Reaction score
Give us a Halfback & Hooker thanks..

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another forward?
I love our connection with the north coast but cannot understand why we are just signing forwards and leaving them in reggies when we dont have backs. Not sure what the strategy is here. Very confusing. But its excellent that we have a some good young players coming through

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I love our connection with the north coast but cannot understand why we are just signing forwards and leaving them in reggies when we dont have backs. Not sure what the strategy is here. Very confusing. But its excellent that we have a some good young players coming through
Thats the thing. It's much harder to see quality halves and hookers as a lot can look good behind a strong forward pack or weaker teams. Forwards are way easier to identify just via there workrates. I'm sure the Dogs have there eyes on some.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If in three years we have an excessively high number of good forwards comings through our production line it will give us the ability to spend less on our forward pack and more on the spine by promoting from within. You don't see stories published about every promising young player. I'm sure that we've got some promising backs and halves in our sights from the partnership with this region. But they may not have made the rep teams like Neilson.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby sexton seems promising. Hes a 5/8.
Played for tweed in national u18 championship and got player of the match vs illawarra (the sg ball winner).
Partnered tom dearden last year for their school. Dearden is now starting half for broncos.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toby sexton seems promising. Hes a 5/8.
Played for tweed in national u18 championship and got player of the match vs illawarra (the sg ball winner).
Partnered tom dearden last year for their school. Dearden is now starting half for broncos.
Takes the line on well and is an astute goal kicker.

Hopefully can lead QLD to victory over NSWCCC on Friday.