DWZ appreciation thread

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me it's just refreshing having a fullback return the ball the way he does. Those strong runs, the way he is prepared to throw the long ball to his winger to open up space, the way he looks up and goes for the gap, puts his body on the line.

His support play around the rucks is awesome as well, something Meaney has no idea on doing.

Meaney is nothing compared to him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was immense tonight. He was all over the park and was linking up well with everyone and creating something out of nothing constantly. This is what a fullback should provide and it further illustrates how bad Meaney was when we now see the difference each week.

And to think just weeks ago many people were calling for Meaney to stay at fullback and to shift DWZ to wing or centre...

DWZ changes the whole dynamic of the team. If the club ever signed a good hooker then we might win even more games.
I’d like to persist with him at Fullback, moving him to Centre wing he isn’t involved enough and will lose these Epic 100 mile an hour returns. He was everywhere and looking to link up at every chance.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His an inspiration to our team. From the first game he played his been running like that. The way he hits the defence i wonder how he gets back up. One tough player so glad he is a dogs player. Great signing by the club. Cannot wait to see him running like that receiving a decent pass from someone into a gap

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havent seen a fullback that returns a ball like that in a long time. He doesnt give a shit about his body

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but has his talk at the back been noticeable from the back on ground? Our defence seems to have improved since he moved here.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but has his talk at the back been noticeable from the back on ground? Our defence seems to have improved since he moved here.
Yeah on page 2, just one person though

I was at the game and wow you just wanted him to take the ball up every play. He is a big talker and a leader on the park organising defence.
I can see why he was NZ captain. He is a keeper.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna have to say he is the best signing we have made in a very very long time, as influentual as James Graham’s first year in 2012

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also Andrew hill has “confirmed” that he did meet with Luke Thompson from St. Helens , but denied meeting Justin Holbrook.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We need to build the entire team around this guy. He has set the benchmark for attitude, intensity and that determination to compete on every play.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ is what happens when you sign very good experienced FGers..