Reaction score
37 minutes
8 runs for 86m
25 post contact metres
1 tackle break
1 strip
23 tackles
0 missed tackles

That's his stats for the game, would've been nice to see him take another 2-3 runs and break the 100m mark. Decent numbers for his first game this season and enough to build off. Think the goal next week should be to limit his minutes a little and bring him on later in the first half and try and lift his intensity, that then gives him the break at halftime to recover and go again. Can then inject him again later in the game if the opportunity arises.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did we play him at second row? Because the bloke is NOT a first grade prop, he's a wide running second rower/lock at best. Play him there and he will shine.
He could be used as cross between Jurbo and Taumolo at lock...but we need frontrowers. Tolman too small and Napa too dumb.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone notice RT standing up in the sheds at HT with Pay talking? Think Pay pulled him up in front of the team hence the better second half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone notice RT standing up in the sheds at HT with Pay talking? Think Pay pulled him up in front of the team hence the better second half.
Good, about time he did some coaching.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
37 minutes
8 runs for 86m
25 post contact metres
1 tackle break
1 strip
23 tackles
0 missed tackles

That's his stats for the game, would've been nice to see him take another 2-3 runs and break the 100m mark. Decent numbers for his first game this season and enough to build off. Think the goal next week should be to limit his minutes a little and bring him on later in the first half and try and lift his intensity, that then gives him the break at halftime to recover and go again. Can then inject him again later in the game if the opportunity arises.
Yeah I think Pay had no choice but to give him big minutes due to two props injuries early

Otherwise he would’ve got 7 minutes lol

I reckon he will have a monster game next week with his confidence high after that win

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid loses 5-7kg and he will be a beast in the nrl. I think his biggest issues has been nerves get the better of him but when he carts it up he gets great post contact meters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I think Pay had no choice but to give him big minutes due to two props injuries early

I reckon he will have a monster game next week with his confidence high after that win
Yh surely he holds his spot, though I'm concerned that Pay didn't mention him in the presser yet at the same time said Smith done well even though he missed 10 tackles in the first half... Lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Coming on with Ogden will be VERY interesting.... They have been a lethal combo in state cup for years now. Time to bring it to the big stage boys.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kid loses 5-7kg and he will be a beast in the nrl. I think his biggest issues has been nerves get the better of him but when he carts it up he gets great post contact meters
Doesnt need to lose any weight, its just the hair.

If there is anyone who needs to lose a few kegs its Napa

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he did all that can be expected of a young forward. The 100% defence was telling. I really like the kid.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The afro is where he gets his strength... as his afro grew so did his performances in NSW Cup.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Real glad he's getting another run in first grade. Hopefully he can bring his Cup form into firsts and stay at that level. Some real positive signs in RT. Loved that strip too!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played well and started coming into his own towards the end after getting tired early... That's a good sign that he pushed through the fatigue and came out the other side.

His late footwork before the line is impressive and he has a tonne of talent. Now let's hope he AND Ogden play 40 minutes each the rest of the season. Both of them really could be two long term props for us if they're handled right.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He took a while to get into the game but when he did I thought he played really good. Shows a lot of promise but needs someone to encourage him continually during the game. I am not an Elliott fan but I thought he played well when he came on. Keep it up Bulldogs.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
First 10 mins he was on, he didnt get the chance to touch the ball, the ball bypassed him so many times. I was getting so angry. Then when he finally got that first touch, he got the nerves out of the way and he had a decent game for debutant

He did look a bit lost out there at times standing wide off the ruck but i put it down to Pays shit coaching.

I believe this kid has a great future along with Ogden and a Fainu/Parcell/cook type of Hooker and any coach besides Pay.

Love the afro as well, reminds us all of Mason but that's a good thing, stands out and can be a massive fan favorite if he continues to play well

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too'maga has a lot of talent. He will progress with time. ATM he needs to concentrate on his amount of involvement.
He sometimes seems happy to just stand there and let the others do the work.
He has a very good former forward as his coach and he will get the best from him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As others have said he took som etime to get involved and got better as the game went on. the issue for both he and Ogden are the repeat efforts, particularly in defence - they both bend the line, offload and create points - hopefully with confidence and experience the repeat efforts and consistency in defence will be their standard.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another few games he will get used to the pace of the game too. Cup is pretty slow compared to nrl