Official Official Origin Game 3 Teams and Discussion

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Over the moon with the result last night.

But one thing I can't get over is just how terrible Maloney was. I really like him as a player and a personality, and going back a few years he was a game breaking player.

But he seems to have now become maybe the worst defender in the NRL? Also seems to offer next to nothing in attack. Also gives away a 5hitloads of penalties in the ruck.

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't he the QLD Premier once?
Lucky Ferguson went wide and put his foot down, wish our wingers would back themselves.
And yes, the Government is corrupt, again.
Peter Beattie, is the former Premier of Queensland, from 1996 to 2007.
He is the current chair of the (Queensland) AustralianRugby League commission.
Fucker was born in Sydney too!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone think Pearce running around the back of his teammate for last try ws questionable.. usually players hit the ground at NRL after doing that..
Actually for both of Teddy’s tries Pearce caught the ball on the inside shoulder of the decoy. Both could’ve been pulled up I thought. Thank god they didn’t
Edit: he was actually in front of the man for the last try

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to know what Mcguire said to Fergo at half time.

Alot of shit gets said on field, but when you get a reaction like that and have the media talking about it the next day, you'd have to think Mcguire crossed the line.

The NRL worry about their public image more than anything, yet this grub seems to be in the papers more often than not recently, and it's never a positive story.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Cordner is captain? He does fuck all! And i dont see him being loud and passionate ala Graham for example. Also both 2nd half tries for Qld were from his shit house defending! He just stood there for the papali try and bounced off McGuire like a little bitch.

Jackson shits on him in edge defending all day!! I'm not saying Jacko should be captain (far from it lol) buy he is def a better defensive option than Cordner.

And it's not like Cordner lights up the attack either. 2 years did fuck all. Frizzel and Murray shit on him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Cordner is captain? He does fuck all! And i dont see him being loud and passionate ala Graham for example. Also both 2nd half tries for Qld were from his shit house defending! He just stood there for the papali try and bounced off McGuire like a little bitch.

Jackson shits on him in edge defending all day!! I'm not saying Jacko should be captain (far from it lol) buy he is def a better defensive option than Cordner.

And it's not like Cordner lights up the attack either. 2 years did fuck all. Frizzel and Murray shit on him.
He was identified for captaincy years ago, he used to be really promising but he's stagnated. It's just one of those situations, W.Graham would be a better option on the left edge but you can't drop a captain whose won 2 Origins and a premiership in the last 2 years.

Banned
Reaction score
He was identified for captaincy years ago, he used to be really promising but he's stagnated. It's just one of those situations, W.Graham would be a better option on the left edge but you can't drop a captain whose won 2 Origins and a premiership in the last 2 years.
Of course you can, yet you need the fortitude to do so which most appear to lack these days.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys like Cordner and to an extent Maloney make the squad better just with their presence in the squad. The intangibles. They certainly arent losing the blues the game so makes it harder to drop when they are winning.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course you can, yet you need the fortitude to do so which most appear to lack these days.
Good luck trying to explain to fans, media and team mates you replaced the incumbent captain of the defending premiers and of the first NSW team to win back to back series in however long and using intestinal fortitude as reasoning.

You'd get flayed

Banned
Reaction score
Why intestinal and not ovarian?
Ray would get the job done!
Anyhow, most fans wouldn't give two fucks in the long term as long as their side keeps winning!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
- I can't get over how beautiful Cook's try was. He puts 3 steps on Munster who never got his footing right
- All of QLD's 3 tries were soft - including McGuires
- When Teddy scored the game-winning try, LOL @ Chambers who tried to do something dirty but got squeezed out :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good was that last minute try by Tedesco. FINGERSIN TIP TOEING DOWN THE SIDELINE

Imagine if we still had Cook and if we landed Tedesco. Also Parramatta sign Ferguson in his prime while we got Napa the flop. Our recruitment & retention is awful.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ferguson, Wighton & Murray all had outstanding games. How were we not in for Ferguson? He is explosive and his athletic ability is freakish.