What I read from "so called fans" is appalling!

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I simply would like to make another statement which in previous threads I feel is not being understood.

In most cases I really feel that as a whole (the majority) are not taking into account that the Bulldogs team in 2019 is much less experienced on the field then they have been in the last 10 years.

It has been acknowledged from when DEAN PAY TOOK OVER that it will take atleast until the 2021 season for the TEAM to be able to have the opportunity to field a team that is potentially on paper to be consistently competitive.

If you take the fact of what players have left in the last 2 years and who have come in you then have to simply admit that the team on paper in 60 to 70 percent less experienced. Taking into consideration FORAN who is on approx 1 million a year has missed most games. Which then even tells a bigger story that the bulldogs on paper are a wooden spoon team regardless of who the coach is.

One must simply admit that the players on the field are limited in creativity, experience and ability.

As mentioned above it was ALWAYS known that the team wont have a winning team until 2021 due to a salary cap issue which was already existent before DEAN PAY took over. That is the FACT.

EVEN If you HAD THE BEST COACH in Bellamy with the same team and had to make same hard decisions to let go of all the players which PAY has let go then on the field it would be very similar situation.

PAY has not gone out and bought 8 origin stars like NEWCASTLE has or The TITANS have and then produced what the Bulldogs have on the field.

In reality considering the team on the field the Bulldogs have over achieved as it was all predicted before the start of the season the Bulldogs were the WOODEN SPOON team.

Mathematically the Bulldogs are 3 win out of the 8.

About 6 teams above only have 1 or 2 wins more then the Bulldogs.

-The dragons have 5 origin players

-The Broncos considered a top 4 team before season start.

-The sharks a team full of stars

-The knights a team being built for the last 5 years

-Titans have a team full off stars and currently last

-Penrith considered a chance for the title

-Cowboys have plenty of origin players

- raiders being built by stuart for 6 years now

-MANLY probably the quite over achievers

The point being is THE CURRENT EXPECTATIONS are contradictory to what everyone has predicted and expectations for where the Bulldogs are meant to be sitting on the ladder.

I feel the judgement of late is emotional based on passion and NOT On ACTUAL Fact and common agreement on the situation the Bulldogs are in which as mentioned above was agreed would be 2021 as when the team would be competitive.

SO SOME NOW have seem forgot that
SO SOME NOW are purely Blaming the Coach
SO SOME NOW want the COACH SACKED

PAY as a FIRST TIME Head coach has had to as a metaphor

1) Diagnose the problem
2) come up with solutions to fix the problem
3) make decision to remove the cancer
4) decide which medicine to buy to help repair the problem
5) start the hard recover process

And then BLAME HIM FOR WHAT is happening and say HE IS SHIT

Then you want a new coach and coming up with all these names because you all know best

Then that coach takes over without being part of the process and being part of that 2 years of sleepless nights and bang that coach has a full salary cap and 8 new players and want to then say after that
SEE PAY WAS SHIT

HANG ON regardless of the on field results.
PAY DESERVES THE CHANCE TO BE ALLOWED TO COACH UNTIL THE END OF 2021.

He has been here from the beginning of the heartache. LET HIM FINISH THE JOB HE HAS STARTED then judge him after it is finished.

Wake up to your self. Take off the blurred glasses and see the facts.

The JOB has only just started.
This is NOT THE FAULT OF ANY OF DEAN PAYs doings.

M.Zoabi

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool story.

I have no trust in Pay to make the best recruitment decisions moving forward or his ability to get the best out of any roster.
I have no doubts that players will not want to come and play under Pay and we'll pay massive overs for any that do.
I believe the clubs best interests is to move Pay on, and get in a coaching team who can build and improve a roster which will get us back to the top of the table and regular September footy.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed.

Every single rugby league expert/analyst was able to acknowledge everything you’ve just spoken of prior to Round 1, and pencilled us in as comfortable favourites for the wooden spoon.

Unfortunately the majority of this forum prefer to ignore reality and facts of the situation at hand and just want to have something/someone to be able to aim their e-pitchforks at.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool story.

I have no trust in Pay to make the best recruitment decisions moving forward or his ability to get the best out of any roster.
I have no doubts that players will not want to come and play under Pay and we'll pay massive overs for any that do.
I believe the clubs best interests is to move Pay on, and get in a coaching team who can build and improve a roster which will get us back to the top of the table and regular September footy.
Interesting take considering we just lured the New Zealand skipper to the club without having to pay massive overs, despite huge interest from an array of other clubs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
MANLY probably the quite over achievers
Quite the opposite, they have 4 x SOO players in DCE, Walker and Trbjovics x 2 plus 2 x test players in Fonua-Blake and Taupau. That's almost half a team of rep players.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite the opposite, they have 4 x SOO players in DCE, Walker and Trbjovics x 2 plus 2 x test players in Fonua-Blake and Taupau. That's almost half a team of rep players.

Go Dogs
We started last season with 4x soo players in the moz boys, jackson and hoppa plus 2x aust test props plus a kiwi half

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No decent coach will take over until our salary cap is fixed. It's to big of a risk at damaging their reputation. Early months I thought the best thing to do was give Pay 1 year with the 2021 roster, but reading other peoples thoughts it seems untenable to keep him on, even past this year. If he can win a few more of our last few games I think he'll be safe for next year too, but you never know.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting take considering we just lured the New Zealand skipper to the club without having to pay massive overs, despite huge interest from an array of other clubs.
Tigers didn't have the coin, DWZ didn't want to move the family to North QLD, Eels were the other club mentioned but they had Waqa Blake lined up.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Either way bargain for us. Hopefully keeps performing might earn himself a Fullback spot for years to come.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who has favourites like Adam Idiot or Chris Smith and chooses them over players like CHN, Rhys Martin, Renouf To'omaga, Ofa Ogden, is not a coach we need.
THIS ^^^

And many other reasons we don’t need pay as coach...!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We started last season with 4x soo players in the moz boys, jackson and hoppa plus 2x aust test props plus a kiwi half
Plus Klemmer, Woods, Mbye, Martin (PNG), Montoya (Fiji). Lichaa (Lebanon) ..........

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
More excuses. What we have is not being utilised anywhere near good enough, the improvement is no where near good enough, the systems put in place are now where near good enough...wins at the backend of the season don't change shit.

My mum could be coaching the dogs right now and I'd still tell her to fuck off and say she's shit, and I've only told her to fuck off once and that was when I made a fleshlight and was fucking it in my bedroom as a teenager and she walked in. Fucking hell.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More excuses. What we have is not being utilised anywhere near good enough, the improvement is no where near good enough, the systems put in place are now where near good enough...wins at the backend of the season don't change shit.

My mum could be coaching the dogs right now and I'd still tell her to fuck off and say she's shit, and I've only told her to fuck off once and that was when I made a fleshlight and was fucking it in my bedroom as a teenager and she walked in. Fucking hell.
Current board are full of excuses and justifications....they can go and get phucked I'll vote whomever takes them on at the next elections....Like in said a couple of weeks ago , if they think they will go to the next elections and win without a major sponsor ( looks likely now, shit I was right about kia walking) a marquee signing and pay as coach they are dreaming

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Manly needed to fix their defence, which hasler has done and all their rep players are at their peak of their powers

But to compare Manly's current crop to ours last season:-

Morris brothers - they're coming to the end of their careers and Brett was injury prone
Foran - injury prone last year and never given the time to recover
Woods - should never have been a representative prop and the fact that so many have passed him this year and last shows he never should have been a rep prop.

So that's 4 you can wipe off as rep players and in comparison to manly's crop.

Banned
Reaction score
Mike, please utilise that analytical skill of yours to our attacking, defensive games and the team morale/spirit.
After analysing those aspects of our team, I would be most surprised if you returned and agreed with your current statement!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Current board are full of excuses and justifications....they can go and get phucked I'll vote whomever takes them on at the next elections....Like in said a couple of weeks ago , if they think they will go to the next elections and win without a major sponsor ( looks likely now, shit I was right about kia walking) a marquee signing and pay as coach they are dreaming
Let's start with this, we have a full compliment of gear sponsors, whilst many NRL teams do not. We had little trouble attracting them and maybe one of them will step up to front of jersey. Writing it off with 8 months to go till next season is simply a poor attempt at desperately looking for a negative.

Many would consider DWZ a marquee signing, or close to it especially after the last couple of games, and again there is 8 months to go till next season and 32 months until the salary cap relief is complete. Going off a bit premature perhaps.

Lastly, how about some examples of "excuses" compared to genuine "reasons"?

Go Dogs

Banned
Reaction score
Let's start with this, we have a full compliment of gear sponsors, whilst many NRL teams do not. We had little trouble attracting them and maybe one of them will step up to front of jersey. Writing it off with 8 months to go till next season is simply a poor attempt at desperately looking for a negative.

Many would consider DWZ a marquee signing, or close to it especially after the last couple of games, and again there is 8 months to go till next season and 32 months until the salary cap relief is complete. Going off a bit premature perhaps.

Lastly, how about some examples of "excuses" compared to genuine "reasons"?

Go Dogs
Rumour has it KIA is gone.
Apparently even to the extent they're willing to change the colour of their logo for their new team from the red we're stuck with.

Who's replacing them, Durkah Durkah yeeros in Belmore?
Small time sponsors are good, yet marquee sponsors don't appear to be sticking around.
Jaycar left after years, KIA is supposedly leaving after a short time, Canterbury/CCC who are a perfect match as clothing sponsors didn't even stay!
Does above not at least suggest to you, that there's issues within the club?

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Holy shit Nabs hahahaha chicken soup is now running out my nose & all over my computer screen.....getting strange look from office lady!!!!