Payne and shibasaki

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
RT is 25, Haas in 19, RT isn't even as good in CC as Haas is in first grade.
Haas is already 1 of the best props in first grade, regardless how good people think Toomaga is, if he was THAT good, he'd be in first grade already. The 2 are not even close in ability btw.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges..

To'omaga isn't an NRL prop in my opinion. He'd be at his best used as a wide running prop / second rower / lock, where he can use his footwork at the line, and pace to barge over.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges..

To'omaga isn't an NRL prop in my opinion. He'd be at his best used as a wide running prop / second rower / lock, where he can use his footwork at the line, and pace to barge over.
Renouf was graded as a 2ndrower and it was the Despot regime thats tried to change him to prop.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Renouf was graded as a 2ndrower and it was the Despot regime thats tried to change him to prop.
Thought so... Remember when someone had the great idea playing Okunbor at prop? LOL

I think that was a Ben Anderson coaching masterstroke.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Weather it be as a prop, second rower, lock, centre, halfback any comparison of To'omaga to Haas is ridiculous.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
RT is 25, Haas in 19, RT isn't even as good in CC as Haas is in first grade.[/QUOTE
Granted he is a top player but if you go spending money on props n backrowers when we have lacked a spine and quality outside backs 800k on a prop isn't warranted. Especially
1) islanders don't have a big motor even though this kid looks the goods
2) the interchange will prob drop another 2 in the next year.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought so... Remember when someone had the great idea playing Okunbor at prop? LOL

I think that was a Ben Anderson coaching masterstroke.
They wanted him to learn how to tackle and do the hard stuff. As he always relied upon score more than defending.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haas plays like 65 mins a game so not sure why you're stereotyping him because he's part Islander

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Haas plays like 65 mins a game so not sure why you're stereotyping him because he's part Islander
Get off your high horse man. I didn't say it to knock the islanders down. With the interchange going to drop and refs not blowing the whistle fatigue is going to play a big part, and they islanders have proven they don't have a big motor. They aren't built for it , their explosive n power. The odd players may Be Haas , JT are different but my point is I wouldn't be spending 800k on props when the change is coming and we need to pay overs in other positions. Props are easier to find than halves and quality centres.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/cfa0d7c8feca7eb32585410f413c2537

“... Growing up on the 500-acre family banana farm in Tully in Far North Queensland, Flegler had aspirations of playing for the Cowboys but idolised Broncos legend Corey Parker who has been working with the club’s stable of young forwards...”

Ok fine , never say never but in reality it’s a long shot
Thomas and his old man are smart enough to know the cowboys are not the right fit for him ATM and he is not happy under seibold. I have been in the tully area for the last 25years and have known the family all of that time . Bennet wants him at souths and melbourne are pushing hard the cowboys are also in the mix.we should be putting our cards on the table with the kid if we have'nt already.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get off your high horse man. I didn't say it to knock the islanders down. With the interchange going to drop and refs not blowing the whistle fatigue is going to play a big part, and they islanders have proven they don't have a big motor. They aren't built for it , their explosive n power. The odd players may Be Haas , JT are different but my point is I wouldn't be spending 800k on props when the change is coming and we need to pay overs in other positions. Props are easier to find than halves and quality centres.
That's counterintuitive, with reduced interchange props that can play big minutes like Haas are more valuable

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
That's counterintuitive, with reduced interchange props that can play big minutes like Haas are more valuable
My point is more I won't pay 800 for a prop . Haas is fresh hasn't done it for long enough to be considered worthy. JT is the then only guy worth it and he isn't a prop .