What I read from "so called fans" is appalling!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How quickly people forget about games like the Belmore one against the Storm. What was that tactic again?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott was outstanding on the weekend and looks like he’s getting back to the form he has shown he is capable of. Adam Idiot my arse. Rhys Martin is a lazy player and defender. Renouf has untapped potential but is far from a seasoned first grader. Ogden is a completely different player to Elliott.

Let the coach do his job and finish what he started, I say. If it was up to the kennel, we’d go through coaches like Folau goes through hair products.
Adam idiots best is never going to be good enough. And if he was close to his best on the weekend he still wasn't a stand out, a dud.

He regularly gets dominated resulting in slow play the balls, when tackling, opposition players, like frizzel, flick him off like he's a fly.

He can only play when the rest of our forwards get the other sides forwards on the back foot but it is never Elliot who changes the momentum.

And it's absolutely pathetic the way no matter how many mistakes, missed tackles, ineffectiveness Elliot shows that pay doesn't drop him for other players.

I'm completely aware that Ogden is a different player to Elliot but I much rather would have seen tolman at lock and Napa, sue, Ogden and to'omaga rotating our front row, instead of having to CARRY garbage like Elliot and a reserve grader Chris smith

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Post was too long.... I’ll wait for the movie

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s the nrl and this is the bulldogs I heard mason say in a podcast the bulldogs don’t do rebuilds bulllshit Gap years they perform Steve Folkes was sacked after a wooden spoon season and had us in the finals 8 out of his 10 seasons and Kevin Moore was booted after a ordinary season so I can’t see it being any different with pay a wooden spoon or 15th place finish he will have to go no superstars will come near us if he is coach and if our board is soft simple

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I simply would like to make another statement which in previous threads I feel is not being understood.

In most cases I really feel that as a whole (the majority) are not taking into account that the Bulldogs team in 2019 is much less experienced on the field then they have been in the last 10 years.

It has been acknowledged from when DEAN PAY TOOK OVER that it will take atleast until the 2021 season for the TEAM to be able to have the opportunity to field a team that is potentially on paper to be consistently competitive.

If you take the fact of what players have left in the last 2 years and who have come in you then have to simply admit that the team on paper in 60 to 70 percent less experienced. Taking into consideration FORAN who is on approx 1 million a year has missed most games. Which then even tells a bigger story that the bulldogs on paper are a wooden spoon team regardless of who the coach is.

One must simply admit that the players on the field are limited in creativity, experience and ability.

As mentioned above it was ALWAYS known that the team wont have a winning team until 2021 due to a salary cap issue which was already existent before DEAN PAY took over. That is the FACT.

EVEN If you HAD THE BEST COACH in Bellamy with the same team and had to make same hard decisions to let go of all the players which PAY has let go then on the field it would be very similar situation.

PAY has not gone out and bought 8 origin stars like NEWCASTLE has or The TITANS have and then produced what the Bulldogs have on the field.

In reality considering the team on the field the Bulldogs have over achieved as it was all predicted before the start of the season the Bulldogs were the WOODEN SPOON team.

Mathematically the Bulldogs are 3 win out of the 8.

About 6 teams above only have 1 or 2 wins more then the Bulldogs.

-The dragons have 5 origin players

-The Broncos considered a top 4 team before season start.

-The sharks a team full of stars

-The knights a team being built for the last 5 years

-Titans have a team full off stars and currently last

-Penrith considered a chance for the title

-Cowboys have plenty of origin players

- raiders being built by stuart for 6 years now

-MANLY probably the quite over achievers

The point being is THE CURRENT EXPECTATIONS are contradictory to what everyone has predicted and expectations for where the Bulldogs are meant to be sitting on the ladder.

I feel the judgement of late is emotional based on passion and NOT On ACTUAL Fact and common agreement on the situation the Bulldogs are in which as mentioned above was agreed would be 2021 as when the team would be competitive.

SO SOME NOW have seem forgot that
SO SOME NOW are purely Blaming the Coach
SO SOME NOW want the COACH SACKED

PAY as a FIRST TIME Head coach has had to as a metaphor

1) Diagnose the problem
2) come up with solutions to fix the problem
3) make decision to remove the cancer
4) decide which medicine to buy to help repair the problem
5) start the hard recover process

And then BLAME HIM FOR WHAT is happening and say HE IS SHIT

Then you want a new coach and coming up with all these names because you all know best

Then that coach takes over without being part of the process and being part of that 2 years of sleepless nights and bang that coach has a full salary cap and 8 new players and want to then say after that
SEE PAY WAS SHIT

HANG ON regardless of the on field results.
PAY DESERVES THE CHANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO COACH UNTIL THE END OF 2021.

He has been here from the beginning of the heartache. LET HIM FINISH THE JOB HE HAS STARTED then judge him after it is finished.

Wake up to your self. Take off the blurred glasses and see the facts.

The JOB has only just started.
This is NOT THE FAULT OF ANY OF DEAN PAYs doings.

M.Zoabi
(Opens with big belly laugh after reading post), ...Sounds like you believe in global warming.
....or maybe unicorns.

Look, we all acknowledge the squad is less than most (pauses and stresses ‘most’), but we are gauging the performance of the coach on what we see with our own eyes.....might even call it fact.
I’ve been around footy clubs for over 40 years and judge my views on my own instinct and knowledge of described topic.

The club, fairly in my view, are peddling an agenda that takes pressure off the players and coach. However, what needs to be happening on the field is a ‘way’ of playing. Combinations, structures, set pieces. We expect ‘game management’ on the park but particularly from the coaching box, based on what is happening on the field in any given match.
If you believe the last 2 wins were anything more than ‘effort’ based sprinkled with some long overdue ‘luck’ with decisions, then you need some help with your headache, or a bag of mixed lollies.

Entitled to your view but Pay ain’t our savior I assure you

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of circumstances any other teams supporters would also be calling for change after having the same results we have had with Pay.

This plus the fact Dogs supporters are a passionate lot and we have a Board who extended his contract and his team selections and our teams style of play is what we understand.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Adam idiots best is never going to be good enough. And if he was close to his best on the weekend he still wasn't a stand out, a dud.

He regularly gets dominated resulting in slow play the balls, when tackling, opposition players, like frizzel, flick him off like he's a fly.

He can only play when the rest of our forwards get the other sides forwards on the back foot but it is never Elliot who changes the momentum.

And it's absolutely pathetic the way no matter how many mistakes, missed tackles, ineffectiveness Elliot shows that pay doesn't drop him for other players.

I'm completely aware that Ogden is a different player to Elliot but I much rather would have seen tolman at lock and Napa, sue, Ogden and to'omaga rotating our front row, instead of having to CARRY garbage like Elliot and a reserve grader Chris smith
What a steaming load. Elliott is a good player.... he showed that last season. He’s just been seriously out of form. But he was great on the weekend.

You see what you want to see.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I simply would like to make another statement which in previous threads I feel is not being understood.

In most cases I really feel that as a whole (the majority) are not taking into account that the Bulldogs team in 2019 is much less experienced on the field then they have been in the last 10 years.

It has been acknowledged from when DEAN PAY TOOK OVER that it will take atleast until the 2021 season for the TEAM to be able to have the opportunity to field a team that is potentially on paper to be consistently competitive.

If you take the fact of what players have left in the last 2 years and who have come in you then have to simply admit that the team on paper in 60 to 70 percent less experienced. Taking into consideration FORAN who is on approx 1 million a year has missed most games. Which then even tells a bigger story that the bulldogs on paper are a wooden spoon team regardless of who the coach is.

One must simply admit that the players on the field are limited in creativity, experience and ability.

As mentioned above it was ALWAYS known that the team wont have a winning team until 2021 due to a salary cap issue which was already existent before DEAN PAY took over. That is the FACT.

EVEN If you HAD THE BEST COACH in Bellamy with the same team and had to make same hard decisions to let go of all the players which PAY has let go then on the field it would be very similar situation.

PAY has not gone out and bought 8 origin stars like NEWCASTLE has or The TITANS have and then produced what the Bulldogs have on the field.

In reality considering the team on the field the Bulldogs have over achieved as it was all predicted before the start of the season the Bulldogs were the WOODEN SPOON team.

Mathematically the Bulldogs are 3 win out of the 8.

About 6 teams above only have 1 or 2 wins more then the Bulldogs.

-The dragons have 5 origin players

-The Broncos considered a top 4 team before season start.

-The sharks a team full of stars

-The knights a team being built for the last 5 years

-Titans have a team full off stars and currently last

-Penrith considered a chance for the title

-Cowboys have plenty of origin players

- raiders being built by stuart for 6 years now

-MANLY probably the quite over achievers

The point being is THE CURRENT EXPECTATIONS are contradictory to what everyone has predicted and expectations for where the Bulldogs are meant to be sitting on the ladder.

I feel the judgement of late is emotional based on passion and NOT On ACTUAL Fact and common agreement on the situation the Bulldogs are in which as mentioned above was agreed would be 2021 as when the team would be competitive.

SO SOME NOW have seem forgot that
SO SOME NOW are purely Blaming the Coach
SO SOME NOW want the COACH SACKED

PAY as a FIRST TIME Head coach has had to as a metaphor

1) Diagnose the problem
2) come up with solutions to fix the problem
3) make decision to remove the cancer
4) decide which medicine to buy to help repair the problem
5) start the hard recover process

And then BLAME HIM FOR WHAT is happening and say HE IS SHIT

Then you want a new coach and coming up with all these names because you all know best

Then that coach takes over without being part of the process and being part of that 2 years of sleepless nights and bang that coach has a full salary cap and 8 new players and want to then say after that
SEE PAY WAS SHIT

HANG ON regardless of the on field results.
PAY DESERVES THE CHANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO COACH UNTIL THE END OF 2021.

He has been here from the beginning of the heartache. LET HIM FINISH THE JOB HE HAS STARTED then judge him after it is finished.

Wake up to your self. Take off the blurred glasses and see the facts.

The JOB has only just started.
This is NOT THE FAULT OF ANY OF DEAN PAYs doings.

M.Zoabi
You are a very brave man. You will cop heaps from the great unwashed brigade. I agree with your post.
The majority on here want to change the jockey because the horse wont go fast enough.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I will give Elliott some credit. At least he looks like he gives a shit, unlike she rex lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a steaming load. Elliott is a good player.... he showed that last season. He’s just been seriously out of form. But he was great on the weekend.

You see what you want to see.
You're wrong I'm right.

I'm not agreeing to disagree damn it!

He only did well because chn and dwz were getting us quick play the balls. otherwise if the opposition defence is set Elliot provides nothing, NOTHING!!!!

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliott was outstanding on the weekend and looks like he’s getting back to the form he has shown he is capable of. Adam Idiot my arse. Rhys Martin is a lazy player and defender. Renouf has untapped potential but is far from a seasoned first grader. Ogden is a completely different player to Elliott.

Let the coach do his job and finish what he started, I say. If it were up to the kennel, we’d go through coaches like Folau goes through hair products.
Excellent comment. Exactly to the fact and truth.
Please remember 18 months ago most admitted and conceded that this current cap situation wont be fixed until 2021.

They seem to have forgot that. The current crop of players are Raw and dont have the skill set to play like a Roosters or Melbourne team

Just compare player for player in each position.
We dont have 1 player better then them

Yet you expect them to play and compete like them.

Based on the players... we are actually over achieving.

Be patient. This is process. Players are learning.

We have won 2 in a row. You can make excuses that the sharks and knights we off but who cares we still won..dont matter how.... if the coach was shit they would not be competing.
Instead we would be free falling like the TITANS now THE TITANS coach was shit.
He has a roster that is 3 times as good as the current dogs team

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers didn't have the coin, DWZ didn't want to move the family to North QLD, Eels were the other club mentioned but they had Waqa Blake lined up.
He had a contract at the Panthers and could have dug his heels in for the term of the contract.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please remember 18 months ago most admitted and conceded that this current cap situation wont be fixed until 2021.

They seem to have forgot that. The current crop of players are Raw and dont have the skill set to play like a Roosters or Melbourne team

We have won 2 in a row. You can make excuses that the sharks and knights we off but who cares we still won..dont matter how.... if the coach was shit they would not be competing.

Now we are so much better then the Titans. What with a -153 points dif and their -96?
Shut the fuck up. You are done son. You have no clue on basic footy.
We have not improved at all. We complete at over 70% and lose games. Again average 35 miss tackles. Concede more metres then any team. Bulldogs games used to hurt. Teams used to have to prepare for the pain. Now it's ice creams and unicorn farts.
The guys with energy are in reserves, where we ARE winning. Where they are playing for each other and to be picked up by another team.
No players have come out in favour of Pay.
This board Will go. Just because you have a name from the brilliant Bullfrog, doesn't mean you stay.
Folksey got a spoon. Sacked. Folkesy would have us in the 8 with this squad or at least more competitive. Kev Moore Sacked after 2 seasons of below the 8. Now his first year he won Coach of the year for his turn around. SACKED.

PAY IS FAR WORSE and has none of the awards, finals or credits.
FUCK OFF PAY AND NEXT THESE SPINELESS BOARD MEMBERS

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He dropped our best forward in Ogden and keeps putting Meaney on the fucking wing etc etc etc Dean isn’t the right coach to rebuild this side regardless of our current roster

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PAY IN

I will back the coach. Club needs to honor his contract, not once has Pay complained about the mess we are in.

Sacking is just going to put us even further behind in a rebuilding phase. They need to have a successor lined up when Pay's contract expires.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now we are so much better then the Titans. What with a -153 points dif and their -96?
Shut the fuck up. You are done son. You have no clue on basic footy.
We have not improved at all. We complete at over 70% and lose games. Again average 35 miss tackles. Concede more metres then any team. Bulldogs games used to hurt. Teams used to have to prepare for the pain. Now it's ice creams and unicorn farts.
The guys with energy are in reserves, where we ARE winning. Where they are playing for each other and to be picked up by another team.
No players have come out in favour of Pay.
This board Will go. Just because you have a name from the brilliant Bullfrog, doesn't mean you stay.
Folksey got a spoon. Sacked. Folkesy would have us in the 8 with this squad or at least more competitive. Kev Moore Sacked after 2 seasons of below the 8. Now his first year he won Coach of the year for his turn around. SACKED.

PAY IS FAR WORSE and has none of the awards, finals or credits.
FUCK OFF PAY AND NEXT THESE SPINELESS BOARD MEMBERS
Yeah but but we got the best completions in the comp......loo

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

This is a load of garbage post. The people criticizing pay are not expecting us to be a top 8 team but we should be hovering there abouts.

IMHO the worst team on paper in the comp belongs to the tigers. And the tigers show what one can achieve with a bit of coaching and motivation.

Let's not ignore the fact that manly have had plenty of injuries yet des is still getting results with their reserve graders. Their reserve graders who are continuously beaten by our Canterbury cup team.

Or how about when we played Canberra and they had something like 10 first graders missing and we didn't even look close to winning.

Or that Lachlan burr, who couldn't get into our first grade, has been one of the better forwards for warriors, who we got smashed by in the forward battle.

Or the fact that 2 of our 3 tries on the weekend came on the back of broken play and not really something we set up.

Or the fact that our average score is 12 points a game and we looked unlikely to score vs sharks after foran was injured.

It's pays coaching plain and simple. We're not expecting top 8 this season or next. We are hoping that with a bit of luck, good coaching, and picking the right team that we can come close to getting into the top 8.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The moral crusade comes after 2 scrappy wins.. where was it when we got flogged on multiple occasions early in the season.. Dean pay is Mary McGregor V2... If you want a few good performances a season, no methodology and no consistency then we have our man.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're wrong I'm right.

I'm not agreeing to disagree damn it!

He only did well because chn and dwz were getting us quick play the balls. otherwise if the opposition defence is set Elliot provides nothing, NOTHING!!!!
Nuh uh.... :p

He was good for us last year and showed the sort of form he’s capable of again on the weekend.

Some of you have short memories and are so set in your views you refuse to see what’s in front of you.

Quick play the balls and pace make ANY player’s job easier.