Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least the titans got it right and realised Garth needed to go, this club needs to make that same decision and sack pay ASAP..!!
Ok.... yay the titans... everyone just needs to be patient, my gosh imagine we were the knights for 3 years in a row and loosing by 50 every game, because that’s exagtly what everyone is acting like... it’s as if no one saw us being in the bottom 4 this year..... smh

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We might be more appealing than the Titans. But we have a coach and the Titans dont.
Where theres smoke...
Both Pay and Brennan had a similar winning percentage and a similar number of games coached (I believe they were both at 40 games coached and 30 percent wins).

One club saw the light and moved their coach on, lets hope our board do the same thing, some people just aren't cut out to be coaches despite their supporters making every excuse under the sun.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both Pay and Brennan had a similar winning percentage and a similar number of games coached (I believe they were both at 40 games coached and 30 percent wins).

One club saw the light and moved their coach on, lets hope our board do the same thing, some people just aren't cut out to be coaches despite their supporters making every excuse under the sun.
Pretty much exactly what I just said mate, amen lol.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Titans built a squad for Brennan, they made signings in an unrestricted salary cap... im not saying pay is the answer BUT the board haven’t even started their recruitment process, they too are in shackles when it comes to cap movement ... lynne Anderson said we aren’t out of the deep sea yet and people want to be conspiracy theorists and not believe her and feed BS on this forum

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Titans built a squad for Brennan, they made signings in an unrestricted salary cap... im not saying pay is the answer BUT the board haven’t even started their recruitment process, they too are in shackles when it comes to cap movement ... lynne Anderson said we aren’t out of the deep sea yet and people want to be conspiracy theorists and not believe her and feed BS on this forum
Rainbows and lollipops!! Where’s horse :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm completely patient with the process, the thing that worries me is Pay is retained for another year and he has a say in the players for 2021. I'm very concerned with the players he's recruited, I know they're low end signing but they were still pathetic. Critchton, Clay Priest, Olive even Napa to an extent.

If we're able to bring on someone like Holbrook now we can do one re-build, the last thing I want is talking about rebuild 2.0 when Pay is moved on after recruiting players another coach doesn't want, similar to what the tigers are going through.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently on channel 9 some reporter stated that titans next coach is a Queenslander ??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we can send Pay to the Titans :D

Kevvie makes a good point. Crowds have bottomed out, and they need to pick someone that turns around form and draws crowds quickly. If not they are ripe for a relocation to Ipswich/Toowoomba.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/9dbcb9f8e66d47886edc06bdce2331c9
Queensland coach Kevin Walters has ruled himself out of contention for the vacant Gold Coast Titans job.
The Maroons State of Origin coach told Fox Sports he still had unfinished business with the Queensland team.
“I’m still committed to Queensland for the next 18 months and that’s what my heart is telling me,” Walters said.

He also said he was not interested in taking on an NRL job at the moment with unfinished business with Queensland.

“Not at the moment, as I say, the Origin consumes me, it’s only just finished as we know, and I love the opportunity that I’ve been given to coach Queensland. I know we can get back on top and I want to be apart of that and that’ll be my drive for the next 12 months.”

As for who will coach the Titans, Walters said the club needs to make their next move carefully.

“They need to take their time to get the right person in that position. It’s a big role for someone, it’ll be a good role for someone coming in. They’ve battled all along, since their inception way back in 1988 to get a footprint on the Gold Coast. it’s a tough one but it’ll also be a good opportunity for a coach coming in. Who that is, I’ll leave that up to the Titans.”

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi folks....New here...Pommie....and im from St Helens. So you guys are after our coach and our prop eh? Any questions you wanna ask ...go for it.
How long until they both come ? $$$

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi folks....New here...Pommie....and im from St Helens. So you guys are after our coach and our prop eh? Any questions you wanna ask ...go for it.
Done deal ?? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How has Thompson played a million games already? Did he debut when he was like 5? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is Thompson any good? Is there any word over your way that we are landing them? Or titans for that matter?

Banned
Reaction score
So Kevin Walters is basically saying that the Titans are a basket case that he wants nothing to do with?
Great way for a Queenslander to support a fellow Queensland side!

Banned
Reaction score
He could talk about his own future employment contract, which isn’t directly coaching, but not player retention/enlisting which is part of a coaches role.

Makes sense to me. If he was unsure, he should’ve gotten written confirmation from the nrl.
You do realise how stupid that comment sounds, right?
It's akin to you being allowed to discuss the topic of employment benefits without discussing numbers!
Ludicrous and anyone that sees it otherwise is blinded by their hatred for the guy!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Kevin Walters is basically saying that the Titans are a basket case that he wants nothing to do with?
Great way for a Queenslander to support a fellow Queensland side!
I think that's pretty accurate. Queensland could turn around and appoint someone else after 2 series lost so he's no guarantee to be there next year, him not considering the role is a huge slap in the face to the titans.

They also have alot of cap tied up in some pretty average players, the next coach has a big task in front of them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We could be competing against the Dragons for a coach soon as well surely Mary gets the bullet if they don’t improve.