.
JMK, learning the hooker's trade and improving every game, still only 23, people forget that Cook didn't really stand out as hooker until his mid 20's.
Ogden, played his first ever NRL game under Pay and has improved to the point where he's demanding his spot every game. He is also only 23 which is young for a prop developing.
RFM, played early NRL games under Pay and has improved to the point where he's in the mix for a spot every game.
To'Omaga, also played his early NRL games under Pay and has improved to the point where he is knocking on the door for a regular NRL spot. He is also only 23.
Sue, I actually was very sceptical of his signing, thought he was barely CC quality, but he has stepped up a level and for his size now hits hard (a Pay trait that I seem to remember from his playing days).
Montoya, he's an enigma, was good in 2017, injured, then horrible in 2018 and thought he was goner, but FMD he's been way better than I thought possible this year. Still not brilliant or consistent of course.
Okunbor, Harper and Kotoa all not yet at consistent NRL standard, but way better players than they were when Pay and the coaching staff started coaching them.

I'm not suggesting that anyone of them is a world beater but that I have seen improvement in them, all since Pay took over as coach.
And now I can add DWZ, admittedly only after a couple of games, but how much better is he playing than he has for the last couple of years at Penrith (you know the place where Gus Gould helped everyone play better every week). Obviously he likes the environment with us and it is plainly showing in his form on the field. Of course that's just luck, same as signing him where he just fell into our laps, nothing at all to do with the coaching staff.

Go Dogs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's where we're at. The roster has gotten worse so Pay has one hell of a job this season.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These sympathisers need to watch a post match interview of pay when we lose....tells you everything you need to know.
Pay is hurting when we lose that is what I see in the press conferences. He wants to get us back on the right track.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Has he been sacked yet
No. But given what was talked about on the Matty Johns show last night, with a Bulldogs person flying over to England and popping into Justin Holbrook for a chat, it suggests stuff is happening behind the scenes. Potentially just to allow Pay to finish up the year here, and Holbrook to finish his year in St Helens.

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

We should bring this guy in as head coach. :tearsofjoy:

Pay might learn a thing or two from this loose Dog.

meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.