Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For starters we are the Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs, we demand the best and professionalism every time we step out on the field, we do not make excuses for a coach that doesn’t have the fundamentals of coaching that is required to get the best out of a playing group that still has decent amount of talent, mixed with youth and experienced players, just because he played 100 odd games for this club.

He has had over 1 year and a half to give us an indication that he can bring improvement to this team, and has shown absolutely nothing, and if you are a coach with favourites then that’s never going to go down well with the whole playing group, we could go and recruit 5 to 6 top line players and pay would still manage to fuck it up and piss players off, and for the last time people need to stop saying that he doesn’t have the playing group, yes this playing group isn’t great overall, but even with that he hasn’t got the team selections right since he came in, so that excuse is invalid.

This club can really go to high places with the right people in place, and the right leader to recruit and get the best out of this playing group with the right communication and structures,and an idea about team selections, bench rotation etc, we Lack all of this badly.
We are bulldogs and we don’t bow down to mediocrity, even with all the supposed salary cap problems, we can do so much better than being anchored Down to the bottom showing no signs of improvement, the last 2 weeks has shown there is some potential with this playing group and how do you expect a rookie coach to get that potential out of them

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For starters we are the Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs, we demand the best and professionalism every time we step out on the field, we do not make excuses for a coach that doesn’t have the fundamentals of coaching that is required to get the best out of a playing group that still has decent amount of talent, mixed with youth and experienced players, just because he played 100 odd games for this club.

He has had over 1 year and a half to give us an indication that he can bring improvement to this team, and has shown absolutely nothing, and if you are a coach with favourites then that’s never going to go down well with the whole playing group, we could go and recruit 5 to 6 top line players and pay would still manage to fuck it up and piss players off, and for the last time people need to stop saying that he doesn’t have the playing group, yes this playing group isn’t great overall, but even with that he hasn’t got the team selections right since he came in, so that excuse is invalid.

This club can really go to high places with the right people in place, and the right leader to recruit and get the best out of this playing group with the right communication and structures,and an idea about team selections, bench rotation etc, we Lack all of this badly.
We are bulldogs and we don’t bow down to mediocrity, even with all the supposed salary cap problems, we can do so much better than being anchored Down to the bottom showing no signs of improvement, the last 2 weeks has shown there is some potential with this playing group and how do you expect a rookie coach to get that potential out of them
... yes this group could do well, under the right coach (which is not, an never will be dean pay) 2019 has been far too disappointing and we are well within our rights as supports to vent !!!

Simple answer. Said myself over 100+ times I’m sure.. Pay has to go ASAP, we expect results!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To quote your own words .................... the last 2 weeks has shown there is some potential with this playing group and the coach has worked hard to extract that potential out of them.

But the fact is we are at least a couple of strike players short of any real progression. But the fact is that isn't going to happen this year. But there is some scope for next year to make further progress.

Just a reminder, we were tipped by everyone to be dead last, and right now were aren't, so we have over achieved so far.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple answer. Said myself over 100+ times I’m sure.. Pay has to go ASAP, we expect results!!!
Simple question #1 and who exactly is going to achieve this magic turn around?
Simple question #2 and how long to achieve this are you going to give this mystery coach?
Simple question #3 and what is your measure to show that the magic turn around has been achieved?
Surely not some wishy washy "playing the way I like it" immeasurable?
Oh I know, pick the same players as I would pick, there's a good yardstick.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple question #1 and who exactly is going to achieve this magic turn around?
Simple question #2 and how long to achieve this are you going to give this mystery coach?
Simple question #3 and what is your measure to show that the magic turn around has been achieved?
Surely not some wishy washy "playing the way I like it" immeasurable?

Go Dogs
Magic turn Around lol??Who said anything about that, not me..!!! Never have I used the words (magic turn Around) in hundreds of post since wanting the coach to go.

I just want PAY gone!! Nothing more, nothing less...

Twin Tonk.!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Magic turn Around lol??Who said anything about that, not me..!!! Never have I used the words (magic turn Around) in hundreds of post since wanting the coach to go.
I just want PAY gone!! Nothing more, nothing less...
Twin Tonk.!!!
Thank you for clarifying, you don't want any improvement, better results, more games won etc, you just want the Coach sacked. Strange thinking for a Bulldogs supporter, but you are entitled to it.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying, you don't want any improvement, better results, more games won etc, you just want the Coach sacked. Strange thinking for a Bulldogs supporter, but you are entitled to it.

Go Dogs
Pay getting sacked will change all of that ,and is referring to everything changing ..but magic turn around, not this year, maybe when pay has gone we will start seeing some major improvements in our playing group, team, win loss record!! Read between the lines and don’t patronise me !!

I mean come on mate, I don’t want pay to stay so we stay bottom or win a few games a year ! Your not that stupid are ya !!!

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Message to Barcelona

CORNER TAKEN QUICKLY ORIGI!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
RESULTS.. which is referring to everything.. but magic turn around, not this year, maybe when pat has gone we will start seeing some major improvements in our playing group, team, win loss record!! Read between the lines and don’t patronise me !!
I'm sorry but you didn't exactly leave much room between "I just want PAY gone!!" and "Nothing more". That was pretty explicit, "nothing more" to me means exactly that, that's your sole objective, your only object is to remove the Coach.

Back to the point at hand, "RESULTS" is a bit generic, very hard to quantify, far too broad to measure. Hence the questions, what is your measurement of "results", games won, place on the ladder, players picked that you like, players not picked that you don't like, etc?

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you didn't exactly leave much room between "I just want PAY gone!!" and "Nothing more". That was pretty explicit, "nothing more" to me means exactly that, that's your sole objective, your only object is to remove the Coach.

Back to the point at hand, "RESULTS" is a bit generic, very hard to quantify, far too broad to measure. Hence the questions, what is your measurement of "results", games won, place on the ladder, players picked that you like, players not picked that you don't like, etc?

Go Dogs
Not going to write a novel, Anything is better than what has Happened this year, and pay is not the answer for this team/club going forward.. I don’t know who is, I have not got that answer!! But we want the club back to how we know it should be..it’s not rocket science!

I don’t want miracles, I just want my doggies back!! My club, our club!!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from 'coaching', Good coaches recruit well and attract big names, they recruit the right players & can build a premiership winning squad..

Apart from purely the 'coaching' the club must decide if Pay is capable of that..

I prefer to go with coaches that have the runs on the board and have done it before, and know what it takes..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes it's not about the number of losses, it's how you lose. I can't remember a year that after 17 rounds we have been anywhere near close to -154 points for and against. This is what the team and coaches should be judged on and to put it simply this is not good enough for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs I have always known.

So, fans have every damn right to share their disgust in what is being dished up. A couple wins on the trot only helps mask the real problems deep within.

Status
Not open for further replies.