Opinion So Where Does This Leave Lachlan Lewis?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I kind of think many kennelers are being a bit hard on Lewis... he has a good footy brain... cut him some slack... he fired well last year and everyone jizzed in their pants... the whole team was (and still is) sub par earlier this year. I will bet my house that as soon as wakehams form drops (and it will happen) everyone will pull out the "told you so". I am one of the minority that still thinks Lewis could be a good 6... just needs the right mentoring.
Difference is that Wakeham has the skillset already there to continue developing, Lewis doesn't. Lewis has always been extremely limited in terms of halves play, this isn't anything new. No running game, no game management, average kicking game and no real ball playing ability....so what is there?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I was there too, 7yrs old, with my dad... kingswood parked at the fence. They were the days, proper hot dogs, those red peanuts, a couple of bucks to get in... I would mark the penalties and scrums in big league magazine... my dad had this thermos with coffee in it... I can still remember games in the 80s at Belmore, Henson, Leichhardt and even Penrith all so well.
I remember that ground having a small grandstand,but this big hill that just rapped right around
What about the old Redfern Oval,made a couple of trips out there.
No coffee shops back then.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully they release him average at best thats why he was at 4 different clubs before bulldogs

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nil/Nil bluebag game was in 82 asked my uncle he was there he never missed a game in the 80s

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nil/Nil bluebag game was in 82 asked my uncle he was there he never missed a game in the 80s
Who would miss a game back in the 80s,
We had a real team that didn’t loose too many
They had skill,toughness and fought till that final whistle

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see Lewis play some games in NSW Cup and work on his game. The last time I saw him play he through some terrible passes and his kicking game wasn’t much better.
Looks a long way from first grade at the moment

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis plays more like Foran. Direct and at the line.
Wakeham plays more like Cogger. Back from the line and more expansive (but in Wakehams case can also take it deep to the line).

There were rumours going around Wakeham was meant to play at hooker.

Not sure he'd work there.