Official Round 17 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a bit of information regarding our CC team
They will play Newton on Saturday 27/7 at 3.00,Henson Park
A beer festival has been organised for that day
Anyone interested should rock up like the old days
My last visit there was years ago,remember being a nil all draw.
Long live the 80’s

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nu Brown and Fualalo have dropped off the bench leaving Holland and JMK there. I have a feeling JMK will play and Ogden will probably be the one to drop off knowing Pay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nu Brown and Fualalo have dropped off the bench leaving Holland and JMK there. I have a feeling JMK will play and Ogden will probably be the one to drop off knowing Pay.
Consistent with the way Pay thinks :(

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland and JMK won't be our bench, expect Sue, To omoga, Elliot and Ogden.
Just hope they feel like playing footy, long way to go to not give a shit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rumour that Brown is going to drop Crossland and have 4 forwards on the bench and just trample us.

8. Klemmer
10. Gavet

14. D Saifiti
15. J Saifiti
16. Glasby
17. King / Crossland

Will be a dewy and slippery game so hopefully that assists us.

Not confident at all now.

Doooogiez

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon Holland will come in for Meaney... Montoya to wing and Holland centre....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Holland will come in for Meaney... Montoya to wing and Holland centre....
Looking at the team lineups, you might be onto something there. Something that solves the goal kicking problem too.

But it means Meaney sits out a week of footy. Generally the players named across both squads drop.

Holland is named at fullback in NSW Cup. Toa Mata'afa (also a fullback/centre/winger) is on bench in NSW Cup. Demontai Seumanutafa is 19th man in NSW Cup.

It's possible that:
Meaney > dropped.
Holland > NRL
Mata'afa > NSW Cup Fullback
Seumanutafa > NSW Cup bench.

We will know about 4:30PM tomorrow when NSW Cup lock in their teams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looking at the team lineups, you might be onto something there. Something that solves the goal kicking problem too.

But it means Meaney sits out a week of footy. Generally the players named across both squads drop.

Holland is named at fullback in NSW Cup. Toa Mata'afa (also a fullback/centre/winger) is on bench in NSW Cup. Demontai Seumanutafa is 19th man in NSW Cup.

It's possible that:
Meaney > dropped.
Holland > NRL

Pay continuing on Haslers "flying under the radar" selections...confusing everyone, including his players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Combined 17 (just going of match page, I'm not 100% on what side Knights players play so just easier to do that)

1. WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
2. Hunt
3. MONTOYA
4. Ramien
5. Kenny-Dowall
6. Lino
7. Pearce
8. TOLMAN
9. Levi
10. NAPA
11. JACKSON
12. Mata'utia
13. Ese'ese

14. ELLIOTT
15. TOOMAGA (never seen Saulo play)
16. OGDEN (never seen Crossland play)
17. Guerra

I think the halves are the biggest difference. If Klemmer, Saifiti and Glasby are included in the 17 then I can see it being a really difficult game for the boys - shifting who I think has the better forward pack. Anything can happen tho.

Last edited:

Doooogiez

Waterboy
Reaction score

It's possible that:
Meaney > dropped.
Holland > NRL

We sure will. I Do hope that if Meaney isn't playing FB that he is in NSW Cup... I think he is a good young player, but will be found out on the wing. Just doesn't make sense to have a fullback like Meaney on the wing... Sure it works with RTS, Tommy T... but Meaney doesnt have the strength or game of those guys...

See what happens. Just common sense to play players in their proper positions...

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
For all the guys thinking Holland will play, I didn't see him at the hotel last night but JMK was there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JT could never tackle either. Bloke got trampled up until his very last game.
I never get the obsession people have with halves defence because very few are strong defenders.

All you can ask is they put their body in front and the defenders either side help them.

Every now and then there will be tries scored when someone runs through them but thats the game.