What I read from "so called fans" is appalling!

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holy shit Nabs hahahaha chicken soup is now running out my nose & all over my computer screen.....getting strange look from office lady!!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the Bulldogs there is a standard that has been entrenched and shouldn't be taken for granted. We expect better, no matter the situation. This is what separates us from the Eels, Knights, Titans and Tigers.

This is a professional sport and we as devoted fans expect us to be the best team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I simply would like to make another statement which in previous threads I feel is not being understood.

In most cases I really feel that as a whole (the majority) are not taking into account that the Bulldogs team in 2019 is much less experienced on the field then they have been in the last 10 years.

It has been acknowledged from when DEAN PAY TOOK OVER that it will take atleast until the 2021 season for the TEAM to be able to have the opportunity to field a team that is potentially on paper to be consistently competitive.

If you take the fact of what players have left in the last 2 years and who have come in you then have to simply admit that the team on paper in 60 to 70 percent less experienced. Taking into consideration FORAN who is on approx 1 million a year has missed most games. Which then even tells a bigger story that the bulldogs on paper are a wooden spoon team regardless of who the coach is.

One must simply admit that the players on the field are limited in creativity, experience and ability.

As mentioned above it was ALWAYS known that the team wont have a winning team until 2021 due to a salary cap issue which was already existent before DEAN PAY took over. That is the FACT.

EVEN If you HAD THE BEST COACH in Bellamy with the same team and had to make same hard decisions to let go of all the players which PAY has let go then on the field it would be very similar situation.

PAY has not gone out and bought 8 origin stars like NEWCASTLE has or The TITANS have and then produced what the Bulldogs have on the field.

In reality considering the team on the field the Bulldogs have over achieved as it was all predicted before the start of the season the Bulldogs were the WOODEN SPOON team.

Mathematically the Bulldogs are 3 win out of the 8.

About 6 teams above only have 1 or 2 wins more then the Bulldogs.

-The dragons have 5 origin players

-The Broncos considered a top 4 team before season start.

-The sharks a team full of stars

-The knights a team being built for the last 5 years

-Titans have a team full off stars and currently last

-Penrith considered a chance for the title

-Cowboys have plenty of origin players

- raiders being built by stuart for 6 years now

-MANLY probably the quite over achievers

The point being is THE CURRENT EXPECTATIONS are contradictory to what everyone has predicted and expectations for where the Bulldogs are meant to be sitting on the ladder.

I feel the judgement of late is emotional based on passion and NOT On ACTUAL Fact and common agreement on the situation the Bulldogs are in which as mentioned above was agreed would be 2021 as when the team would be competitive.

SO SOME NOW have seem forgot that
SO SOME NOW are purely Blaming the Coach
SO SOME NOW want the COACH SACKED

PAY as a FIRST TIME Head coach has had to as a metaphor

1) Diagnose the problem
2) come up with solutions to fix the problem
3) make decision to remove the cancer
4) decide which medicine to buy to help repair the problem
5) start the hard recover process

And then BLAME HIM FOR WHAT is happening and say HE IS SHIT

Then you want a new coach and coming up with all these names because you all know best

Then that coach takes over without being part of the process and being part of that 2 years of sleepless nights and bang that coach has a full salary cap and 8 new players and want to then say after that
SEE PAY WAS SHIT

HANG ON regardless of the on field results.
PAY DESERVES THE CHANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO COACH UNTIL THE END OF 2021.

He has been here from the beginning of the heartache. LET HIM FINISH THE JOB HE HAS STARTED then judge him after it is finished.

Wake up to your self. Take off the blurred glasses and see the facts.

The JOB has only just started.
This is NOT THE FAULT OF ANY OF DEAN PAYs doings.

M.Zoabi
Next time give me a TLDR/summary... I don't have time to read all that shit.

I'll be as straight to the point as possible.

No other board would have extended an unproven coach for another year, when he was on a losing streak.

Pay isn't the answer, and the more time rolls on nor is the current board either.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I simply would like to make another statement which in previous threads I feel is not being understood.

In most cases I really feel that as a whole (the majority) are not taking into account that the Bulldogs team in 2019 is much less experienced on the field then they have been in the last 10 years.

It has been acknowledged from when DEAN PAY TOOK OVER that it will take atleast until the 2021 season for the TEAM to be able to have the opportunity to field a team that is potentially on paper to be consistently competitive.

If you take the fact of what players have left in the last 2 years and who have come in you then have to simply admit that the team on paper in 60 to 70 percent less experienced. Taking into consideration FORAN who is on approx 1 million a year has missed most games. Which then even tells a bigger story that the bulldogs on paper are a wooden spoon team regardless of who the coach is.

One must simply admit that the players on the field are limited in creativity, experience and ability.

As mentioned above it was ALWAYS known that the team wont have a winning team until 2021 due to a salary cap issue which was already existent before DEAN PAY took over. That is the FACT.

EVEN If you HAD THE BEST COACH in Bellamy with the same team and had to make same hard decisions to let go of all the players which PAY has let go then on the field it would be very similar situation.

PAY has not gone out and bought 8 origin stars like NEWCASTLE has or The TITANS have and then produced what the Bulldogs have on the field.

In reality considering the team on the field the Bulldogs have over achieved as it was all predicted before the start of the season the Bulldogs were the WOODEN SPOON team.

The point being is THE CURRENT EXPECTATIONS are contradictory to what everyone has predicted and expectations for where the Bulldogs are meant to be sitting on the ladder.

I feel the judgement of late is emotional based on passion and NOT On ACTUAL Fact and common agreement on the situation the Bulldogs are in which as mentioned above was agreed would be 2021 as when the team would be competitive.

1) Diagnose the problem

Then you want a new coach and coming up with all these names because you all know best

Then that coach takes over without being part of the process and being part of that 2 years of sleepless nights and bang that coach has a full salary cap and 8 new players and want to then say after that
SEE PAY WAS SHIT

He has been here from the beginning of the heartache. LET HIM FINISH THE JOB HE HAS STARTED then judge him after it is finished.

M.Zoabi
Adam Elliot is that you, sly dog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Rumour has it KIA is gone.
Apparently even to the extent they're willing to change the colour of their logo for their new team from the red we're stuck with.
Who's replacing them, Durkah Durkah yeeros in Belmore?
Small time sponsors are good, yet marquee sponsors don't appear to be sticking around.
Jaycar left after years, KIA is supposedly leaving after a short time, Canterbury/CCC who are a perfect match as clothing sponsors didn't even stay!
Does above not at least suggest to you, that there's issues within the club?
Nope, KIA's 3 Year (not a short time) contract was up at the end of this year, the NRMA wanted out (the NRL screwed them) and the Donkeys have guaranteed FTA TV coverage. Seems like a sensible business decision on KIA's behalf to me, nothing more, nothing less. KIA have done the right thing by us, giving plenty of notice for us to seek out a replacement for next season.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Next time give me a TLDR/summary... I don't have time to read all that shit.
I'll be as straight to the point as possible.
No other board would have extended an unproven coach for another year, when he was on a losing streak.
Pay isn't the answer, and the more time rolls on nor is the current board either.
Many times we have discussed this and try as hard as I can I can't see any negative effects from extending the coaching term for the extra year. Especially when that year is the last of the Cap fiasco, leaving any new coach (when we find one) the freedom to recruit. I see no downside in extending, however we signed DWZ for next year as well (it had to be a factor) and if that is the only upside them I'm all for it.

Just for fun ........ before the extension was announced we had not won a game, the round the extension was announced we won our first game of the season. ;)

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, KIA's 3 Year (not a short time) contract was up at the end of this year, the NRMA wanted out (the NRL screwed them) and the Donkeys have guaranteed FTA TV coverage. Seems like a sensible business decision on KIA's behalf to me, nothing more, nothing less. KIA have done the right thing by us, giving plenty of notice for us to seek out a replacement for next season.

Go Dogs
NRMA were pissed ever since Youi became a major NRL partner. I believe that's also why AAMI pulled sponsorship. Youi are major competition to both, and also feature heavily on ads during games.

Youi on refs jerseys and sponsoring Magic Round too.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
NRMA were pissed ever since Youi became a major NRL partner. I believe that's also why AAMI pulled sponsorship. Youi are major competition to both, and also feature heavily on ads during games.
Youi on refs jerseys and sponsoring Magic Round too.
Yep, overall a pretty big stuff up by the NRL. They definitely need help in understanding how to handle competition amongst their sponsors.

Go Dogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD, how many of these threads are you going to make. Just keep adding to your original one.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How could anyone accuse the die-hard fans of being unrealistic and impatient ?
Remember THE ROYAL FAMILY were pushing for Prince Ben Anderson to take over as a coach, a situation that caused a lot of anxiety and almost sent Pay CRAZY...So To calm thing down, they extended Pay's contract by 1 Year !!!
I totally agree, the cap situation isn't Pays fault but selecting the wrong team is !
I repeat what I said before Pay was signed...Who ever is signed as a rookie, Pay or Dymock would need a mentor like Michael Hagan !
To you fellow Kenneler Mike. Z a friendly advise ....you should post your concern to the management of our club.
One thing for sure...When we have had greater defections in years gone by we still managed to preform admirably !!!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

1) Diagnose the problem

SEE PAY WAS SHIT

M.Zoabi
All i read was bla bla bla

Dean pay is a fucking shit coach .End of story

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant believe people still cant see that we could be doing much better.
The only thing appalling is how fans can sit there and make the same bullshit salary cap excuses, hand pay the keys its all ok cause the club and the papers said we wont do any good till 2021.
Absolute morons.
Its got nothing to do with pay ! Now reading that shit from fans is fucking appalling.
Wake up. Hes fucking gone thank god, and sooner the better.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyone who has favourites like Adam Idiot or Chris Smith and chooses them over players like CHN, Rhys Martin, Renouf To'omaga, Ofa Ogden, is not a coach we need.
Elliott was outstanding on the weekend and looks like he’s getting back to the form he has shown he is capable of. Adam Idiot my arse. Rhys Martin is a lazy player and defender. Renouf has untapped potential but is far from a seasoned first grader. Ogden is a completely different player to Elliott.

Let the coach do his job and finish what he started, I say. If it were up to the kennel, we’d go through coaches like Folau goes through hair products.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant believe people still cant see that we could be doing much better.
The only thing appalling is how fans can sit there and make the same bullshit salary cap excuses, hand pay the keys its all ok cause the club and the papers said we wont do any good till 2021.
Absolute morons.
Its got nothing to do with pay ! Now reading that shit from fans is fucking appalling.
Wake up. Hes fucking gone thank god, and sooner the better.
100%..!! Well said, and to think I copped the flack I did for being against pay lol.. at least your looking at it as it is .. black and white !! Only way. No sugar coating that shit.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Piss off with this 'so called fans' shit.

Doesn't matter what team you support, you expect your team do well & when they don't you vent.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes we have an inexperienced squad of players, who need an experienced coach. A Head coach that has been around and dealt with different situations.
Brown has done that. Weather that has been with the Dragons at the start or moving to England to learn more as a Head coach and achieve, to then rebuild Newcastle after Bennett left it.
Pay has no experience. He has been an assistant coach at Melbourne for 1 season, then with Ricky at Parra and Raiders. Since he has been with us surprising how much better the Raiders have gotten.
He says what we want to hear at the start of his coach like Dogs of War, Entertainers, and has provided none of that. I have no doubt the club and he will say whatever to get the players across and then not live up to the promise.
Last season the likes of Lewis, Holland and Smith did well towards the back end. We all thought that would be a good building block for this season, yet he changed the Holland Smith combo, ditched Lewis, fucked around Martin and Ogden is now getting dicked around. Are they top quality players? Who bloody knows because we don't have a coach who can coach then and improve them.
Pay not only can't coach, he is not loyal, truthful and a dumb ass dick at every presser. "Our defense is improving" Fuck off idiot. We have the most conceded metres in the game and average over 35 missed tackles a game.
I wont even start on that White Walker Anderson who haunts the halls with stupidity.

With this squad I have no doubt if we had a Bennett, Bellyache or Robinson we would be a lot better. They are just starter operators then Deputy Dumbass.
Most of us can handle losing if we are playing at our best, example against Melbourne this year. Freaking great game. With this squad.

So basically get Pay Out and get someone with a freaking clue and can manager people.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
All I have to say is fuck I wish Elliott would dance naked again , then we could talk about something else. (Getting boring) both sides rehashing the same shit 30 times a day.
The Kennel Was once a fun place to come and talk shit but this as stated is becoming boring real fast.
Sorry but that's my opinion and like the rest of you I am entitled to it.
Any way have a great day everyone cheers.

Reactions: 086

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yeah, all you so called fans who have been paying members for years on end, been buying merch, been going to or watching the games week after week, love seeing them win, hate seeing them lose, have devoted most of your life to following this club..... can just leave the kennel now and leave us handful of real fans to post among ourselves. You're a disgrace and how dare you voice your frustrations.

Last edited: