Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can avoid the spoon for 2 years running with the garbage that we’ve been going through, then it’s a minor fucking miracle, and just maybe there is something to be said for Pay...but it ain’t his ability to structure attack, or teach players basic skills and match awareness because on those fronts we are sadly lacking!!
Maybe he’s like Meninga was for QLD, a guy you want to play for, but needs to leave leave the technical shit to someone else...all I know is that we can’t have the same faces in the coaches box next year, we need a brain infusion drastically!

GirthGorilla

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we can avoid the spoon for 2 years running with the garbage that we’ve been going through, then it’s a minor fucking miracle, and just maybe there is something to be said for Pay...but it ain’t his ability to structure attack, or teach players basic skills and match awareness because on those fronts we are sadly lacking!!
Maybe he’s like Meninga was for QLD, a guy you want to play for, but needs to leave leave the technical shit to someone else...all I know is that we can’t have the same faces in the coaches box next year, we need a brain infusion drastically!
Best post in a while.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Na fuck that, we should never have been dead last to begin with. The quality of NRL sides today is hardly anything great.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's becoming obvious by tonights game against the Knights that the team isn't as bad as you reckon so it's not that...the buck stops with the coach when you're also rans.
I think it’s becoming obvious by this nights game against the Knights that it’s not the coach but the quality players that we lack. Look at the difference adding just DWZ has made, imagine the difference that 2 or 3 more impact players would make.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook future at St Helens hangs in the balance

Justin Holbrook believes a decision will be made on his future as St Helens head coach within the next couple of weeks.

The Australian’s deal as Saints boss expires at the end of the season, but the Super League leaders are keen to extend Holbrook’s contract.

But with NRL sides Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury Bulldogs reportedly looking at Holbrook, his future remains up in the air.

Saints beat rivals Wigan 32-10 on Friday night and the home fans were signing ‘Justin Holbrook, we want you stay’ after the full-time hooter sounded.

Speaking after the game, Holbrook said: “I’ve got no update from the other day.

“I appreciate the fans and it was great to hear them singing my name after the game, it gets me a bit emotional after the game, that’s for sure.

“I’ve got no update, so we will see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

“I don’t get distracted at all and I don’t think I ever will to be honest. I love what I do, I love the position I’m in and I’m always going to enjoy it.

“It’s great [to be wanted] and I’ve got the players to thank for that because of how well they are playing. They make my job easier.”

Saints captain James Roby was set to make his comeback in the derby after having groin surgery but pulled out the day before the match.

Young back-rower James Bentley filled Roby’s role at hooker, and Holbrook liked what he saw of Bentley.

He added: “Robes trained with us this week and he wanted to play as expected but it was the smarter decision to leave him out.

“The reason why he got an operation was so he could play pain-free and if he would have played then he would have been in discomfort, so we decided not to take that risk this week.

“Bentos is playing great at the moment. He is competing so hard and it’s great to have him in the side.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/justin-holbrook-future-at-st-helens-hangs-in-the-balance/

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it’s becoming obvious by this nights game against the Knights that it’s not the coach but the quality players that we lack. Look at the difference adding just DWZ has made, imagine the difference that 2 or 3 more impact players would make.
Other clubs have got the best out of those players though.... not to mention who signed those players.

Pay isn't the sole problem, but is part of it. I think he's on borrowed time.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
We actually have good talent in this squad, pay cannot get the best out of any of them it’s pretty clear

Banned
Reaction score
We actually have good talent in this squad, pay cannot get the best out of any of them it’s pretty clear
Out of our squad, name the players that are good enough to at least attract interest from another club to poach them from us please.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of our squad, name the players that are good enough to at least attract interest from another club to poach them from us please.
Dwz,Reims Smith, chn,will Hopoate, josh Jackson,ofahiki Ogden, renouf toomaga,sue, mariner

Banned
Reaction score
A few I agree with, yet I feel that you're optimistic, particularly for the money that they would be seeking.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Reported on "Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs News" on facebook.

CANTERBURY boss Andrew Hill confirmed that he travelled to Manchester to meet with Luke Thompson. The tough prop is regarded as one of the hottest forwards in the rugby league world. Additionally, Hill denied meeting with Saints coach Justin Holbrook to replace Dean. #NRL

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely we are talking to holbrook,ill be very disappointed if we are not

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven’t they heard of a telephone or email? Seems a long way to go to negotiate. Thompson must be in the bag if he went all the way over there or it’s a smoke screen for something else.....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Haven’t they heard of a telephone or email? Seems a long way to go to negotiate. Thompson must be in the bag if he went all the way over there or it’s a smoke screen for something else.....
Hopefully 2 birds 1 stone. Maybe the personal meeting might be enough to show how we do things and get his signature. Always love pommie forwards.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That guys a bullshitter. Page is run by a kid who bans anyone who dares call bullshit on the crap he makes up.

Probably went over there to catch the Spice Girls on their Reunion Tour.