Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think youll find the real reason is he is really good mates with hoppa/remis smith and his dad tyran manages all of them i think they all wanted to play together and his dad made it happen
As well as the above the other two clubs ijntrested were Nth Qld and the Tigers. he didn't want to move to Queensland and the tigers weren't able to make cap space. I'm very happy he's at the club but it was circumstances that saw him end up here.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate this guy. Love the way he plays. Gonna be a great signing for us.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are so lucky to have him will be a world class fb and will lift the whole team and he seems to love the club

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think youll find the real reason is he is really good mates with hoppa/remis smith and his dad tyran manages all of them i think they all wanted to play together and his dad made it happen
I'm sure those reasons were part of it.

But the quotes from DWZ were: "It was a decision best for my wife and kids and where I could better myself. The meeting I had with Dean Pay, I know I can do a job for him and take my game to another level through him. It was very appealing, what he said. There were a few clubs in the mix. At end of the day, the decision I made was one of the happiest and best we've made as a family. I feel here I can not only excel as a player but excel as a person and my family excel as people. I have two kids I want to give the best life, and I feel the Bulldogs will give that to them.''

DWZ had no reason to credit Pay, but he did.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent signing, has been fantastic for us. Showing the heart and commitment that we expect from Doggies players but has been sadly missing the last few years. He looks like a real leader and I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up as our captain at some stage. Once Okenbur is back, our back 3 will provide us with alot of go forward. Hopefully DWZ can teach Okenbur a few things and turn him into a beast

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Runs so hard that I fear for his health every hitup. Him and CHN are the cornerstone of what we need to build around

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent signing considering we didn’t have to give anyone major up for this

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh he was very good, would be nice if he had the ball playing ability that you need from top fullbacks today. If you could merge him and Hoppa then you'd have probably one of the best players in the game.
Nah, knowing our luck, we would end up with DWZs hands and Hoppa's pace :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

But the quotes from DWZ were: "It was a decision best for my wife and kids and where I could better myself. The meeting I had with Dean Pay, I know I can do a job for him and take my game to another level through him. It was very appealing, what he said. There were a few clubs in the mix. At end of the day, the decision I made was one of the happiest and best we've made as a family. I feel here I can not only excel as a player but excel as a person and my family excel as people. I have two kids I want to give the best life, and I feel the Bulldogs will give that to them.''

Do you expect him to say 'Dean seemed a bit like tits on a bull, but with the Tigers not having the cap space, the missus not wanting to move to NQ, I didn't have any other options to get on a team before the June 30 cut off'

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you expect him to say 'Dean seemed a bit like tits on a bull, but with the Tigers not having the cap space, the missus not wanting to move to NQ, I didn't have any other options to get on a team before the June 30 cut off'
If we are into hypotheticals, then could have easily stayed at Penrith and collected his contract or sat out the rest of the season or played union or gone to Super League. We can hypothesise all we like, but the fact is he chose us from all of the other options.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not that the Board knockers will ever admit to it but keeping ~5% of the salary cap free and saving $'s on the Klemmer versus Napa swap were what enabled DWZ to be signed.

Go Dogs
Lol what. I think most of us argued to NOT sign Napa at all and hold the cash for a better option.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whatever he has I hope it rubs off.
Supporting the ball and the will to win.
The only thing I can fault is the dropped ball from kicks, that can be fixed.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

no reason to credit your new employer you say LOL.. ok

Especially after having a tumultuous relationship with your previous coach, it would be a very smart move blowing wind up your new bosses ass.

anyway no one has ever said Pay is a bad bloke .. he just aint no strategist and selects poor squads, and isn't up to the top job