Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Rugby papers here state Holbrooks management are guiding him away from Titans and say club "sources" are getting more confidence in Pay esp due to Dogs last win and performance.

Banned
Reaction score
Rugby papers here state Holbrooks management are guiding him away from Titans and say club "sources" are getting more confidence in Pay esp due to Dogs last win and performance.
Happy to swap with us for Pay?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our clubs run by twats so probably true.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know all about transparency and those issues. But a lot of things have to be kept in house.
Thats what is going on now. I mentioned that there will be a clean out at the club and there will be new recruitment.
The club will announce things when its the right time. So ease up on the unsubstantiated rubbish being posted.
All the bungled signings are kept in house as well I would imagine although Mr invisible seems to be in the know, so maybe not doing such a good job at keeping it all confidential

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nah mate....IF Justin goes.....we want 1 guy...Dave Fairleigh. Loved him when he played for us....(his son was born same time as mine and we was having a yarn in the hosp together...top bloke). Anyway...we wait and see

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Holbrook to Dogs, Flanagan to St Helens.

Also had Steve Price grown a chin since he's been in super league? He had a baby chin whilst at dragons coaching.

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Price is getting plenty off stick of Warrington fans....they are 4 miles from St Helens but further away in league...theyre cheesed off!! We are 10 points ahead and coasting ...Not sure we would take Flanagan due to the stuff hes involved in currently. We had a year of Benny Barba so we have helped enough Aussies to get a wage when they are struggling. Hell we even signed Josh Perry..lol

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes and No.... Dib & Co had to go, it was impossible for them to remain on the board and in control of the club after failure after failure.

Anderson and Co came in with delusions of grandeur and offered the world, when in reality they just needed to show up and they'd have toppled Team Dib. I was skeptical from the start about things. From there they started to grow on me a bit and it seemed like we were heading in the right direction, but in more recent times they are starting to struggle and getting shown up as "the unprofessionals". Spinning the tyres and going nowhere.

Now with issues on the recruitment and coaching side, and whispers of certain board members being far too involved and overbearing/encroaching on others work, the wheels are starting to fall off.

Theres now even a question mark over if a current director will end up bankrupt and be able to continue to sit on the board.

Things are very directionless at the moment and we really need Hill to come through and pull off a mastercoach signing, and that will get things back on track.
Sorry that’s completely incorrect, they came out and said that the roads not clear till 2021, and everyone on here are conspiracy theorists and don’t wanna believe em.... regards to recruitment again November 1 they have the shackles off if you wanna judge em from then on, fair game but they haven’t even had the chance to start rebuilding the club!!! All they’ve been doing is cleaning up mess after mess:

Napa
Dwz
Stimson
Resigning Remis smith (we are in talks)
They resigned Lewis (who flopped)
Resigned Ogden
Resigned okungor - that should the people who scream WE CANT LOOSE JUNIORS!!!! Happy.

Be patient with the new board they haven’t had the chance yet to do what they want freely...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL 360 Peter Baddl said that Holbrook was asked to apply and he is going to apply

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holbrook is a preferred candidate and has been asked to apply for the Titans job according to NRL 360.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook is a preferred candidate and has been asked to apply for the Titans job according to NRL 360.
Will go on till the end of the year.... I see titans signing a qlder - Griffin is a coach I think they sign

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh we're going to be stuck with Pay... :(

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will go on till the end of the year.... I see titans signing a qlder - Griffin is a coach I think they sign
I still think Walters will end up there. He just wants the Titans to come after him.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will Luke Thompson and Justin Holbrook be going to the same NRL club or will they be going their own way?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s that mean exactly? Their guiding him to resign with St. Helens?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They said the Titans had a bunch of preferred candidates so it’s not like Holbrook is guaranteed the job. So there’s still hope haha.
I can't see the board acting, they have absolutely no interest in replacing Pay right now imo.

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
No...they dont want him to apply to The Titans...id say 70 / 30 we are losing him to you guys.