Wakeham??

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was very worried about his defence leading into this game
Watching him in nsw cup and sharks last week, I though ramien guna run straight over him
He put his hand up tonight defensively and proved me wrong
That’s the best I’ve ever seen him defend
Well done

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panic purchase please. He was a kid that showed promise that was signed long term cheap. That’s not a panic purchase that’s smart. Yeah the kid hasn’t set the world on fire this season but he’s been one of the more dependable players in this horrible season
And can kick goals

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He pings his kicks off the boot and get more distance than cogger.plus cogger needs to improve his grubber kicks , doesn't seem to know where to kick , against the sharks it went straight to sharks player who nearly ran 90m to score, did a few times against the knights. maybe give wakeham a go....

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch this kid he’s going to be a star believe me .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He surprised me last night. I thought he had a solid game. But that pass for CHN was fucking mint. The poise and class he showed was very impressive. Seems like a cheeky little **** as well. How about him offering the water to Gavet when DWZ was down for cramp. Hahaha
I think they know each other given Wakehams been around the club forever.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to him play the rest of season alongside Foran. However, it won't be happening.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching him in nsw cup and sharks last week, I though ramien guna run straight over him
Well done
He gets in there the little shit.. Tough kid. For some reason I keep seeing Polla-mounter in him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to him play the rest of season alongside Foran. However, it won't be happening.
Was thinking that earlier. His obviously the best young half we have... Would be nice to see him get the mentoring on field with Foran.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He pings his kicks off the boot and get more distance than cogger.plus cogger needs to improve his grubber kicks , doesn't seem to know where to kick , against the sharks it went straight to sharks player who nearly ran 90m to score, did a few times against the knights. maybe give wakeham a go....
That's where a halves coach like Noddy comes in.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham is the first glimmer of actual halves talent I’ve seen at the dogs since sherwin/JT.

Cogger is a poor man’s hodkinson.

I really want to see foran/Wakeham combo with cogger at utility. Cogger’s running game could be very effective coming on late against tired defenders. But Wakeham is who we should focus on developing.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised the majority of people said that Wakeham isn't ready physically for FG right now.

From what I saw against Cronulla and said at the time, he didn't look over matched physically and was also composed. He's now had a great second game where he defended well, handled the physicality and speed easily, especially against a big pack and top 8 team on the road...

He should play the rest of the season as he's proven he's up to it and looks better than Cogger already. I'm very impressed with how well he's handled first grade so far.
He didn’t t look physically ready but I can’t fault and can only praise him with what I have seen so far for a developing player. I would love to see him play out the season the way he is going.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do believe i said hes done everything asked of him and will surprise alot on here,he has a big heart and plays above his weight like jt did ,his kicking and passing game are very good

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have some good prospects atm
Maybe some better days ahead
I hope we can be ultra competitive for the rest of the year

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kid goes good.

We havent had a prospect in the halves like Wakeham in a very long time

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done
Agree mate. Halves don't need to be gun defenders, just never back off and show some extra guts against the big blokes when needed. He showed can do that.

I'd have Wakeham as bench utility when Foran comes back and maybe he can put pressure on Cogger for a starting spot before the season ends. I still think Cogger has a lot of improvement in him and has been playing well, but I reckon Wakeham will prove to be the better player of the two pretty soon.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham is the first glimmer of actual halves talent I’ve seen at the dogs since sherwin/JT.

Cogger is a poor man’s hodkinson.

I really want to see foran/Wakeham combo with cogger at utility. Cogger’s running game could be very effective coming on late against tired defenders. But Wakeham is who we should focus on developing.
Can Cogger play hooker?
I would give him a run there next year...