Opinion So Where Does This Leave Lachlan Lewis?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with your thoughts on Wakeham. He will be promised a spot once Foran leaves. In the meantime he can develop his game and step up when an injury occurs.
I think Lewis will partner Wakeham eventually.
Next year cogger and Foran will make up the halves by the looks of it
Why would you think Lewis is the future in the halves & not Cogger?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fun dilemma with Lewis, Cogger, Wakeham. None are stars yet. All inexperienced. All are about the same in skill imo. All better at something than the others, like Lewis has the most x factor of the 3. But Lewis also has the worst kicking game of the 3. And more errors.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes what a great year 1980, I Remember jumping up like I was on springs when Steve Gearin scored that try!!!
Same.

Ted Glossop was my school principal at Picnic Point High that year - I was in year 7.

I remember us all applauding as he stood in front of assembly on his first day back at school following the GF.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis was meant to be at the Loyalty event last night at the Waterview Cafe in Homebush. He didn't show up. I wonder if his time with us is done. The kid is a footballer. He needs to be in the side. He might make the odd mistake but he makes things happen and it would be insane to let him go. He helped kickstart the team at the end of last season and although he hasn't been at his best this year, he was hardly worse than Cogger.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like watching Lachy play the game. Sure he hasn’t had a good year. But on repeat efforts alone he deserves a spot in the 17. I’d like to see him in the 14 at the back end of the season.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Same.

Ted Glossop was my school principal at Picnic Point High that year - I was in year 7.

I remember us all applauding as he stood in front of assembly on his first day back at school following the GF.
Wow....good memory for a Canterbury supporter.
Ted Glossop couldn't of had too many spare minutes during the week. School principal & Head Coach.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no way Wakeham should go back to reserves to work on his defence and size.

The situation weare currently in is absolutely perfect for Wakeham.

We are over half way through the season, and we are no chance of making the 8 and everyone is tipping us for the spoon. There is absolutely no pressure on Wakeham and the kid can play his game with no expectations whatsoever.

There is no future for Lewis in the halves. He needs to bide his time in Cup and work on his running game and bulk up. Boy needs to work on those hip flexor muscles and move into the second row or lock in a couple years of time

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way Wakeham should go back to reserves to work on his defence and size.

The situation weare currently in is absolutely perfect for Wakeham.

We are over half way through the season, and we are no chance of making the 8 and everyone is tipping us for the spoon. There is absolutely no pressure on Wakeham and the kid can play his game with no expectations whatsoever.

There is no future for Lewis in the halves. He needs to bide his time in Cup and work on his running game and bulk up. Boy needs to work on those hip flexor muscles and move into the second row or lock in a couple years of time
Lewis will be the closest thing to.terry lamb down the track

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis was meant to be at the Loyalty event last night at the Waterview Cafe in Homebush. He didn't show up. I wonder if his time with us is done. The kid is a footballer. He needs to be in the side. He might make the odd mistake but he makes things happen and it would be insane to let him go. He helped kickstart the team at the end of last season and although he hasn't been at his best this year, he was hardly worse than Cogger.
I wouldn't read too much into that.

That’s one line break from 3 years ago in under 20s where defence is optional.
So where do you play him then?

Fullback - NO (better options already).
Wing - NO (better options already).
Centre - ??
Halfback - ?? Contention with Foran / Wakeham / Cogger / Brown.
Five-Eighth - ?? Contention with Foran / Wakeham / Cogger / Brown.
Prop - NO (not heavy enough / wrong body type).
Hooker - ?? Too Tall and contended (Brown / Lichaa / JMK).
Second Row - NO (not heavy enough / wrong body type).
Lock - NO (not heavy enough / wrong body type).

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I kind of think many kennelers are being a bit hard on Lewis... he has a good footy brain... cut him some slack... he fired well last year and everyone jizzed in their pants... the whole team was (and still is) sub par earlier this year. I will bet my house that as soon as wakehams form drops (and it will happen) everyone will pull out the "told you so". I am one of the minority that still thinks Lewis could be a good 6... just needs the right mentoring.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No it wasn’t that far back
How old do you think I am,please
Lol
It was in the early eighties,the weather was horrible and pretty sure was played on a Saturday afternoon
1982 to be exact,
Strange that people could park their cars inside the ground at one end.
Yep, I was there too, 7yrs old, with my dad... kingswood parked at the fence. They were the days, proper hot dogs, those red peanuts, a couple of bucks to get in... I would mark the penalties and scrums in big league magazine... my dad had this thermos with coffee in it... I can still remember games in the 80s at Belmore, Henson, Leichhardt and even Penrith all so well.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish I could tell him but he passed 30th August last year.
I live in Melbourne so only been to a couple of games this season but bought a ticket for him both times.
I'm a bit older than you, my very first live game was the 1976 prelim final against Manly at the SCG. Dad bought me one of those rolled up paper streamers you threw out when the team ran on....haha old school.
Fuck I loved those streamers!!!!!!