News Folkes Autopsy

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The risk reward for being a nrl player isn’t worth it.

Better off going to union or going to the USA and trying one of their sports

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely if it's degenerative to brain tissue, then modern MRI technology doing a cross sectional scan should show it easily. Even if its fluid build up.

Given they can do 3D MRIs surely it's possible.

Maybe the solution is after each season NRL players are to get MRI scans done and compared to previous seasons. This would pick up any changes in the brain and lead to furthur investigation.

Theyd all have it youd think geez i hope league doesn’t end up with helmets
League already has "helmets" involved with it.

upload_2019-7-14_13-40-40.png

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure, that Brett Finch, Anasta, Roach, Alexander have CTE.

They way they call a game & act, it's so obvious.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still love and remember his speech back at the Leagues after our 04 GF win... "I just like to say, we're number 1"

Accurate and straight to the point.

Plus he passed the trophy for me to lift it.
Folkes always reminded me of my own father

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a ticking timebomb.

Whilst folkes was a tough player, he was not known for being in huge collisions every game such as Chief Harrogon or Spud Carroll for instance. If someone like him has it, most players would have it.
100%
Has Ray Price donated his brain?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
100%
Has Ray Price donated his brain?
ray price currently needs his brain to think

the amount of disrespect towards folkes on the kennel was crazy, imagine him reading a bunch of niff nuffs explain why the club needs to move on and then complain over the next 10 years that the club moved on, that is enough for anyone to develop cte

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just dont understand why all the smiles in the photo..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ray price currently needs his brain to think

the amount of disrespect towards folkes on the kennel was crazy, imagine him reading a bunch of niff nuffs explain why the club needs to move on and then complain over the next 10 years that the club moved on, that is enough for anyone to develop cte
100%
I hated when our club dumped folkes
I wanted him to be our Wayne bennett

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
100%
I hated when our club dumped folkes
I wanted him to be our Wayne bennett
phil gould in 2007 started talking about our style being outdated and then suddenly almost everyone on the kennel forms an opinion that our style was outdated

they should rename bulldogs discussion to sheep discussion, a place to repeat whatever channel 9 says

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done to Steve's family for allowing this research and trying to help other people in the future.

In the NFL you're seeing retired players become suicidal because of the effects of concussions they've been suffering from for years after their careers are over. It's a huge issue that shouldn't be taken lightly and the more research that's done, the better.

Every player should be stood down automatically for two weeks if they have to be forced from the game due to concussion symptoms. Allowing them to play the next week, even if they pass their "tests" only puts them at further risk.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
phil gould in 2007 started talking about our style being outdated and then suddenly almost everyone on the kennel forms an opinion that our style was outdated

they should rename bulldogs discussion to sheep discussion, a place to repeat whatever channel 9 says
I remember that
If memory serves me correctly we were playing parra
And we were getting beaten and I think a young inu got up smiling after getting hit hard by our forwards
And Gus started crapping on about how these new young guys coming through were not intimidated by the big bulldog forward pack
And how the game has moved on and we were out dated blah blah blah

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I remember that
If memory serves me correctly we were playing parra
And we were getting beaten and I think a young inu got up smiling after getting hit hard by our forwards
And Gus started crapping on about how these new young guys coming through were not intimidated by the big bulldog forward pack
And how the game has moved on and we were out dated blah blah blah
yes that's exactly what happened, the bulldogs and the kennel got tricked by gould

it worked because we are currently playing the parramatta style on the bottom of the table

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yes that's exactly what happened, the bulldogs and the kennel got tricked by gould

it worked because we are currently playing the parramatta style on the bottom of the table
You know
We have been rebuilding ever since

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pains me to say it, but Turvey needs to be checked, if he hasn't already.
I've long thought he's suffering through some sort of degenerative brain injury.
I worry for the likes of Geoff Toovey as well. He used to have a strange, intense and blank look in his eyes, during the press conferences when he was coach.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder what action will taken.. if any. We can't just make the players wear big helmets and you literally can't soften the game up any more or else you might as well just make it a game of touch. Also damage to the brain can occur without any contact to the head so I think the NRL's hands are tied on this one as they can't just eliminate all tackling.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Helmets dont help. Look at NFL
Much of the research says that helmets made it worse as defensive players no longer feared getting a knock on the head. So they hit harder, causing higher impact forces to both themselves and the offence players that they are tackling.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Much of the research says that helmets made it worse as defensive players no longer feared getting a knock on the head. So they hit harder, causing higher impact forces to both themselves and the offence players that they are tackling.

Go Dogs
What if all players wore motorbike helmets ??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What if all players wore motorbike helmets ??
Full face of course, that way at least we wouldn't have to look at their ugly mugs.
Stop the cauliflower ears too, bonus.
Bet Bellamy would want speakers in every helmet so he could scream instructions.

Go Dogs