THE REBUILD - The In's & The Out's

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will say this.......Mr Okunbor has a lot of work to do to convince me that he has what it tales, he has the build but, has he got what it takes to go that one step further? I would have expected more from him at the age of 23 FFS

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have not read all the posts on this thread however, what's the go with Tavita Pangai? still not signed up for the horses as yet? now that would have been a good replacement for Mr Klemmer and not "No Nuts Napa"!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Rapana
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Harry Grant
10. Luke Thompson
11. Stimson
12. Jackson
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Napa
15. Ogden
16. CHN
17. Sue
I think Pangai Jr has agreed to terms to extend his contract with the Broncos. He said as much after Sunday’s game on the Chanel 9 interview

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Pangai Jr has agreed to terms to extend his contract with the Broncos. He said as much after Sunday’s game on the Chanel 9 interview
Until the contract is signed and registered with the NRL it ain't over (just ask Tedesco).

Go Dogs

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should keep Lewis as he can be prepped for being the new Jackson in the team. I don't think he is the answer for a halves position but can play there if required.
so adds some versatility if we have injuries etc

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Until the contract is signed and registered with the NRL it ain't over (just ask Tedesco).

Go Dogs
He has moved his mum up as well just recently so I’m pretty sure his immediate future is settled..there is other players we should target for now.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rather keep Foran and Cogger as halves compared to Croft and Clifford. You have more money invested in the centres then the halves.
Good ideas, and great research in your suggestions. Whether we can get any of the signings you list is another story. History tells us that most will be snapped up by their existing clubs, or clubs that don't have a salary cap.

But, we can live in hope.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not many off contract halves available. Townsend's, Walker and a few other oldies are others. Unless Foran has an injury free run from when he returns and the end of 2020 (no chance) I think it's time to say goodbye. He's still a great player really unfortunate his body can't handle it anymore. If we did keep him I'd say it'd be around ~500k, but 2021's going to be a massive year for the club and can we afford to carry someone that is only going to play half the season, no consistency between the halves (I don't think that would affect Foran, more his partner) and other combinations.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching tonights origin game I think we should be targeting Jack Wighton with marquee player money (too good to refuse) He would solve our 5/8 problem, he is a great attacking player, hits hard in defence, has a kicking game, is tough as nails and could be a future leader. He is developing nicely and hasn't even had 1 full season in the halves. This guy is a gun. I would also be throwing big money at Cameron Murray. I think these are the types of guys that we should be targeting who are young guys on the way up but wouldn't be on huge money just yet. If we throw big money at them we could be a chance. Also wouldn't mind Daniel Safiti, get one back on the Knights for pinching Klemmer

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think for next season it is pretty much what it is.

There are some decent players off contract this year but there aint many.

Come November 1 this year, its open slather for 2021 recruits. It is going to be a very crucial period for the club and i hope they can pull off a handful of good signings, as i do not think we will nab a star (i.e Tedesco, T.Turbo, Munster, RTS)

I would have a hit list of;
Joseph Manu
Siosiua Taukeiaho
Tyson Frizell
Zac Lomax
Jesse Ramien
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Tom Trbojevic (wishful thinking)
Jake Trbojevic
Jack Wighton
David Fifita
Thomas Flegler
Kotoni Staggs

dissapointing that there is not many spine players off contract next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After watching tonights origin game I think we should be targeting Jack Wighton with marquee player money (too good to refuse) He would solve our 5/8 problem, he is a great attacking player, hits hard in defence, has a kicking game, is tough as nails and could be a future leader. He is developing nicely and hasn't even had 1 full season in the halves. This guy is a gun. I would also be throwing big money at Cameron Murray. I think these are the types of guys that we should be targeting who are young guys on the way up but wouldn't be on huge money just yet. If we throw big money at them we could be a chance. Also wouldn't mind Daniel Safiti, get one back on the Knights for pinching Klemmer
Wighton already on 750k, no reason why Raiders wouldn't match it and up it a bit if interest from other clubs. I like him as a 6 option tho, not sure how much we'd have to offer, I'm thinking 1m, which wouldn't be worth it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wighton the 5/8 that has no kicking game whatsoever. Watching a few on the Raiders games he has played 5/8, surprise he wasnt hooked a few times. He's a Centre and thats it. 750k no thanks. He was great in Defense last night thats where it ends for mine.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im going to flog a horse until its dead but Apisai Korisau and Addin-Fonua Blake need to be added to the list of realistic targets. They are too logical not to be at the top of the hit list.

And Turbos back up fullback Brendan Elliot is handy too. Tidy under the highball and looking for a first grade spot. Miles better than what we have at the moment. Not a keystone player but one that can hold out till we get a star.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Titans are a basket case.. I would target Nathan Peats.. His dad played for us, definately an improvement on our current hookers..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Titans are a basket case.. I would target Nathan Peats.. His dad played for us, definately an improvement on our current hookers..
He's gone by the wayside lately. Havent watched to many Titans games but he doesnt get many mentions these days.