Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. We win 2 games because opposition didn't turn up and had players out and our board sit there thinking everything is fine
The board have never come out and said everything is fine lol

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just read on the St. Helens forum that hoolbrook apparently has signed with a club for 2 years. He wouldn’t say who though.

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just spoke to someone inside the club (cant say cos everyone knows him)...told me Holbrook has "signed a 2 yr contract" with someone...wouldnt tell me who as not been released....im guessing hes all yours guys!! Damn...you got a classy guy there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just spoke to someone inside the club (cant say cos everyone knows him)...told me Holbrook has "signed a 2 yr contract" with someone...wouldnt tell me who as not been released....im guessing hes all yours guys!! Damn...you got a classy guy there
Wanted him when Des was sacked, but for whatever reason we ended up with Derp Pay. I doubt he's joining us though, can't see our board doing it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just wondering....has our guy from Croatia (was it?)who like to write in the snow? returned, via UK lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL 360 Peter Baddl said that Holbrook was asked to apply and he is going to apply
Hmm maybe it was an informal meet up with him to sound things out and see if he was interested (and if so ask him to apply). Pete Badel normally gets solid info, but writes for courier mail in Qld. Him, Brent Read, and Michael Chammas are three journos I actually respect.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
we actually had him first. He used to coach our Reserve Grade side and took them to (from memory) 3 back to back premierships.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering....has our guy from Croatia (was it?)who like to write in the snow? returned, via UK lol.
Was that the guy that decked the parra supporter in the back of the head?

That was one of the funniest threads.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it's a ploy to jolt Bulldogs in to action to snare Holbrook which is pretty smart from Holbrook's management

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You're thinking of Nasheeds banned dupe account estoniapuppidog.

Thommo posts using the same username over on RedVee forum (St Helens Kennel equivalent).

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely if he really has signed a 2 year deal with a club it couldn't be Titans this quick, hopefully if we were meeting with him and at a stale mate, maybe the threat of the Titans pushed the dogs to accept his terms? If he just extended with St Helens I doubt they would hold off announcing it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If our club is delaying or having second thoughts about replacing Pay just because we won two close games in a row, then they really will have proved that they're out of their depth. These two wins change nothing and they should still be doing everything they can to get Holbrook.

We had a better finish to the season last year and look how that worked out... Its clear to everyone that Pay needs to be moved on but the club just refuse to pull the trigger... If they bungle this situation and keep Pay on into next season, it would have well and truly sealed their fate.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if he really has signed a 2 year deal with a club it couldn't be Titans this quick, hopefully if we were meeting with him and at a stale mate, maybe the threat of the Titans pushed the dogs to accept his terms? If he just extended with St Helens I doubt they would hold off announcing it.
On 100% Footy last night , Gus said Brennan knew he was gone 6 weeks ago. Plenty of time for the Titans to negotiate a deal.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If our club is delaying or having second thoughts about replacing Pay just because we won two close games in a row, then they really will have proved that they're out of their depth. These two wins change nothing and they should still be doing everything they can to get Holbrook.

We had a better finish to the season last year and look how that worked out... Its clear to everyone that Pay needs to be moved on but the club just refuse to pull the trigger... If they bungle this situation and keep Pay on into next season, it would have well and truly sealed their fate.
Feel free to speak for yourself, but the "everyone" is a tad overstated. I for one don't believe in moving anyone on unless we have a better replacement. Right now I'm not sure that we are in a position to be attractive to anyone worthwhile for a head coaching position. We can chase whoever we like, ultimately it's their decision whether they come or not. I don't see that much has changed in our attractiveness since the last time we canvased for coaches, they weren't comfortable in applying last time and I see no reason why they would be any happier to apply now. The undeniable fact is next year is still going to be an uphill battle with severe Cap constraints still in place and it doesn't take a genius to realise that.

FWIW I don't think last week's game was "close" we smashed them and they only got within 6 points (still more than a "small margin") due to a dropped ball. Which can be attributed to playing with much reduced bench rotation that resulted in exhausted players having to play huge minutes. If we had had a full bench, who knows what the score would have been. Plus we bombed a couple of certain tries, in addition to a held up over the line call that if it was the Chooks or Melbourne would have been called a try on the spot.

Winning games changes everything.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On 100% Footy last night , Gus said Brennan knew he was gone 6 weeks ago. Plenty of time for the Titans to negotiate a deal.
As soon as Mal was appointed to cary out a review, tick tick tick.

Go Dogs