12 Days In

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a 56 year old ex stoner and rock music fan who has loved the Dogs for 45 years.

Grew up in Wenty where as a young kid I use to go and watch Magpie games at Ringrose Oval and kick conversions during the half time break.

My wife was born in Canterbury Hospital and grew up Greenacre and was born a Canterbury fan. She loves giving it to me saying I'm a Johnny come lately.

We have 3 daughters who are of course all Bulldogs fans but not with the passion of myself or wife.

We come from an era of scum penalties deciding games, crowds screaming out get em onside ref and chewie on your boots as the opposition kicker was lining up a conversion or free kick.

We have many fond memories of Belmore Sports Ground, including sitting at the grandstand end with the Giant bulldog on the roof where fans chanting "we hate Sterling" and Sterling responding by turning around conducting the crowd as we sang, Terry Lamb kicking a field goal trailing by 2 points and Mitch Newton giving it to him, seeing a St George supporter bashed after bravely screaming out all Bulldogs fans are wogs and my favourite was a guy who sat in the middle of the hill and proceeded to put up a beach umbrella, you can imagine the reaction, classic.

Was a reader of another web site since closed where may favourite poster only ever said " Willie Talau is like iron unbreakable".

Since I had to retire early 3 years ago due to Parkinsons Disease, I have had a bit of free time and have been an unregistered reader of this site since.

Due to the position my beloved Dogs find themselves I took the leap and posted for the first time.

I only been on here for 12 days and have already been called, ignorant, wrong and been accused of having my own agenda against the current board.

I mightn't be here for a long time but hope to be here for a good time.

So far so good!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm a 56 year old ex stoner and rock music fan who has loved the Dogs for 45 years.

Grew up in Wenty where as a young kid I use to go and watch Magpie games at Ringrose Oval and kick conversions during the half time break.

My wife was born in Canterbury Hospital and grew up Greenacre and was born a Canterbury fan. She loves giving it to me saying I'm a Johnny come lately.

We have 3 daughters who are of course all Bulldogs fans but not with the passion of myself or wife.

We come from an era of scum penalties deciding games, crowds screaming out get em onside ref and chewie on your boots as the opposition kicker was lining up a conversion or free kick.

We have many fond memories of Belmore Sports Ground, including sitting at the grandstand end with the Giant bulldog on the roof where fans chanting "we hate Sterling" and Sterling responding by turning around conducting the crowd as we sang, Terry Lamb kicking a field goal trailing by 2 points and Mitch Newton giving it to him, seeing a St George supporter bashed after bravely screaming out all Bulldogs fans are wogs and my favourite was a guy who sat in the middle of the hill and proceeded to put up a beach umbrella, you can imagine the reaction, classic.

Was a reader of another web site since closed where may favourite poster only ever said " Willie Talau is like iron unbreakable".

Since I had to retire early 3 years ago due to Parkinsons Disease, I have had a bit of free time and have been an unregistered reader of this site since.

Due to the position my beloved Dogs find themselves I took the leap and posted for the first time.

I only been on here for 12 days and have already been called, ignorant, wrong and been accused of having my own agenda against the current board.

So far so good!
Welcome to the kennel, you will fit right in.
don’t worry everyone is a know it all lol.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the crazy world we call The Kennel.

Look forwards to reading more of your opinions and thoughts around the place.

Don't be too disheartened but peoples opinions towards you, it can be a pretty hard hitting place at times.

Cheers for joining though, always nice to welcome new members to the site :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

So far so good!
Glad you decided to start posting. If people annoy you with name calling and critical remarks about your posting you can put them on ignore and not see their posts. But for the most part you have to expect some good and bad responses. I've been here for a long while and have three very repetitive posters who attack anyone they can't shout down on ignore. But for the most part people are able to be reasonable in their arguments.

You have a little more vintage in life than me. But despite becoming a Dogs fan later than me (dad had me in a dogs jersey before I was on solid food) it's good that you eventually chose the right club. Hope you stick around. We'll get back to being a powerhouse eventually. Enjoy the ride as much as possible until we get there.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I forgot to say we also came from an era when the crowd would chant "Who's your farther, who's your father, who's your father referee, you haven't got one, you haven't got one, you're a bastard referee".

One thing that hasn't changed is the bias against the dogs by referees and our annoying habit of conceding points in the last minutes of the first half.

Maybe it happens to all teams but I've got one blue and one white eye.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I forgot to say we also came from an era when the crowd would chant "Who's your farther, who's your father, who's your father referee, you haven't got one, you haven't got one, you're a bastard referee".

One thing that hasn't changed is the bias against the dogs by referees and our annoying habit of conceding points in the last minutes of the first half.

Maybe it happens to all teams but I've got one blue and one white eye.
Did that then lead to:
"Oh referee, your wife is shit.. Oh referee your wife is shit... but she cooks a real good breakfast...of referee your wife is shit. SHES FUCKN SHIT!" ?
and
"Your sister is your mother, your father is your brother, you all fuck one another, the inbred referee"

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome aboard mate, have fun contributing, reading, laughing and enjoying the banter that happens on TK.

You’ve got some pretty solid lineage mate - you were born to be a Bulldog!

Looking forward to chatting...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My final down memory lane post I promise.

Trial match at Belmore against the Magpies with Human Nature singing the national anthem or pre game entertainment and the crowd was singing out get off you faggots etc. They certainly had the last laugh.

Either 1984 or 1985 after being at the SCG to watch the grand final getting back in time to see the team arrive back at the club with Mick Potter being carried into the club on a supporters back and supporters throwing money to the players.

After watching the famous 1998 Bulldogs V Parramatta Prelim Final at the SFS getting onto a bus with Parra supporters ready to be driven back to Parra and absolutely giving it to them.

Being at the new Parramatta Stadium in 1986 and absolutely giving it to Parra supporters as we inflicted their first loss at the stadium.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Welcome.

If you hear someone talk about chicks, it's most likely me. Toyota Camry's is most likely @Blue_boost - and excessive cursing is likely down to @south of heaven. Oh... I use the term 'Karmichael' a lot as well, so be on the lookout for that.

Hot Wheels chatter is most likely me, as is a trip down memory lane.

A couple of loveable and very easy to get along with people on this forum are @Mr 95%, @ASSASSIN, @Scoooby and my man @The_Chimpster, whilst @Realist90 often talks about PC gone made.

Asian women being excessively sexy in the workplace... that's me... Wrestling... that's me too... if you see a thread locked, it's most likely due to @Mr Invisible tripping on power (but he's really a super-cool guy)... and anything to do with Todd Greenturd being the most incompetent CEO the NRL has ever seen... that's the one subject that unites us all together!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome.

If you hear someone talk about chicks, it's most likely me. Toyota Camry's is most likely @Blue_boost - and excessive cursing is likely down to @south of heaven. Oh... I use the term 'Karmichael' a lot as well, so be on the lookout for that.

A couple of loveable and very easy to get along with people on this forum are @Mr 95%, @ASSASSIN, @Scoooby and my man @The_Chimpster, whilst @Realist90 often talks about PC gone made.

Asian women being excessively sexy in the workplace... that's me... Wrestling... that's me too... if you see a thread locked, it's most likely due to @Mr Invisible tripping on power (but he's really a super-cool guy)... and anything to do with Todd Greenturd being the most incompetent CEO the NRL has ever seen... that's the one subject that unites us all together!
Lol.. and you have done it again Wahesh.. those mentioned you in a post notifications are GOLD..!!

Keep up the great work mate :grinning:

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

So far so good!
Welcome mate, don't take it too hard, take TK as mad house

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Lol.. and you have done it again Wahesh.. those mentioned you in a post notifications are GOLD..!!

Keep up the great work mate :grinning:
No worries brother. You'll notice I tend to copy & paste this post whenever newbies arrive - I just updated in this case because you're and @The_Chimpster are absolute GOLD on here :D

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Welcome.

Hahaha love your shout outs bro