Opinion Reimis Smith

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he was playing in a top four team, with an elite half kicking to him, he would be a superstar.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found his post game comments strange. Said he only ever gets a few opportunities and needs to ensure he executes them. Either he is unhappy about getting hardly any ball or is Calling out for a positional change (centre maybe?)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Found his post game comments strange. Said he only ever gets a few opportunities and needs to ensure he executes them. Either he is unhappy about getting hardly any ball or is Calling out for a positional change (centre maybe?)
Yeah .. "I only get one or two touches a game so need to ice them".

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But in all seriousness one of the very few first grade material players in our line up. Should hold his head high this year. Hopefully the club gives him his worth and the kid sticks around for a premiership. Great potential and great prospect moving forward.
Rep player for sure. Put your house on it.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holding back on this one. He could do plenty more if he stopped believing his own hype and got in there and made it happen instead of sulking.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Good player, shame it took so long to get a run . Going forward he needs to mirror his game around Ferguson . His involvement and play the balls can improve. Has a huge upside going forward .

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's just the tip of the ice berg with him. He's got potential to be one of the best wingers in the game.

He needs to get more involved in the attack and Pay/halves have to find ways to get him more involved in attack.

For a team that struggles for points we should bomb to his side a lot more then we do hes phenomenal in the air.
We should have Okunbor in the side and practice bombs on the tryline to the tall wingers it’s proven that it works so why not do it more

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have Okunbor in the side and practice bombs on the tryline to the tall wingers it’s proven that it works so why not do it more
Absolutely, when Hightower is back from injury we will have 2 tall winners for Cogger to kick to.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What about moving Reimis into centre and push Montoya outside him on the wing?

Would give him a chance to get hands on ball more, and with the trend to leap and bat back balls, could work well for us.

On the other side Hoppa and Okunbor/Katoa.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he should be going in field looking for more work then. In Fridays game he came in field once, found a hole and created a nice off load.

Always saw Smith as a centre more than a winger, his got plenty of Hodges about him. Considering we have few decent wingers and no centres it wouldn't be a bad move if we can find some talent in house rather than purchasing it.

1. DWZ
2.Okunbor / Crighton
3.Hoppa
4.Smith
5.Montoya / Holland

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me he’s still a ‘high potential’ player rather than the star we’re craving in our back line.
He needs some better players around him and a coach that can tap into his value in our wing and get on the end of some decent footy inside him.
Needs to keep working though and it’s really important we pay him what he’s worth, no more no less.
Exactly right, he has huge potential, we just arent getting the best out of him right now.
We need better players around him and a better coach to get him in the game more.
I did notice he went looking for the ball more against the Knights for some tough carries coming out of our red zone which was good to see.

Its vital that we keep him happy, I dont like those post game comments, sounded negative.
Give the kid the ball!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His got everything we need as a player. Its good to see him get involved when he is able to. I think his work last year with holland was good for him and us. After watching him last year i thought he would be scoring heaps of tries this year. I hope he sticks around would luv to see him get some decent ball

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
His got everything we need as a player. Its good to see him get involved when he is able to. I think his work last year with holland was good for him and us. After watching him last year i thought he would be scoring heaps of tries this year. I hope he sticks around would luv to see him get some decent ball
He certainly dropped a sitter off the Hopoate back handed flick pass, that had try written all over it.

Go Dogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He certainly dropped a sitter off the Hopoate back handed flick pass, that had try written all over it.

Go Dogs
Yeah he did. He was in position but it was like he wasnt expecting it

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit to him for sticking loyal after waiting 2 years to get back into NRL after 2016 debut!
Trust he continues the faith through this tough time.
Recontract for 2021, right?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Worth persisting with. Smith could be anything with the right coach and players around him.